***Montreal Canadiens vs. LA Kings GDT 11/25/23 1:00pm on BSW***

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed either Moore for the second Kings goal and/or the Gwg would be scored in the first:

Both (2 points):
Rusty
dannybuoy1

Moore (1 point):
SirJW
puckoff
notbob
Cross Traffic
VegasHockey
VCRW
randdog
beedee
Sevenhole
hornman
mugs
empire

Gwg First (1 point):
JayWells24
DRice
jammer06
AngelEyes
Busted Chops
Clif

Game 19, 29 points. At game 20 they will have something like a 120 point pace, be no lower than top 3 in the league and we will all have enjoyed it immensely. The question is as the schedule turns more in to the meat of the Pacific and a much more compact game schedule, are we readay for the grind. This team has accomplished a lot and deserves to be considered legit, but they are also going to have to go out there and prove it every night. Take the week to enjoy this high altitude air everyone, starting in December winter is coming.

Last edited:
starting in December winter is coming.

queue the kings vs white walkers AI image

Remember the Copley/Talbot concerns?

NOPE!

I thought Copley for sure needed a few games to get back in shape. I never said "send his ass back to the North Pole". Dollar Tree moniker disappeared quickly. Those 2 are playing really well.

So is Jon Quick at a spry 37 y/o - go figure... at least we got Gavi out of it. If they both walked that would have been disastrous.

I don’t believe I’ve ever seen a Kings team this deep, top to bottom. And that includes 2012 and 2014. It really is something.

I agree that this team is the most talented that I've seen in my 40+ years of following them.

The Cup-winning teams achieved under the heavy yoke of Darryl. This one will achieve a championship in a more player-friendly manner . . . hopefully. :drinks:

<snip>

Game 19, 29 points. At game 20 they will have something like a 120 point pace, be no lower than top 3 in the league and we will all have enjoyed it immensely. The question is as the schedule turns more in to the meat of the Pacific and a much more compact game schedule, are we readay for the grind. This team has accomplished a lot and deserves to be considered legit, but they are also going to have to go out there and prove it every night. Take the week to enjoy this high altitude air everyone, starting in December winter is coming.

I think that as long as they remain relatively healthy, the very upper echelon of the league is within its grasp. Spence and Englund have room to improve, and I believe they will, as they've already made strides. I definitely don't think we've seen the elite goal-scoring numbers that we can expect from Kempe and Fiala. And I believe that PLD has yet to really bust loose. As others have said on multiple occasions, this team is DEEEEEP.

I think that as long as they remain relatively healthy, the very upper echelon of the league is within its grasp. Spence and Englund have room to improve, and I believe they will, as they've already made strides. I definitely don't think we've seen the elite goal-scoring numbers that we can expect from Kempe and Fiala. And I believe that PLD has yet to really bust loose. As others have said on multiple occasions, this team is DEEEEEP.
Hoping Spence can develop into a Voynov and Englund into McNabb

100%! And our lovely schedule bodes well for the entire team's health when we eventually roll into the playoffs. Rest and recovery are like gold in this league and we seem to have the schedule that produces the most gold.

It's so great to see a guy like Vladislav Gavrikov (actually Joonas Korpasalo too, even though he sadly didn't get to stay in LA for very long) come to the team with such a great attitude, to be immediately received so well by his now fellow players and then to immediately get his head down (figuratively that is, of course!), set about fitting into the system and making the rock solid mark he clearly has and will no doubt continue to do. It was really heartwarming too to hear about the hospitality and how welcome his family were made into the organisation too. As puckoff says Mr Gavrikov is most certainly, as we all hoped he might be, given our problems in that position at the time, a very significant factor in our current run of success. As an LA Kings fan it truly uplifts one's spirits to read about such instances.

Back
Top Bottom