***Montreal Canadiens vs. LA Kings GDT 11/25/23 1:00pm on BSW***

A Kings team who doesn’t play down to the competition and goes for the kill when they smell blood in the water? What is going on here???
This season is feeling really surreal altogether. Unbelievably great buy-in to a man.
Also need to point out the EXCELLENT play by JAD on the Trevor Lewis goal. He created the turnover and made the pass to Lewie for the goal.
It really was. I’ve been critical of him but credit due. That line remained strong tonight and he didn’t make them less effective.

If you go look at hockey db website now, the ‘trending’ section is littered with Kings players, which -never- happens. The entire city of Montreal must be simultaneously looking up the bevy of talent they just watched steamroll their beloved team

I feel like we could take on any team in the league right now. Won't win them all, of course. But when our offense starts clicking, we are one fun team to watch.

- My friend who grew up in Montreal texted me "I'm writing to the Habs to ask for my money back for this game!!" (She was in a very expensive seat, too, lol).

- So Happy they got the shutout for Copley!!

- I though it was just the fact that I had The Wild Child with me that it seemed like the Kings had dominated so hard, but the Montreal fans sitting next to me confirmed that, in fact, the Habs had just sucked.
- Suzuki is a jerk. Didn't realize he is such a pest.
- So great to see the Kings outskate a team that clearly relies on speed over grit.

Last edited:
Kopi is just one hell of a hockey player. On that last breakout he is with Kempe who has the puck. Kopi backs off to make sure Kempe can exit the zone...puck gets coughed up back into the Kings zone...Kopi collects and clears the zone. Just good defense.

Possibly the most underrated hockey player of all time. If that's even possible for a 1st ballot HOF'er, top 100 hockey player of all time. Better than Bergeron for me.

If he played in NY or Toronto and won 2 cups and was putting up even bigger "east coast hockey" inflated numbers, he'd get the recognition he deserves.

But it's more fun having him to ourselves :)

The commitment to defense and the strong backchecking by every player is leading to great opportunities to score going back the other way.

Fiala's play to just tip a puck on the backcheck in the 2nd (I believe) almost certainly saved a goal, a wide open shot at net on a 2-1 at least...and something I'd never imagine seeing Fiala do. Incredible!

Watched the Nucks game, If you haven’t seen Hughes play he’s the real deal. Sharks actually looked like a NHL team

Hmm... the Habs dominated us in the "hit" dept. They out-physicaled us but but they couldn't out-speed us.
ah...interesting....to me it felt like their whole game was just run & gun, but that was getting shut down. (I had a 2 year old watching cartoons on my lap all game, so wasn't always paying the best attention!!) Felt like we were getting in a lot of hits, especially in the 2nd period.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom