Obnoxious foods!

Sean53

TEAM LGK
Okay, I personally can't stand to hear, see , or smell other people eating apples, or corn nuts. There are other foods that should be eaten in privacy, but those are my two biggest. People look so stupid eating apples, and the sound of a big ol' bite is very unpleasant as well. Corn nuts have an obnoxious crunch, and stink! They're both the "nails on the chalkboard" of the food world. For some reason, I have no problem eating these things on my own, but wish other people would do it in the privacy of their own home. So my question is....what food do you like, but wish everyone else would keep to themselves?

I find it obnoxious that people feel the need to announce how juicy watermelon is as they eat it.

This watermelon is like Niagara falls in my mouth. I should be wearing a raincoat!

I hate tham...and can't stand to anyone eat them either...

Walnuts...how anyone who could eat anything with the texture of dried snot is beyond me...

Now on subject...

Durian... I love this...but the smell is MURDER... If you keep them anywhere enclosed...the entire vehicle/room/area reeks from it... I buy cheap water coolers and fill them with ice to keep the smell from permeating into the car... Of course I duct tape the lid shut... I put it in a cheap refrigerator just small enough to contain the fruit... Tastes better grilled than raw though...

Pomegranates I love these...but they tend to give you stained fingers for weeks on end...even after continuous washing...

You can say bananas...but will exempt the ladies from this one...for obvious reasons... I gave up on them because you have to have the correct ripeness or It's too slimy...just one second above or below and they taste off... They do well to ripen other foods...and that's about all they're good for...

Sardines/Anchovies... There's nowhere to run when you want a sardine and anchovy sandwich and your cat wants it sooner than you do...even going as far as trying to sabotage you while making the sandwich... Then hours later your breath permeates the whole room with it...also driving the cats nuts...

Last edited:
I hate tham...and can't stand to anyone eat them either...

Walnuts...how anyone who could eat anything with the texture of dried snot is beyond me...

Now on subject...

Durian... I love this...but the smell is MURDER... If you keep them anywhere enclosed...the entire vehicle/room/area reeks from it... I buy cheap water coolers and fill them with ice to keep the smell from permeating into the car... Of course I duct tape the lid shut... I put it in a cheap refrigerator just small enough to contain the fruit... Tastes better grilled than raw though...

Pomegranates I love these...but they tend to give you stained fingers for weeks on end...even after continuous waking...

You can say bananas...but will exempt the ladies from this one...for obvious reasons... I gave up on them because you have to have the correct ripeness or It's too slimy...just one second above or below and they taste off... They do well to ripen other foods...and that's about all they're good for...

Sardines/Anchovies... There's nowhere to run when you want a sardine and anchovy sandwich and your cat wants it sooner than you do...even going as far as trying to sabotage you while making the sandwich... Then hours later your breath permeates the whole room with it...also driving the cats nuts...
I've never tried Durian. After reading your reply, I don't know if I want to try it or not?! 😄

Another one with me is pickles... Note I love the dill with HEAVY garlic as well as the sweet...

It's the second coming of Niagra Falls and/or Old Faithful when you bite into them wrong...

Grapefruit has that same problem (Old Faithful in the eyes)...but I prefer the sweeter ruby red variety...

Peanut butter...well...if it's not old school peanut butter in peanut oil (crunchy preferred)...it's false advertising...

Margarine...no substitute for REAL BUTTER...plus there's an ingredient added to margarine that makes my skin break out every time...

Oatmeal ANYTHING...my grandmother cured me of this monstrosity when I was 6...and never looked back...

All I have left to say on this one is GIVE IT BACK TO THE HORSE!!!!!

Fruitcake... The worst of fruits (two of which bring allergy symptoms) paired with nuts that have the consistency of dried snot (walnuts)... (Also see the joke thread for the only fruitcake usage that is actually practical... Note I added to the list...since the original list only had 15 ways to creatively use it...)

I've made some to my taste and these are actually worthy of being eaten outside the home... Plus it doesn't look the same way coming up as it does going down...

Fruitcake... The worst of fruits (two of which bring allergy symptoms) paired with nuts that have the consistency of dried snot (walnuts)... (Also see the joke thread for the only fruitcake usage that is actually practical... Note I added to the list...since the original list only had 15 ways to creatively use it...)

I've made some to my taste and these are actually worthy of being eaten outside the home... Plus it doesn't look the same way coming up as it does going down...
Fruitcake is the spawn of satan

I love your attention to detail on bad foods! You should write a (Don't) cook book! 😁

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom