Obnoxious foods!

are you one of those poor souls where cilantro tastes like soap?
No, I don’t believe so. I just don’t like the taste. As King Ludwig stated, it can overpower a meal and I think that has something to do with it also.

Let's just say that the sister-in-law in question was in the class ahead of mine in high school...and there's 11 years between her and my late wife's ages at the time..

Heck...I was 9 years older than my wife when we got married...

Vimto

Disgusting taste...but not as bad as Irn-Bru...

If you like blackcurrants you might appreciate it more...

If you're in Scotland...if the natives offer you an Irn-Bru...run to Wales...

That stuff is pure evil... The nicest thing I heard about it is closer to the truth... It tastes like rotten bananas marinated in urine...

How this sells more than Coca Cola is still a mystery to me...

I took two sips and was driving the porcelain bus for three hours and took nine hours to get that horrid taste out of my mouth... I prefer haggis over this and that has oats in it (lucky I found a rice based one to avoid the feed bag taste)...

If you're in Scotland...if the natives offer you an Irn-Bru...run to Wales...

That stuff is pure evil... The nicest thing I heard about it is closer to the truth... It tastes like rotten bananas marinated in urine...

How this sells more than Coca Cola is still a mystery to me...

I took two sips and was driving the porcelain bus for three hours and took nine hours to get that horrid taste out of my mouth... I prefer haggis over this and that has oats in it (lucky I found a rice based one to avoid the feed bag taste)...

From Wiki: "Irn-Bru is a Scottish carbonated soft drink, often described as "Scotland's other national drink" (after whisky)."

Let's defer to Whisky then. :alky:

Girl Scout Cookies the absolute worst thing when you're on a diet...and you know my sales resistance gets tested once I see a girl with red hair... It's more imagining what the mother would look like...and if the mother knows me...I tend to go the other way...just to play it safe...

Birthday cake... It sinks like lead after people start singing happy birthday to you...

Corned beef and cabbage... The odor lingers for weeks after cooking it...

As my present girlfriend would say it... Give me bratwurst in my sauerkraut any day...

You know what's obnoxious, chili without beans. :nono:
I like it without beans or a black bean chili... I can either add or leave the pinto beans depending on the mood... The con carne chili (or chili Colorado) doubles as a great topping for hot dogs...

I only listed the only bean that should never be put in a chili... Of the bottom ten chili recipes I've judged...ALL were heavy on the kidney beans... To think I put a ringer in with my recipe to win six years in a row...and I ranked it third best in three of those years while the other two declared it the hands down winner... I also ranked it second best two other years to a beanless chili that had varying levels of heat and I sort of noticed what that red hot redhead was doing with each layer of chilies she put in hers... 12 diced jalapenos with seeds paired by half of her red onions...8 cayenne peppers... Minced and seeded paired with her yellow onions...4 Thai chilies minced and seeded with her minced shallots...2 habaneros and a Scotch bonnet minced and seeded paired with 3 cloves of minced garlic and her cilantro... All this was in 15 minute intervals during the cooking process... I honestly loved this recipe enough to knock two tenths of a point off of my ringer with my black bean chili recipe (minus the habaneros/Scotch bonnets)...

The all time worst of them combined Kidney beans with the rancid taste of Tabasco on top of it... It was so bad that the second judge on the panel yelled out "MY GOD!!! WHEN DID SUMMER'S EVE COME IN TABASCO FLAVOR!!!" I didn't expect that phrase to ever be uttered by anyone...let alone the judge who made me spit it through my nose... Can you imagine how long that smell remained in my nose even after 30 nose spray treatments???

Tabasco

Heavy vinegar and water with some weak horrible tasting chili added in... I will again mention why that judge made me laugh so hard...

WHEN DID SUMMER'S EVE COME IN TABASCO FLAVOR???

How this judge knew how a douche tasted is beyond me...that is...unless he lost a bet...

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom