***San Jose Sharks vs. LA Kings GDT 3/10/22 7:30pm on BSW***

Don’t think they let it get away - think they played to lose. Horrible, sloppy hockey. Nice point.

Even though we're lucky to get that point, I don't feel lucky. Too many near miss shots that Kings should have scored. Stop it with all the penalties too!

I'm worried about an emotional letdown tonight. That was a tough 3 in 4; physical, emotional, injuries and a long flight home.
Would not be surprised if tonight is ragged.
Hope I'm wrong and they find the energy.

Not tooting my own horn at all but, it just felt like it was coming.
A point is ok by me.

Well, the Spence post game presser was nice. Best part of the night. Easy kid to root for.

That was embarrassing. The Sharks scored more tonight than they have in the last three games. The Sharks have the Kings number. Need to sit Kempe and Iafallo give him a rest. People love to blame Quick, however all three goals by the Sharks were solid. Nobody helped him out on the last one, can't let a skater cruise around the net and slowly wrap one in. It's all good thank goodness they don't play the Sharks again. whoops

Even if we held on, it was pretty evident the Kings desperately missed Anderson and Doughty tonight.

Also need Kempe to get going again here.

Even if we held on, it was pretty evident the Kings desperately missed Anderson and Doughty tonight.

Also need Kempe to get going again here.

And Kopitar and Iafallo. The top line has gone stone cold. Without Arvidsson, the lack of right shot forwards is a problem. I hope Blake can package some of the talent in Ontario to bring in someone offensively dangerous to play with Kopitar and Kempe. Arty isn't ready yet. JAD brought nothing. And Iafallo has been a shadow of his former self since returning to the lineup. And none of them, of course, are right shots.

Kempe certainly tried tonight. The effort was there, he just looked … off. Trying too hard.

Hard to pin that on any one guy, the whole game was a sloppy mess. Not to make excuses, but that back end looked exactly like what it was.

Iafallo invisible again. The game tying goal could have been prevented if he had tied up his man. Been saying for weeks he needs a seat in the press box.

That was embarrassing. The Sharks scored more tonight than they have in the last three games. The Sharks have the Kings number. Need to sit Kempe and Iafallo give him a rest. People love to blame Quick, however all three goals by the Sharks were solid. Nobody helped him out on the last one, can't let a skater cruise around the net and slowly wrap one in. It's all good thank goodness they don't play the Sharks again. whoops

Yes, let's bench our top goal scorer and another forward when we're already down a few players just to feed your ego lol. Some Kings fans never change lmao.

Congratulations to our sole poster who correctly guessed there would be 10 individual trips to the penalty box:

Busted Chops

Not sure what it is about the sharks that continues to give the Kings so much trouble. They certainly do though. I turned the game off immediately after the OT goal so I didn't have to watch in slo motion whatever it was that Quick was trying to accomplish. Two more games against this squad and I think he got his chance to avenge that Meier disaster. I get that Arty had a couple of bad turnovers on the powerplay but I didn't think that was reason to put AI back on Kopi's wing late. Lizotte must be made of some stern stuff because for all the punishment he takes, hes still in there getting rag dolled. Those dark circles under his eyes are starting to make me question if he's undead...or related to Kopi. In any case we get them again in SJ and lets hope that our cobbled together lineup gels a little bit. Hope Drew can come back soon. I liked Spence but Durzi at 20 minutes is going to be pretty high risk reward.

And Kopitar and Iafallo. The top line has gone stone cold. Without Arvidsson, the lack of right shot forwards is a problem. I hope Blake can package some of the talent in Ontario to bring in someone offensively dangerous to play with Kopitar and Kempe. Arty isn't ready yet. JAD brought nothing. And Iafallo has been a shadow of his former self since returning to the lineup. And none of them, of course, are right shots.

Kopitar had a grade A chance to win it toward the end. Used to be deadly from that area. Shot it over the net. I'm probably his biggest defender but he has to start scoring goals, especially when the rest of that line isn't. He just fails to convert on high quality chances all the time now. Nice to see the Toddfather call him and Kempe out post game. Expectations are high for both of them and they aren't delivering at all right now. Kopi could very easily be our 3rd line Center next season IF they have elevate QB to 2C and Danault to 1C (which he basically is now anyways).

Quick goal in OT was turrible...just a mess.

PP is still fugly

Can't lose games when you are up 3-1, especially to the Sharts.

Sharts fans were fairly quiet and then turned obnoxious after the OT goal, especially as they were leaving and starting to chant. Ooof.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, let's bench our top goal scorer and another forward when we're already down a few players just to feed your ego lol. Some Kings fans never change lmao.

This is not a normal schedule, they look tired out there. Bring a few up from Ontario just to give them a break. Ego? WTF are you talking about!

This is not a normal schedule, they look tired out there. Bring a few up from Ontario just to give them a break. Ego? WTF are you talking about!

Say out loud what you said about benching Kempe AND Iafallo when we're already down Arvy, Lemieux and Drew is also hurt. 95% of Kings fans would call for your head lol. If you're gonna bench people, maybe look at Brown, Byfield, Grundstrom....

JFC - I can’t believe how some fans like me - who probably never ice skated before - think like crazy ass uncles.

You can’t blame Quick. 2 pp goals & a deflection. Durzi was gassed - Quick got bumped - so they scored. SJ also got back 2 players who weren’t around when they lost 8 nil to Preds.

Dustin Brown has to be removed from the pp. Byfield has never touched the ice with man advantage…nor in an OT period.

Just play him.

Kopitar needs to go back to the STOLL SCHOOL OF FACEOFFS- cuz G D it, win a damn face off.

I missed the game because Twitter ruined it for me just before I went to watch - going through the GDT, man everyone is so testy here - bashing each other. WTF happened? Didn't look that bad.

Aaaaaand Quick making that play in OT messed it up, but it's not a terrible play. He challenged him so he had nowhere to go but around. I get blaming Quick, but one of the three should've seen that Quick forced him to one possible move only and been there to knock him the hell out before he could put it in. Preferably Quick stays in, but you could see that play happening before it did, don't know why none of our players could. And finally - top line needs to score - and until they do, they shouldn't be the first line in OT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom