***San Jose Sharks vs. Los Angeles Kings GDT 1/22/24 7:30pm on BSW***

Hey the Rangers just lost to the Sharks. Is it time for them to fire their coach?
Wow - I think I need to check out their forum again. That has to be a scene.
For the people complaining about the "system", to this point in the season, the Kings 5v5 offense generates high-danger scoring chances at a rate of 11.93 per 60 minutes of play. That's 7th best in the entire league. They limit high-danger scoring chances at a rate of 9.69 per 60. That's the 2nd lowest in the league behind Carolina.

The system works. The guys just aren't scoring and as of the last 3 or so weeks the goalies aren't making the big save.
This is encouraging in that the Oilers had great underlying numbers also before turning it around. On the other hand, as strong as these stats are ranking-wise it’s crazy that it only translates to a +2 on HDC a night. No wonder they’re losing so many one goal games when like you said, the scoring’s not there and the goaltending has leveled. Also, shows just how hard it is to win in this league. Pretty wild to see early Eastern favorites in NYR sputter alongside us.

I don’t like the drop-off in play in-game. No one dominates an entire 60 minutes, but there have been too many games where the Kings are by far the worse team in a period or two. It could be that the frustration of not scoring game in and game out causes them to sag and get frustrated. It may be that PDO going back the other way for them is really all this is about, which is not a solution, it’s a hope. Short of a trade shake-up or canning Todd, that looks like the only course they will take.

2 points is 2 points was never about celebrating a win or absolving the team of their many defensive sins. 2 points is 2 points means the team is going through it right now and any time they can bank 2 points it's something to build off. It really shouldn't be that hard to comprehend but here we are.
Uh yeah, exactly. You think narrowly and I think broadly. My point. Thank you.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom