***San Jose Sharks vs. Los Angeles Kings GDT 1/22/24 7:30pm on BSW***

That I’m a genius.

I can point it out for you. I don’t mind hand holding. It’s later in the evening so it’s understandable.

My point was the future. Regardless of result we have problems.

The responders reply was the present. Thinking of only getting 2 points.

So when they got 1 point…..his point didn’t materialize and mine continued to soar even higher.

2 points is 2 points was never about celebrating a win or absolving the team of their many defensive sins. 2 points is 2 points means the team is going through it right now and any time they can bank 2 points it's something to build off. It really shouldn't be that hard to comprehend but here we are.

Fiala had a great game but nothing to show for it
2 primary assists? Maybe 4-5 if people shooting could score in the first. He set-up so many 2 on 1s. Literally leading the team in points.

Dubois -13 btw just like to throw that out there because it's fun.

Last edited:
Kopi certainly looked better tonight. Still not where he was to start the season. Hopefully he can recapture his game soon.

well, clearly Matt Roy, my used-to-be-most-hated-now-one-of-my-top-3-fav-players, is the key to a Kings win. Clarke looked great, though. Except on that breakaway that led to the Sharks 3rd goal.

At least the traffic going to the game was light, and my friend paid for my delicious quesadilla from the DTLA bar. Oh, and Wetzels Pretzels finally had cinnamon pretzels for once!

Last edited:
We need a coach who doesn't have such reverence for DD and Kopi and awards ice time on merit.
They are the Golden Ones who have won exactly what in a decade?
What I don't get is why he changed his approach? Weren't their minutes fairly sheltered up to a certain point?

While I wasn't too worried about some of TM's quirks while the Kings were winning, they are certainly becoming more and more problematic.

What I'm worried about the most is...that the powers-that-be (the ones that are concerned about amusing the casual fanbase and fan-related income) are maybe satisfied with 2 Cup wins and now simply demand productive hockey and just playoffs, and that due to Kopi's and DD's "stardom" demand high usage for them. Casual fan probably doesn't understand the nuances of OT hockey. I'm worried about this much more than TM turning out to be a bust. Because it would mean whoever replaces him will have similar limitations while Kopi/DD era lasts...

Are the Kings the easiest team to figure out in the league? Yet another game where they dominate the first in shots and chances and then lose the second period. Seems all a team has to do is weather the first then come out and exploit the Kings on the forecheck and push out their offense to the perimeter. W.

In some perverse way, I'm almost happy.

I was supposed to be at this game, but I missed it (God-related*).

Then I couldn't even watch the game on TV (God-related*).

Then I couldn't even listen to it on the radio (greed-related).

But I'm almost happy I missed this one.

So Thank you God! And you greedy bastards that won't even let fans listen to the game FREE on a transistor radio.

*before I get attacked , this was weather-related, not God-related...but it sounded better if I said it was God, cuz I think God is unhappy with the LA Kings. Maybe it's the name?
Kings haven't been on the radio for awhile now. You been living under a rock?

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed 1 goal differential and/or a final 4-3 score:

Both (2 Points):
Byron
forum gold

1 goal diff (1 point):
jammer06
JETS GARAGE
Madness20721

If anyone were to have watched that first period and then woken up to the final score of 4-3 in a shootout their first thought would probably have been "oh the kings must have let up on the gas". Which isn't entirely at odds with Todd's post game commentary considering he was emphasizing 3 goals should have been enough....however it is missing the forest for the trees when the team never had the lead. Todd wants to make this teams identity about being a team with structure that defends well, but what he really needs to admit is this team plays so structured that when it breaks the wheels fly off.

One other tidbit to cover, the "January Malaise" has been an item we've talked of in the past, and it has seemed true. However there's the January records for the Todd Tenure:
2020: 2-7-1 0.250 (ended season at 0.457)
2021: 3-3-2 0.500 (ended season at 0.438)
2022: 8-4-2 0.642 (ended season at 0.604)
2023: 7-5-1 0.576 (ended season at 0.634)

We've all seen this team need the allstar break, but that largely was a function of bad teams. This team is breaking new ground for Todd (and Blake) with this run of 2-6-3 0.318 and 4 more games to go.

Kings season is over before the all star break unless SOMEBODY in the organization does something. At least this failure of a season will free up time to see what the Dodgers do in the Spring.

all i've learned this suckfest of a month is that rob blake and probably luc need to go with todd. the response to suckfest is to say "everythings cool i'm gonna leave it to leadership".. well that's already.. whose.. in .. charge.. blake. ? and the line changes from todd are a joke.. they need system changes which todd is incapable of and pld needs more sugar in his coffee.

If anyone were to have watched that first period and then woken up to the final score of 4-3 in a shootout their first thought would probably have been "oh the kings must have let up on the gas". Which isn't entirely at odds with Todd's post game commentary considering he was emphasizing 3 goals should have been enough....however it is missing the forest for the trees when the team never had the lead. Todd wants to make this teams identity about being a team with structure that defends well, but what he really needs to admit is this team plays so structured that when it breaks the wheels fly off.
Yeah, this is really bad. I never recall seeing a Kings team do this so consistently. It is as if they go completely brain dead.

Last edited:
That's it. This is my last live Kings game... for this season... :rolleyes:

I'm pretty crushed right now. On one hand—we lost to the Sharks. Nuff said.

But I can't deny that it was still a pretty fun night. My uni. got me tickets to see the tunnel experience for cheap and man, was it great to see those chrome domes up close!

And yet I'm still miserable. o_O

all i've learned this suckfest of a month is that rob blake and probably luc need to go with todd. the response to suckfest is to say "everythings cool i'm gonna leave it to leadership".. well that's already.. whose.. in .. charge.. blake. ? and the line changes from todd are a joke.. they need system changes which todd is incapable of and pld needs more sugar in his coffee.
Even if they haven't tuned Todd out, something must change.
The league has figured out how to beat his system.
And he clearly doesn't have the ability to adjust.
And Blake refuses to acknowledge there is a problem. A correctable problem.
I hope upper management cares enough to force Blake to do something, or else he must go.

Cos this is UNACCEPTABLE.

@Rog or Reg? "Really?!?"

Kyle Really.jpg

For the people complaining about the "system", to this point in the season, the Kings 5v5 offense generates high-danger scoring chances at a rate of 11.93 per 60 minutes of play. That's 7th best in the entire league. They limit high-danger scoring chances at a rate of 9.69 per 60. That's the 2nd lowest in the league behind Carolina.

The system works. The guys just aren't scoring and as of the last 3 or so weeks the goalies aren't making the big save.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom