The other teams thread

Vegas has Chicago and Anaheim left on their schedule.

Turns out the final week of the season is still incredibly important for the Kings. I hope the players feel the same way. A 1st round matchup with Dallas is like missing the playoffs all together with extra steps.

I think there’s enough ill will between Minnesota and this Kings team that effort won’t be an issue. I am a bit concerned about Thurs. game vs. Chicago. Hopefully Vegas will do us a favor and lose to Chicago tomorrow…
Bolded = perfectly put.

Agreed on the emotions with MN. I don’t take them lightly either because of it.

If NSH does lose today in regulation it does provide that window for the Kings if they lose a game outside regulation. Already spotting Vegas two wins mentally so tonight’s games will go a long way to showing how the matchups are going to work out.

There's a chance we play Dallas if Vegas overtakes us. There's also a chance if that happens & Vancouver overtakes Dallas that we play the Canucks. But it's more likely we play Edmonton for the 3rd year in a row. My question that I'd love for someone to ask the players is what would make this year different from the last 2 years? Other than anything can happen. For that matter, have 2 teams met in the playoffs where 1 team has won twice then the other team wins the 3rd matchup? I don't know how precisely to ask this so I'm getting crap answers from Google & Bing.

There's a chance we play Dallas if Vegas overtakes us. There's also a chance if that happens & Vancouver overtakes Dallas that we play the Canucks. But it's more likely we play Edmonton for the 3rd year in a row. My question that I'd love for someone to ask the players is what would make this year different from the last 2 years? Other than anything can happen. For that matter, have 2 teams met in the playoffs where 1 team has won twice then the other team wins the 3rd matchup? I don't know how precisely to ask this so I'm getting crap answers from Google & Bing.
Vegas plays CHI and ANH. They’d have to lose at least one of those in regulation for us to stay in 3rd. It’s not that DAL is the most likely opponent now, it’s practically assured.

in many ways the Kings losing to the Wild due to a distinct lack of interest/effort thus setting up an all but guaranteed 1st round loss to the Stars is the perfect end to this cursed season.

**** it. Tear this sh*t down to the studs and let the next GM build it up correctly.

u promise?

i see a black hole for about.. 7 years.
No reason it should take that long. Kopi is done in 2 years. Doughty can be traded this summer if he wants to go chase a Cup. Gavrikov has 1 year left. Fiala and Kempe will get big trade returns. I imagine Danault would love to go back to Montreal.

Kings would just have to bite the bullet on PLD and Moore. It’s fine. They help reach the salary cap floor.

4 years from tear down to rebuild. QB will be 25. Brandt Clarke 24. Mikey Anderson 28. And whatever young players you develop and high draft picks you acquire over that 4 year span.

in many ways the Kings losing to the Wild due to a distinct lack of interest/effort thus setting up an all but guaranteed 1st round loss to the Stars is the perfect end to this cursed season.

**** it. Tear this sh*t down to the studs and let the next GM build it up correctly.
Welcome to the dark side. /jk

Last night was so freaking frustrating. From leaving home early to make the 6:30 PM start to watching a truly dreadful game. The worst part is we had OWNED the Wild this season. Weren't the other games something like 7-3 and 6-0 Kings wins? They are a smaller team that we should match up great against. Instead we got a single goal against the backup goalie on a team with the #1D out for the season. The Kings couldn't complete a pass. The first goal against was sorta iffy. Second goal Drew should have kept going until he heard a whistle. And we got lucky that Goligoski missed the open net and KapriSun missed a shovel-in from the crease. As bad as the game was last night, the score could easily have been worse.

I feel like we have a lost year where Blake traded so many assets away to be in a same-but-crappier position compared to 12 months ago.

Welcome to the dark side. /jk

Last night was so freaking frustrating. From leaving home early to make the 6:30 PM start to watching a truly dreadful game. The worst part is we had OWNED the Wild this season. Weren't the other games something like 7-3 and 6-0 Kings wins? They are a smaller team that we should match up great against. Instead we got a single goal against the backup goalie on a team with the #1D out for the season. The Kings couldn't complete a pass. The first goal against was sorta iffy. Second goal Drew should have kept going until he heard a whistle. And we got lucky that Goligoski missed the open net and KapriSun missed a shovel-in from the crease. As bad as the game was last night, the score could easily have been worse.

I feel like we have a lost year where Blake traded so many assets away to be in a same-but-crappier position compared to 12 months ago.
I actually believe there’s a really good team inside these guys somewhere. The version of the team we saw for the first 30 games could win the Cup. I fully believe that. That’s the best Kings team since the 2014 Cup winning squad. Maybe better all things considered.

They executed the game plan near perfectly. Then something happened where they started to get some media hype and attention and it flipped a switch in their heads. They suddenly felt like they were better than most teams and just needed to show up to win.

That attitude directly led to the firing of TM because they couldn’t flip the switch at will. The structure broke down and they’ve struggled to find it for more than 2 games at a time since the All Star Break.

Maybe a miracle happens and the Kings team from Oct-Dec shows up against the Stars but I really don’t think so. If they don’t then the organization needs a reboot.

I have tried to convince myself of the same thing, that there is still a good team here.
I’ve always felt the season is three baskets:
First 25 are just settling in.
Around December it tightens up.
March is the stretch run for playoffs, faster, less time and space.

Kings were good in the first part. Sucked when things got tighter and faster. Totally inconsistent through the stretch.

I do think early success went to their heads.
But I look at this team and it’s still pretty dangerous, when they commit to playing and competing.

But, playoffs are another level. Tighter, more physical.

I do not have much optimism

If Van wins, Dal and the Kings lose..... Kings would open up against Vancouver.

If Dal wins and Kings lose, Kings open against Dallas.

If Kings win and Vegas loses, same as above but replace the Kings with Vegas. If the Kings and Knights tie in points, Kings get 3rd due to the tie-breaker.

If Dal wins and Kings lose, Kings open against Dallas.

If Kings win and Vegas loses, same as above but replace the Kings with Vegas. If the Kings and Knights tie in points, Kings get 3rd due to the tie-breaker.
School Math GIF by National Geographic Channel

Now that the Stars didn't win the President's Trophy, haha, I think you can call them a favorite to win the cup, so anyone but them!!

Also true if Kings and Knights both win. Part of the frustration in that Kings don’t control their own potential. At least a little exciting for the next 18-36 hrs that VAN is still on the table.

I’ve come around on the likely seeding provided it means Vegas plays EDM. Would love nothing more than to see Connor and his goons go down in the first round.

The Kings possibly ending up with the LAST Western Conference playoff spot after how good they started the season just rubs me the wrong way. Based on principle or something.

As if Dolphins had any principles. :mhihi: :fpalm:

my head hurts with all these playoff scenarios still in play. I hope we get Van in the playoffs tho. On another note, just watched Jeff Carter Skate his last game in the nhl with the pens loss to the Isles. Very classy that as visiting team he got one of the 3 stars in the loss, and came back out on the ice

my head hurts with all these playoff scenarios still in play. I hope we get Van in the playoffs tho. On another note, just watched Jeff Carter Skate his last game in the nhl with the pens loss to the Isles. Very classy that as visiting team he got one of the 3 stars in the loss, and came back out on the ice
Wow....I hadn't heard he was retiring....good send off.

jom

The West moves one night closer to finalizing the standings.

Dallas won and locks up #1 overall
Edmonton lost. Vancouver #2 overall/1st in Pacific. Edmonton #2 in the Pacific.

Vegas has 98 points. LA has 97 points. Both play tomorrow night.

Let see which team wants to play Edmonton and which team would rather take their chances against Dallas…

Back
Top Bottom