Booze The recommend-a-beer thread

28428529_169822900480332_7238349800318435328_n.jpg

this, my friends, is a seriously good beer. I have yet to try Brew Doughty.

beer_218227.jpg

Had a couple of these while i watched the game last night. Sooo good

Still a favorite of mine after all these years. I guess they had to change the name. Used to be called Kilt Lifter, which is still the name listed on their website.
u8vpy.jpg

Still a favorite of mine after all these years. I guess they had to change the name. Used to be called Kilt Lifter, which is still the name listed on their website.

u8vpy.jpg

It looks like they changed it on their own in a few states, to avoid confusion with local craft beers. I haven't tried it in years, so may need to sample once again.

4 Peaks out of AZ has a beer called kilt lifter and they got bought up by big beer a year or two ago.

4 Peaks out of AZ has a beer called kilt lifter and they got bought up by big beer a year or two ago.

had no idea they got bought up. no wonder that beer hasn't tasted the same since I really enjoyed it some years ago.

Yeah, the name Kilt Lifter has been used by at least a few breweries. And yeah, 4 Peaks is owned by AB-Inbev. That might explain the label change. As for the beer, it still gives that good grainy, un-roasted maltiness (to my taste) that I enjoyed from the first sip.

Picked up a sixer of that ^^^. I've heard really good things about it. Not surprising, as it's two of my favorite breweries.

totally. just got another sixer tonight. I noticed that they also have those in bombers.

Another recommend. Now, I might prefer Noble's Naughty Sauce by a hair, as I view them very very similar, however this is still good stuff, and a few ABV percentage points stronger as well.
15eka5c.jpg

Another recommend. Now, I might prefer Noble's Naughty Sauce by a hair, as I view them very very similar, however this is still good stuff, and a few ABV percentage points stronger as well.
15eka5c.jpg

I heard that KRBC has 4 different styles of this stout just for the occasion. which one did you have?

15eka5c.jpg

Is this on the sweet or bitter spectrum?

I heard that KRBC has 4 different styles of this stout just for the occasion. which one did you have?

I didn't know there were other versions, but this would be the coffee version which reminded me a lot of Naughty Sauce.

Is this on the sweet or bitter spectrum?

Definitely sweet. I didn't find it cloying like some other beers, but it's definitely on the sweet side of the spectrum.

Stopped by Lincoln Beer on my way home from the rink yesterday and tried this on tap. Its was mighty fine!

20180612_210719.jpg

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom