***Washington Capitals vs. LA Kings GDT 11/29/23 7:30pm on BSW***

Just doesn’t seem it’s in the cards tonight, y’all… that second period letdown… damn… hope I am wrong…

He is just not a 4th line kinda guy. Doesn’t think defense. Doesn’t use his size. But he isn’t skilled enough or fast enough to play top 9. One trick pony for sure…
Yep, and I do not think the 4th line got a lot of ice time tonight becuase they could not carry the play. The loss of Lizotte and Grundstrom and the addition of Kaliyev seems to have tanked that line.

Yep, and I do not think the 4th line got a lot of ice time tonight becuase they could not carry the play. The loss of Lizotte and Grundstrom and the addition of Kaliyev seems to have tanked that line.
Kaliyev scored the only goal. And Lewis had a bad read along with Roy leading to a Caps goal. I'm sure Kaliyev was the problem tonight.

I did not say he was. I have been calling out his play all season. Just applauding Fox for finally saying something about it. Do you enjoy watching him float around in the defensive zone, never stop, just constant flybys? Never even trying to take the body?

25% of the time he plays well enough. 50% of the time he is kind of bad, and the last 25% of the time was like period 2. I just do not think he brings enough to this team on a consistent basis.
I really would like to see Turcotte get a real chance on the 4th line. Seems like his style of play would fit really well there and that it's time to reward him with a call-up.

congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed the winning team would score 2 goals or that there would be 0 ppg's scored:

2 goals Winning Team (1 Point):
TooCool

0PPG's (1 Point):
KHenry14
Rogie-Vachon

Well they got goalied, absolutely played well enough to win but it didn't happen. That was almost 2011-2012 frustrating, but at least it wasn't inducing the flashbacks where you knew if Quick gave up a second goal they needed a shootout to get that second point. Officially at the quarter point with 29 points is 119 point pace. There's not a lot to complain about, but its a long season and that November respite is officially over with Pacific division play about to commence in a hurry (7 in a row to close the month) in addition to a visit from the Av's and Rags. Gird the loins folks, past returns are no guarantee of future results.

Kaliyev scored the only goal. And Lewis had a bad read along with Roy leading to a Caps goal. I'm sure Kaliyev was the problem tonight.
Yep, looks like Roy and Lewis both stood watching expecting the other guy to cover. Happens. Yes, Kaliyev scored a goal, but was absolutely crap for the better part of the game. If you recorded the game please watch it again. Especially around the 4 minute mark in the 2nd period when Kaliyev had a garbage shift. The momentum totally shifted to the Caps for a good bit after that. All because of one player and he does stuff like that often. If you only care about goals, all is well I guess.

I am not putting the loss on Kaliyev, that is not the point. The point was that I was happy that Fox finally called him out for his crap play all over the ice. When I bring up his poor play people just want to brush it off etc.... It was just nice to have him called out by Fox. He is the worst forward on this team, but he has one of the better shots.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom