Game Day Thread
Game #36/82 -- 12/22/22

2022-3-Game-36-Flames-Home-Logos.png

G36-Team-Stats.png

Calgary Flames vs. Los Angeles Kings

at
Crypto-logo-175-for-real.png
| Los Angeles, CA

TOY DRIVE - bring a new, unwrapped toy & get raffle tickets for prizes!

Previous Meeting

12/22/22 - Kings 5, Flames 6

**Game Time 7:30pm**

MEDIA.jpg

TV:BSW

Radio: LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

G36P1.png

Check out articles on LA Kings Insider Here

Pheonix Copley (video), Kevin Fiala, Alex Iafallo, & Todd McLellan 12/20 Post Game Quotes

Click Here for Pheonix Copley Video Interview

Kevin Fiala on his goal in the third period
It was a great play by Adrian, first of all, and then I went basically on a breakaway but two guys came onto me. I just tried to make a play and thankfully it worked out.
Fiala on getting the win tonight and executing
I think it was just about sticking together. It was a little bit of a slow start tonight and we just kept going and going. Then, we found the back of the net and we never stopped, it was a good win.
Fiala on Pheonix Copley’s performance tonight and as of late
I think he’s huge, I don’t even have to explain it, he just saves it and he’s bringing it all. He makes big saves, he keeps us in the game and he’s done a great job. Just positive things to say.

Alex Iafallo on the team’s overall performance tonight
Yeah, that’s a big step forward, I feel like in every zone. We’re just trying to communicate and do our job and I feel like everybody did a great job tonight, up and down the whole lineup. Copper made some huge saves and just finding the system is good.
Iafallo on getting a goal in the final minute of the second and its impact on momentum
Oh it definitely helps to get momentum and talking in the room, getting in good spirits and stuff like that, staying positive. It’d be nice to score at the end of the period all the time.
Iafallo on reuniting with Danault and Moore and the play of their line
Yeah, it’s a lot of fun. We recover a lot of pucks by forechecking, all that stuff it helps push each shift forward. When you get a lot of chances like that and have control the puck, it’s good and it’s fun to play. It’s been good playing with them.

Todd McLellan on the team’s commitment to playing a certain style of hockey again tonight
We’re seeing more of it, we’re seeing more consistency, we’ve talked about that word. More commitment to checking and to preventing and it’s funny how it works sometimes. You get maybe more opportunities at the other end by doing that.
McLellan on the importance of the team’s prowess in the faceoff circle tonight
Really important. We looked at the numbers between periods and we liked what we saw. They obviously have those two lines that are pretty talented and if we can have the puck, they have to do a lot of work to get it back. I’m a big believer that if you don’t have possession in the first 10 or 15 seconds of your shift, you’re almost done. By the time you get it back, your energy level is low and it’s time to change, so that’s how important faceoffs are.
McLellan on Kevin Fiala’s highlight-reel goal
Strong. Vatrano had lost a stick and we were actually just talking about it, I wonder if the fact that he was sandwiched between a couple players allowed him to stay on his feet, but he is very strong and determined. It’s a skill that if you want to be a top scorer, you’ve got to have that and he’s got it right now, so good for him.
McLellan on the performance of the third line tonight
I thought they had a really good night tonight. Arthur probably could have had three goals himself if he beared down, but they checked well, they played with some pace. I thought that Viktor and Lizzo were on pucks a lot and that opened up ice for Arvy. Some good defensive plays, faceoff circle was good, they all play certain spots on special teams and they contributed there. I thought it was good, a better night tonight with them than it was on night one.
McLellan on where he feels the team is in the overall process
We want to get better every year. The team, the organization was at a different stage really year after year, significantly different over the past four or five seasons and this year is about taking a step forward and advancing. Are we there? We show some nights we certainly are, then we give it back a little bit. I think there are five or six teams that are consistently winning games right now and then there are some others that aren’t winning as many and then there’s a whole group of teams in the middle of the pack that are all trying to figure it out. We’d probably be in the middle, if you compare us to the rest of the league. We’re hoping for growth and getting better.

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject To Change

FORWARDS
G36KF.png

G36KD.png

G28KG.png

NO Kings Injuries

Flames Probable Lineup
courtesy of dailyfaceoff.com

FORWARDS
G36FF.png

G36FD.png

G36FG.png

G36FI.png

]Former Kings

Trevor Lewis
8473453.jpg

Milan Lucic
8473473.jpg

Tyler Toffoli
8475726.jpg

GOALIE STATS

G36GSK.png

G36GSF.png

PLAYER STATS

Click Here For More Stats & Rosters

G36PSK.png
G36PSF.png

PACIFIC DIVISION STANDINGS

G36-Standings.png

Tonight’s Poll Question:

since it’s a back-to-back, I’m doing easy-to-tally questions

Part 1 - How many goals will be scored by BOTH teams in the 1st period?

ONE GUESS ONLY

Part 2 - Who is going to score the FIRST goal of the game?
You can take 5 guesses
(they can even all be from the same team if you want)

Previous Game’s Winners

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed the goal differential in the previous game would be 3 goals:

Chateau Bow Wow
Dr. Tran
CIrvine
DRice
srm1105
Rusty
DRGinLBC
VegasHockey
sonnyboy11
randdog
AngelEyes
JayWells24
Shackleford
Helvetica
Nyssa42
Dirtweazle
JETS GARAGE
John a90
Bill Hicks
Busted Chops
notbob
hihocarp
hornman

Poll Win Totals

King Of The Mountain
with 28 points:

VegasHockey

26 Points

Kurisu
srm1105

25 Points

DRGinLBC

24 Points

Bill Hicks
LeftyKing

23 Points

Rusty

22 Points

beady eye
hornman
randdog
sonnyboy11

21 Points

John a90
Liz4LA

20 Points

AngelEyes
forum gold
Helvetica
SirJW

19 Points

18 Points

pray4mojo
RoS

17 Points

Clif
Drice

16 Points

15 Points

Chateau Bow Wow
empire
jammer 06
Nyssa42

14 Points

KHenry14
TooCool

13 Points

hihocarp

12 Points

Sevenhole

11 Points

dannybuoy1
JETS GARAGE

10 Points

Busted Chops
CIrvine
waynet

9 Points

Dr. Tran
kingsmen93
notbob

8 Points

kopinator
Rogie-Vachon

7 Points

Shackleford

6 Points

beedee
Byron

5 Points

kingrussell

4 Points

Dirtweazle

3 Points

HTK
JayWells24
salami
STONE

2 Points

05/29/93
Dexter
PuckMaster

1 Point

Rinkrat

***Get, Give, & Bet your karma in geogirl’s KARMA BETTING THREAD HERE***

G36-P2-Fiala.png

Last edited:
Part 1 - 3
Part 2 - Kempe, Moore, Danault, Fiala, Lindholm

Thank you Nyssa! Let’s go for 4 straight!!!

3 goals 1st period .
Kopitar , kempe ,moore ,toffoli ,Kadri

Thank you Nyssa!

Part 1: 3
Part 2: Kadri, Toffoli, Kempe, Vilardi, Kopitar

East coast for these games will be brutal, but tonight will be an absolute test. Calgary has been very good against the Pacific division so far this year and the Kings have not. Need to change that.

Part 1- 2 goals

Part 2-
Kempe
Kopitar
Danault
Toffoli
Kadri

GKG!!!

Thank you, Susan et al!

Hoping for a real statement win tonight vs. the Flames.

GKG!!!

In the last three games the Kings have tied against the best on the road which is great. They tied one of the worst at home which is so-so and won in regulation against one of the worst in the league. So now it's time to beat a decent team in regulation at home. If not, it was a fluke against a Boston team that played to the level of their competition.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back