| Los Angeles, CA

Previous Meetings

12/22/22 — Flames 3, Kings 4
11/14/22 — Kings 5, Flames 6

**Game Time 7:30pm**

MEDIA.jpg

TV:BSW

Radio: LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

G71P1.png

Check out articles on LA Kings Insider Here

Alex Edler (video), Jordan Spence, & Todd McLellan 3/18 Post Game Quotes

Watch Alex Edler’s Post Game Interview Here

Jordan Spence
 on the team’s defensive performance tonight
Yeah, I think we did pretty well, for 60 minutes I thought we were pretty solid, honestly. It was unfortunate that they scored on the power play, but besides that, I thought we did well on the defensive side. Obviously, we had a lot of chances and we’re got to bury those.
Spence
 on the play of his pairing with Alex Edler
I thought we had a pretty solid game. It was pretty cool seeing Eddie score that goal and for us, we just want to be a reliable d-pair. Today, I thought I thought we did pretty well. Obviously there are some things that we can do better, but overall I thought we were pretty solid.
Spence
 on the things he’s focused on, while out of the lineup, to stay game ready
You never know when you’re going to be in the lineup, so for me, I just want to be ready, get my foot speed going. Practice like you play, that’s a quote that goes a long way back to when I was a little kid. For me, I just want to work hard and when I get the chance I want to perform well on the ice.
Spence
 on jumping onto the power play, without a ton of familiarity with that group
Chemistry is really important, especially on the power play, but I think the unit that I was on, they were there with open arms and I was pretty comfortable with them, just because last year I played with them and got to experience a little bit on the second unit. Today, I thought we had some chances, we couldn’t bury them, but hopefully, next game we can.

Todd McLellan on if tonight was simply a hot goaltender, or if there were things the Kings didn’t do to win
I think first we have to tip our hat to him, he played a hell of a game. That’s the type of game that they needed, I think, as the night wore on. We had a ton of chances, the goaltender made a lot of saves and I don’t want to say we didn’t bear down, because we put a lot of effort in to try and score, it just didn’t go our way. They’re a lethal team on the power play, we gave them one chance and it was in our net, which is disappointing because I think we can handle that situation a little bit better. In any case, we lost the special teams situation, same thing as I said the other day against Nashville – power play, penalty kill, penalty shot and overtime.
McLellan on if he felt the team offered the same level of defensive performance as on the rest of the point streak
Absolutely. They’ve got some pretty dynamic players and I don’t know what we kept them to, six or seven shots after a couple of periods, and only 10 in the third. Defensively, we did the things we wanted to do. I think we’d like to have the first goal back, just the way we played it in the neutral zone, I think it hit Edler and changed direction a little bit. On the second one, like I said, we lost the special teams battle, I wasn’t impressed with our power play again.
McLellan on the team sticking to the process, despite not getting the offensive breakthrough
We weren’t whining on the bench because we were cheating for offense or anything, we got our offensive chances by doing it right. There are some things we can work on in the offensive zone a little bit but it wasn’t “pinch and no cover because we’re cheating”. The chances we got were well-executed chances and we were pretty solid in our end. Usually when a coach is saying that, he’s leaving quite pleased and the team has won but sometimes these things happen.
McLellan on the challenge of a game like this for Korpisalo to play in
I think it can be tough and that’s just the play part of it, there’s the whistles and the TV timeouts and you can be sitting there for quite a while. You’re watching the other end too and that goaltender is in it consistently, minute after minute, so it can be a tough thing, but that’s part of the makeup of a goaltender is to be able to stick with it in those situations. I thought Korpi was good and made some good saves when he had to.
McLellan on if the power play is missing Sean Durzi and Kevin Fiala right now
Well, there’s no doubt about it, they’re important pieces and they’re creative, they’re effective, they’re dynamic, both of them in their own way. Each of them belongs to a unit, so all of a sudden both units are affected and others are trying to fill in and they’re doing a good job. Right now it’s looking for something when we should just be playing it and we’ll fix it.
McLellan on Jordan Spence’s performance tonight, checking back into the lineup
It’s hard and it’s going to be hard for him because he’s going to be in and out right now, but when he gets a chance, he’s got to go. He made some really good plays. I think there was a series of one or two plays that he probably would like to handle the puck a little bit better, he turned one over in the third period that became very dangerous but I think the puck was rolling on him and made it difficult for him. He was fine.
McLellan on the team’s play in overtime
We didn’t do anything with it, but we had it right off the bat and we couldn’t establish any type of possession game with space, you need space once you get possession. I think we got it in and Kempe came up the boards, we almost ran into each other and turned it over, then that ate up a couple of minutes. I don’t know, there was probably only maybe three shots in all of overtime too, so it wasn’t one of those barnburners that go back and forth, it was ugly to say the least.

showimage.php

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject To Change

G71KF.png

G69KD.png

G64KG.png

Kings Injuries

Sean Durzi (D2D)
Kevin Fiala

Flames Probable Lineup
courtesy of dailyfaceoff.com

G71FF2.png

G71FD.png

G71FG.png

G71FI.png

]Former Kings

Trevor Lewis
8473453.jpg

Milan Lucic
8473473.jpg

Troy Stecher
8479442.jpg

Tyler Toffoli
8475726.jpg

Darryl Sutter (Head Coach)
G71-Sutter.png

Jason Labarbera (Goaltending Coach)
G71-Labarbera.png

GOALIE STATS

G71GSK.png

G71GSF.png

PLAYER STATS

Click Here For More Stats & Rosters

2023-G71-Flames-Home-Player-Stats.png

G71P2.png

WESTERN CONFERENCE STANDINGS

G71-WConf-Standings.png

Tonight’s Poll Question:

Part 1 - Both of our previous meetings with the Flames have resulted in a 1-goal differential. What will be the GOAL DIFFERENTIAL in tonight’s game?
(doesn’t matter which team wins or loses, just the number)
You can only take ONE guess

Part 2 - Who is going to score the LAST GOAL of the game? - doesn’t matter if it’s the game-winner, just the last goal before the Kings’ 4-day break.
You can take up to 8 guesses - split them up however you like, but you can’t choose more than 6 from one team (so, at least 2 have to be from the other team if you choose 8 players)

Previous Game’s Winners

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed the final score would, of course, be 3-2:

Kurisu
Rogie-Vachon
SirJW
Chateau Bow Wow
beady eye
forum gold
randdog
Rusty
DRice
srm1105
jammer06
VegasHockey
Shackleford
waynet
John a90
AngelEyes
Liz4LA
Nyssa42

Poll Win Totals

King Of The Mountain
with 56 points:

VegasHockey

52 Points

srm1105

51 Points

50 Points

Kurisu
Rusty

49 Points

LeftyKing

48 Points

sonnyboy11

47 Points

AngelEyes

46 Points

DRice
hornman

45 Points

44 Points

Bill Hicks
John a90

43 Points

randdog

42 Points

forum gold
pray4mojo

41 Points

beady eye

40 Points

Chateau Bow Wow
DRGinLBC

39 Points

Helvetica
jammer 06
SirJW

38 Points

CIrvine
Liz4LA
TooCool

37 Points

36 Points

35 Points

34 Points

33 Points

Nyssa42

32 Points

31 Points

30 Points

hihocarp
Rogie-Vachon

29 Points

dannybuoy1
JETS GARAGE
notbob

28 Points

empire

27 Points

26 Points

Clif

25 Points

KHenry14

24 Points

JayWells24

23 Points

kingsmen93
Sevenhole

22 Points

21 Points

kingrussell

20 Points

waynet

19 Points

Dr. Tran
Shackleford

18 Points

RoS

17 Points

Byron

16 Points

Cross Traffic

15 Points

14 Points

13 Points

12 Points

11 Points

Busted Chops

10 Points

kopinator

9 Points

Dirtweazle

8 Points

beedee

7 Points

6 Points

5 Points

Dexter

4 Points

3 Points

HTK
salami
STONE

2 Points

05/29/93
jneol67
KingzLA
PuckMaster
SaltyPuck

1 Point

cokingsfan
HiFi
Ice24
Joe Laviguer
mugs
puckoff
RagBone
Rinkrat
twistedwrister

***Get, Give, & Bet your karma in geogirl’s KARMA BETTING THREAD HERE***

Last edited:
Part 1: 1 goal
Part 2: Backlund, Dube, Kempe, Vilardi, Kopitar, Arvidsson, Lizotte, Anderson

Go Kings!!

Two goal difference.

Kempe.
Lizotte.
Kopitar.
Iafallo.

Coleman.
Backlund.

3 goal difference

Kopitar
Kempe
Arvidsson
Iafallo
Toffoli
Lindholm
Kadri
Backlund

Thank you Nyssa,

1 goal difference

Kempe
Byfield
Kopitar
Moore
Vilardi
Arviddson
Huberdeau
Toffoli

2 goal diff.

Kopi
Kempe
Moore
Vilardi
Lizotte

Mangiapane
Toffoli
Kadri

2 goals

Doughty
Byfield
Arvidsson
Kupari
Kempe
Moore
Huberdeau
Backlund

2 goal difference

Arvidsson
Kempe
Moore
Kopitar

Kadri
Backlund

2 goals

Kempe, Kopi, Arvidsson, Moore, Danault

Huberdeau, Coleman, Toffoli

Kempe, Vilardi, Kopitar, Arvidsson, Lizotte, Anderson

GO KINGS

1 goal diff

Kopitar
Kempe
Danault
Villardi
Arvidsson
Iafallo

Toffoli
Lewis

GO KINGS GO!!!

cut.jpg

1 goal differential

Kempe
Kopitar
Ardvidsson
Moore
Toffoli
Kadri
Mangiapane
Hubredeau

GKG!!!

3 goal diff

Kopi
Arvidsson
Moore
Vilardi
Lizotte
Backland
Toffoli
Coleman

If none of these are right, then the one did is my pick.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back