[Confirmed] Kings Trade 2022 1st-Round Pick + Brock Faber for Pending RFA Kevin Fiala

7 year extension, $7.9M per year.

Faber will likely be very good but the glut of D men made him expendable for this return.

7 year extension, $7.9M per year.

Faber will likely be very good but the glut of D men made him expendable for this return.

I actually think his decision to stay at Minnesota for an additional year factored into the Kings' willingness to move him as well.

I will say the first and Faber is a totally appropriate price to pay if Blake is sold on Fiala being the guy. Kinda hurts since we all know Faber going to be a stud but this is what you do when you have assets.

Can’t help myself, I love it!! 25 years old, 33 goals and 85 points last season!

Yes, Faber can develope into a really good player but we have A LOT of prospects. Fiala already is a very good player and that is what we need right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually think his decision to stay at Minnesota for an additional year factored into the Kings' willingness to move him as well.

Me too. I don't like trading Faber because he seemed to be a trajectory of becoming a quality NHL player, but not signing him this spring scared me that we could have lost him for nothing.

Minnesota is in cap hell with the recapture penalties on Suter and Parise. $12.75 million this year, then $14.75 million the two years thereafter. There was no way they could re-sign Fiala. They get a first rounder and a Top 4 d-man who will be playing with them in one year if not sooner. A deal that makes sense for them.

I will say the first and Faber is a totally appropriate price to pay if Blake is sold on Fiala being the guy. Kinda hurts since we all know Faber going to be a stud but this is what you do when you have assets.

Rosen, for what it's worth, shared this today:

"Impression internally on Faber was mixed. A fine prospect, obvs, but I?d heard a few lukewarm assessments of his play in the first half of ?21-22."

200w.gif

7 years at 7.9....... Well kopi finally got that first line left wing?
fx-atlanta.gif

I mentioned it on the off-season thread that Fiala fits perfectly with how the kings play and boom Blake listened lol

This is robbery for Fiala! Master stroke by Blake.

1st rounder won't make an impact (if any) for 3-4 years and Faber looks steady but low ceiling and it was looking like we might actually lose him!

Amazing deal. A+.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rosen, for what it's worth, shared this today:

"Impression internally on Faber was mixed. A fine prospect, obvs, but I’d heard a few lukewarm assessments of his play in the first half of ‘21-22."

they had similar comments about Cernak.

Great move from Blake.

Makes Iafallo expendable.

Forsberg would have cost far more.

Back