Filipino Heritage Night

Previous Meetings

01/03/23 - Stars 2, Kings 3
11/01/22 - Kings 2, Stars 5

**Game Time 7:30pm**

MEDIA.jpg

TV:BSW

Radio: LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

Check out articles on LA Kings Insider Here

Adrian Kempe & Todd McLellan 1/14 Post Game Quotes

Adrian Kempe on the disappointments in tonight’s defeat
It was disappointing in a different way, I don’t think it was disappointing that we didn’t show up tonight and play good enough, I think it was disappointing that we didn’t score on our chances. I think the power play was good, we didn’t get enough 5-on-5, I guess, and that’s a different type of frustration tonight.
Kempe on the difficulty of getting scored on right after tying the game
A little bit, I think sometimes it’s felt like all season we’ve been pretty good at responding, even when we give up a goal. We scored two on the power play tonight, so that was good for the confidence and obviously it’s a little frustrating when they score right after. It was a lucky bounce and we’ve got to learn from that and keep going.
Kempe on what he feels is clicking right now with his power-play unit
We’re moving the puck well, I think, the breakout’s been good, everybody’s playing, it doesn’t matter where they end up. I think we’re moving and shooting a lot more and I think when we prescout teams, we take the information and do it in the games. Tonight, I think we did a good job, we could have had another one too. It’s something we can build on.

Todd McLellan on his overall assessment of tonight’s game
I didn’t think we got enough from everybody in the lineup tonight. Some of it, the fourth line didn’t get to play a lot, just the way the game rolled out, but I thought Phil Danault’s line didn’t have their best night. Arvy was coming off being sick, they didn’t have a lot of pop in their legs, usually they’re controlling play and you end up a little bit short in those situations. For Phil’s line, how many times have they played well and carried everybody else, so on nights when you when you don’t have a couple of guys, others have to pick it up. We had three breakaways, JAD had a breakaway, Kevin had a breakaway and got pulled down and we had a penalty shot, one of them’s got to go in. So, the offensive part of the game has to be there as well as the defensive part.
McLellan on the play of Jonathan Quick tonight and if there is concern
Well, I think we have to look at goals that were scored, we took a bad penalty on the first one, then a bad pinch, no cover 2-on-1 on the second one. Third one, I’m sure he’d like to have back, the fourth one we kicked into our own net, so I don’t know how much of it you can put on the goaltender. At the other end of the rink, our power play was effective, some of our best chances we didn’t make their goaltender work. We were a little too cute, maybe with a shot, high, wide, especially in the first and second periods.
McLellan on if there were sustained stretches tonight he liked
I liked the first period, I thought the first period was really good. I liked basically all of our power plays, I liked most of our penalty kill. I thought the third period, they showed why they’re the team they are right now, they were able to get the lead and clamp it down. We had a tough time coming through the neutral zone, but I think that’s what it feels like when we have the lead. Good teams do that and they did it.
McLellan on if he felt the third goal against was a deflator, coming shortly after Kopitar’s goal
Yeah, we had a spell there where we were giving stuff up real quick and we cleaned that up significantly, in my opinion. 82 games, there’s going to be nights where it comes back to haunt you and tonight was one of them.
McLellan on Quick managing a different workload than perhaps he’s used to
Careers begin a certain way and then they evolve as you go. Jonathan is a really important part of our team, he’s a hell of a goaltender, he’s a competitive individual that means a lot to our group. He makes us better in practice, he makes us better in a game and when Copper’s playing the way he is, he’s going to get the majority of the starts, he’s hot right now. We’re going to continue to run him and Quickie has to be able to adjust to that. He will, he can and he’ll be just fine.
McLellan on the organization being beyond moral victories from a game like this
We’re past the moral victories. If that still exists in and around here, we’ve done something sorely wrong and that includes individuals. I don’t care if you’re young and just drafted or if you’re an old player that’s well established, moral victories don’t do us any good anymore. That was two or three years ago. We’re now here to play to win and when we don’t win, we’re not happy.

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject To Change

G47KF.png

G47KD.png

G47KG.png

Kings Injuries

Carl Grundstrom
Arthur Kaliyev (IR)
Trevor Moore (IR)
Gabriel Vilardi (D2D)

Stars Probable Lineup
courtesy of dailyfaceoff.com

G47SF.png

G47SD.png

G47SG.png

G47SI.png

Former King

Colin Miller (draft pick)
8476525.jpg

GOALIE STATS

G47GSK.png

G47GSS.png

PLAYER STATS

Click Here For More Stats & Rosters

G47PSK.png
G47PSS.png

PACIFIC DIVISION STANDINGS

G47-Standings.png

Tonight’s Poll Question:

Just one question for tonight - How many total points will be scored by all players who have played at least 850 NHL games?

You can take 3 guesses

Benn (993), Pavelski (1213), Seguin (870), Suter (1325)
Kopitar (1256), Doughty (1059), Edler (1006) (and, wow…Quickie is at 736!)

Previous Game’s Winners

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed that Tatar would score the first goal, and to CIrvine who was the only poster to get 3 points for guessing the GWG would be scored within +/- 1min of 7:40 of the 2nd period AND guessing Tatar!

7:10-8:10 (2 points):

CIrvine

Tatar (1 point):
Kurisu
VegasHockey
pray4mojo
AngelEyes
SirJW
forum gold
Shackelford
sonnyboy11
srm1105
CIrvine
John a90
dannybuoy1
waynet

Poll Win Totals

King Of The Mountain
with 37 points:

VegasHockey

32 Points

Kurisu
Rusty

31 Points

LeftyKing

30 Points

Bill Hicks
randdog

29 Points

sonnyboy11
srm1105

28 Points

beady eye
DRGinLBC
hornman
John a90

27 Points

Liz4LA
SirJW

26 Points

DRice
pray4mojo

25 Points

AngelEyes
forum gold
Helvetica

24 Points

Clif

23 Points

22 Points

Nyssa42
TooCool

21 Points

20 Points

Chateau Bow Wow
CIrvine

19 Points

empire
jammer 06

18 Points

hihocarp
RoS

17 Points

Sevenhole

16 Points

JETS GARAGE

15 Points

Dr. Tran
KHenry14
Rogie-Vachon

14 Points

dannybuoy1
waynet

13 Points

notbob

12 Points

11 Points

kingsmen93
Shackleford

10 Points

Busted Chops
kingrussell

9 Points

Dirtweazle
kopinator

8 Points

Byron

7 Points

6 Points

beedee
JayWells24

5 Points

4 Points

3 Points

Cross Traffic
Dexter
HTK
salami
STONE

2 Points

05/29/93
PuckMaster

1 Point

RagBone
Rinkrat

***Get, Give, & Bet your karma in geogirl’s KARMA BETTING THREAD HERE***

Last edited:
Yo!! First!

THREE or FOUR or FIVE Points by the geezers...

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Nyssa!
2,3,4 points for the experienced players

Wonder if the kings will remember how to hockey

Thank you, Susan et al!

Kings' fortunes have fared well during this 2 games in 9 day stretch as Seattle and Calgary have been losing while Edmonton has been treading water. Need a Kings win tonight to solidify their position.

GKG!!!

Rooting for the Bolts and the Devils tonight too. That would move the Kings 5 points ahead of the Oilers and 2 points ahead of the Kraken if they beat the Stars.

Of course, the Kraken still have 2 games in hand. But both Edmonton and Calgary have finally caught up to the Kings in games played. This division race is gonna be a tight one among the top 4 teams.

GKG!!!

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back