Doughty out for season

Was hard to believe he’d make it back when he stopped practicing recently. Too bad. Of all the veterans who demanded to win now, I felt he was the one who truly made an effort to get in better shape and give his all. Would be nice to make the playoffs, but hard to believe we can do anything significant without him.

It's been rather remarkable that we were competitive for so long without him in the lineup, not to mention all the other players that have missed time. Had he not been down (twice), we'd be in a secured playoff position right now.

I'm guessing that this news is not a surprise to his teammates.

It's been rather remarkable that we were competitive for so long without him in the lineup, not to mention all the other players that have missed time. Had he not been down (twice), we'd be in a secured playoff position right now.

I'm guessing that this news is not a surprise to his teammates.

The silver lining is the experience gained by the younger players who were forced into becoming everyday players in the NHL. I feel pretty positive about next year.

The silver lining is the experience gained by the younger players who were forced into becoming everyday players in the NHL. I feel pretty positive about next year.

I do too. I still would love to see them get in the playoffs even if it is a first round bounce to get the experience playing at an even higher level.

I do too. I still would love to see them get in the playoffs even if it is a first round bounce to get the experience playing at an even higher level.

Vegas is getting healthier. Kings are not getting Doughty or Mikey A. back. Looks like Toby, Durzi and Spence have hit a wall. Trying to keep hope alive but also maintaining realistic expectations.

Good thing he didn't have surgery when he first went out or he might be ready for the playoffs. Blake sat on his behind during the trade deadline when he knew about the injury situation but hoped things would work out. Lack of leadership and judgement on his part. We could have picked up a veteran d man

Good thing he didn't have surgery when he first went out or he might be ready for the playoffs. Blake sat on his behind during the trade deadline when he knew about the injury situation but hoped things would work out. Lack of leadership and judgement on his part. We could have picked up a veteran d man

Nope. Knew there was no point making big pick ups because a long playoff run was unlikely without their number one defenseman. It was the right call. Explain how you could have replaced a franchise D-man at the deadline without hurting the team long-term.

Nope. Knew there was no point making big pick ups because a long playoff run was unlikely without their number one defenseman. It was the right call. Explain how you could have replaced a franchise D-man at the deadline without hurting the team long-term.

Sorry I didn't say replace him but get a good veteran d man or 2 would no9t have taken much more than a couple of 2nd 3rd or 4th round picks in the future. The rookies would be safe. Since we are supposed to be all about the playoffs this year it would have helped. Remember Blake said he didn't because we're going to have everybody back and that was not true. How long is this rebuilding program supposed to take 10 years.

This team earlier in the year looked like a tough matchup for anyone in the playoffs, now they'll be lucky just to make it in, and I'd they do, it'll be overachiever to move on the the second round. I hope they make it in...I need me some Kings playoff hockey, even if that means very late nights on the East Coast. Silver lining, next season with a healthy lineup, should be a fun season.

I get that they waited to try a rehab before settling on the surgery. If surgery can be avoided it's always better, but I wonder why they sat on the news much past the trade deadline. I mean it's not like anyone would be able to do anything with the idea that Doughty wouldn't be back this season. Unless there was a very faint hope that rehabbing would somehow keep him eligible for the playoffs. Or the idea he might be able to rehab it enough to play and still need the surgery?

Still I hope it's a success and we see the same level of Doughty that we saw this year. Truly forget how spoiled we are when he's on his game.

Vegas is getting healthier. Kings are not getting Doughty or Mikey A. back. Looks like Toby, Durzi and Spence have hit a wall. Trying to keep hope alive but also maintaining realistic expectations.

Yea, maybe I’m pessimistic but their record in their last 7 games makes me think I’m a realist. I think they realistically fight for the last wild card spot. Say they make it and play the avalanche and the avalanche win the cup; the kids get to see first hand what a cup winner looks like.

I'm trying to decide which is better (or worse): missing the playoffs now, or making it in, only to get swept in the first round.

I get that they waited to try a rehab before settling on the surgery. If surgery can be avoided it's always better, but I wonder why they sat on the news much past the trade deadline. I mean it's not like anyone would be able to do anything with the idea that Doughty wouldn't be back this season. Unless there was a very faint hope that rehabbing would somehow keep him eligible for the playoffs. Or the idea he might be able to rehab it enough to play and still need the surgery?

Still I hope it's a success and we see the same level of Doughty that we saw this year. Truly forget how spoiled we are when he's on his game.

I see what you're saying, but on the other hand, no one was owed any explanation. In the current environment, teams like to keep injury news as close to the vest as possible.

I wouldn't be surprised if was Drew who lobbied hardest the rehab route first. He's so competitive and he was having such a good season.

I see what you're saying, but on the other hand, no one was owed any explanation. In the current environment, teams like to keep injury news as close to the vest as possible.

Really they don't owe the fans an explanation. How about telling the fans the news. It is still not on insider or the website

Drew has six months to rehab his wrist so that should be plenty of time for him to be on the ice at the start of next season. All is good.

Yea I knew he would be out for the season due to him be off the line up for over two weeks.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back