Durzi traded to Arizona for Montreal's 2024 2nd-round pick

3F3369A8-E779-4B39-8413-6051A61B8AF0.jpeg

Clearing space for a stupid deal I presume. Blake continues to go all-in on a roster which has been eliminated in the first round twice.

I don't get these trades for just a bag of pucks and a pick. Is this really the way the NHL wants cap space to work?

I don't get these trades for just a bag of pucks and a pick. Is this really the way the NHL wants cap space to work?
They cannot raise the cap really until the players debt is paid from the Covid year. Shouldn't really expect much until then.

Really happy about this trade. I don't think it is done so much to clear cap space, but instead to clear a roster spot. The actual cap savings if Spence replaces him is $880,000.

We still have Drew, Roy, Clarke and Spence on the right side.

This should end up being a fairly high second round pick. Value seems fair. Loved Durzi's attitude, but he is a defensive liability and his advanced stats in the playoffs were atrocious.

It's a perfectly fine deal. 3 picks in the first 2 rounds next year will be nice.

Opens some space for this year, both cap wise and for Spence / Clarke.

The real bonus is money saved next season. Durzi NEVER would have resigned as a UFA as he'll easily get a 4 / 4.5 million dollar multi year deal from someone. Kings couldn't afford it, nor is he worth that salary.

Simple move. The next domino is the big one.

No Edler, No Walker, No Durzi. We bring Clarke and Spence and have a chance for a Top 50 player in the draft. That is a brilliant upgrade.

I get why they traded him. They’re clearing cap space & a roster spot for either Clarke or Spence. But that’s it? A 2nd round pick?

I get why they traded him. They’re clearing cap space & a roster spot for either Clarke or Spence. But that’s it? A 2nd round pick?

It just goes to show that he's not really worth as much as we think he's worth. His contract technically isn't too bad at 1.7 mil (2 mil cap hit), but it's time to finally get Spence and Clarke in the lineup full time.

His defensive shortcomings have been well-chronicled and are apparent to everyone on this board. Would his problems in his own end not be equally apparent to the GMs around the league? Blake did well on this trade any way you look at it.

I’m not sold on Spence as many are on LGK. The Kings defense is one of the weakest in the league and until that changes, first round exits will happen. Besides Roy, who will lay the body? Can’t expect Doughty to do so at his age. Gavrikov is a position player. Clarke will break in half. Spence will get crushed by the forwards of Vegas. Unless Blake has another move up his sleeve nothing has changed but cap space with this move. Durzi will do well in Phoenix as they are building a solid team.

I’m not sold on Spence as many are on LGK. The Kings defense is one of the weakest in the league and until that changes, first round exits will happen. Besides Roy, who will lay the body? Can’t expect Doughty to do so at his age. Gavrikov is a position player. Clarke will break in half. Spence will get crushed by the forwards of Vegas. Unless Blake has another move up his sleeve nothing has changed but cap space with this move. Durzi will do well in Phoenix as they are building a solid team.

They are??? Maybe they'll be ready to compete in the '30s or '40s, but not any time soon.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back