Dustin Brown Night February 11, 2023

J

JETS GARAGE

Lurker
Looking forward to a great night for Brownie on 2-11-23 with a statue unveiling, jersey retirement, and also a hockey game between the Kings and the Penguins.

What are some of your favorite memories of Dustin Brown?

Number 1 for me is lifting the cup for the first time.

This was a good one too lol.

DbOx.gif

Besides the obvious one (that everyone will agree with) on him being the 1st King to lift the Cup for the 1st time... I think of these immediately about Dustin Brown.

#1 During the very lean years of Play Hard or whatever... "Whammy!"

#2 Gotta have this Derp. That's how he got his nickname after all right?

#3 The best Kings hit in the history of hits. Suck it Henrik!!!

Not the most important to Dustin, or even myself, but ones that stick out besides the obvious:

The Hatty against the Hawks in 11-12 in Carters first game
Kings Vs. Blackhawks Final Score: Dustin Brown Pulls Off Hat Trick As Los Angeles Wins, 4-0

The Crazy ass flip pass goal against the sharks

And of course the waterbottle, which if Luc had any balls would be statue unveiled so we could all have a laugh.

That Blackhawks game in 2012 was a turning point in the Kings season (and we all know where it ended up). Right before the deadline in 2012, there were rumors Brown was going to be traded. Either Lombardi or Lieweke (I think the latter) personally told Brown he wasn't going anywhere, and he responded with a hat trick against the Blackhawks that night. As for the crazy flip goal, kudos to the Sharks announcers (Randy Hahn and Drew Remenda (sp?) for a genuinely unbiased and complimentary call of that play.

Will Jeff Carter pose with Brownie, Doughty, Quickie and Kopi for the group photo?

Last edited:
I wanted to go - tickets from SC to LA a bit much.

too many moments with Brown. Seeing him lift the cup in person was probably the most fulfilling moment of my life.

I will be there... first Kings game in over a year. As important as the rest of the core was, Brown defined the era. Through the ups and downs, I'm so glad he spent his entire career with the Kings.

Insider is doing a nice 10 day thing on Brown. Watching the Rosival hit again was fun. So many emotions from that time and that game. Shane Doan is definitely a guy I'll enjoy having a poor opinion of forever.

It's going to be a great night. Really looking forward to being there. Rumor is that the statue will be near Bob Miller's.

Really stoked to be going to this game. Not only to see Brownie get the honors he deserves, but it will be over 3 weeks since we had live hockey here in LA! Gonna be awesome. As for Brown memories, already been covered. That crushing hit on Sedin... BAM! What a leveling that was.

Not the most important to Dustin, or even myself, but ones that stick out besides the obvious:

The Hatty against the Hawks in 11-12 in Carters first game
Kings Vs. Blackhawks Final Score: Dustin Brown Pulls Off Hat Trick As Los Angeles Wins, 4-0

The Crazy ass flip pass goal against the sharks

And of course the waterbottle, which if Luc had any balls would be statue unveiled so we could all have a laugh.

OH YEAH!! I was at that game. Goal was right in front of me. Freakin' Amazing

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back