Elliotte Friedman: Chychrun May Be Available

HeadInjury

2 Late to Change My Name
"6. Arizona GM Bill Armstrong refused to comment when asked, but it now sounds like the Coyotes are gauging the market on Jakob Chychrun. I?ve heard the ask is massive, but that doesn?t mean opponents are running away. He?s signed for three more years at a very reasonable $4.6 million AAV and is a terrific player. This is one to watch."

His +/- this season is simply horrid, on a pace for -90, and that can't be explained simply because he is on Arizona. It sticks out like a sore thumb compared to his teammates. Still, his talent is real and it seems worth the gamble.

2022 First, 2023 Second, Kupari, Vilardi and Maattaa (needs to be included for cap reasons, although I suppose we could move Walker and Edler to LTIR). Is it enough?

Jakob Chychrun FOR 2022 First, 2023 Second, Kupari, Vilardi and Maattaa??

Toss in Bailey's Sun Glasses....then PULL THAT TRIGGER

I love reading these pie-in-the-sky trade proposals. Very entertaining. Kings trade coal, get back a diamond...

this would be a solid add if we could land him. Im sure there will be many teams competing for him though. Gonna cost a lot.

that aint happening, and i think the Kings have enough assets that it doesn't need to. Nobody else is going to offer a Byfield-like prospect.

Agree. Question will be what does Blake do if a trade requires Turcotte or Clarke. As to Clarke, we do have a lot of depth on the right side.

Agree. Question will be what does Blake do if a trade requires Turcotte or Clarke. As to Clarke, we do have a lot of depth on the right side.
I would do Turcotte but not Clarke. Defensive prospects are an area of weakness as is, so trading away the best defensive prospect the Kings have makes little sense.

that aint happening, and i think the Kings have enough assets that it doesn't need to. Nobody else is going to offer a Byfield-like prospect.

Exactly. Just saying that the Coyotes will ask for far more than Kupari (NHL) and/or Vilardi (AHL) plus draft picks. Of course, they will start with Byfield to begin the negotiation. And I believe Clarke would have to be included.

Exactly. Just saying that the Coyotes will ask for far more than Kupari (NHL) and/or Vilardi (AHL) plus draft picks. Of course, they will start with Byfield to begin the negotiation. And I believe Clarke would have to be included.

If Clarke is included, we would still have Doughty, Roy and Walker signed to multi-year contracts, plus Durzi and Faber, who is quite promising.

if we could get a deal done sooner rather than later, as when off season opens up it will be a even bigger bidding war ..

If Clarke is included, we would still have Doughty, Roy and Walker signed to multi-year contracts, plus Durzi and Faber, who is quite promising.
I'm looking at 3-7 years down the road. Doughty is old and will be down the lineup in a couple of years. Roy and Walker are place holders who shouldn't be within shouting distance of a first pairing on a solid NHL team - they're both 4-7 D men. Durzi looks pretty decent so far, but still needs a lot of work defensively and his offensive game has dropped off some as well. Faber is promising, but not an offensive defenseman at all. If everything goes right, he may end up a first-pairing defenseman who is paired with another who has some offensive pop - like Clarke. Clarke's upside is as Doughty's successor - a team's No. 1, offensive-minded defenseman. The Kings have no one else like that.

Clarke for Chycrun would be the basis of the trade, and it would be a sensible hockey trade. Kings get the more known commodity and Phx, will get the extra qty whatever that is. I'm not totally sold on Chrycrun as an arrived player but I agree swinging for that fence makes a heck of a lot of sense.

I'm looking at 3-7 years down the road. Doughty is old and will be down the lineup in a couple of years. Roy and Walker are place holders who shouldn't be within shouting distance of a first pairing on a solid NHL team - they're both 4-7 D men. Durzi looks pretty decent so far, but still needs a lot of work defensively and his offensive game has dropped off some as well. Faber is promising, but not an offensive defenseman at all. If everything goes right, he may end up a first-pairing defenseman who is paired with another who has some offensive pop - like Clarke. Clarke's upside is as Doughty's successor - a team's No. 1, offensive-minded defenseman. The Kings have no one else like that.

Faber has incredible offensive vision. I'd say he's going to be a remarkable transition Dman for someone. I agree though that he doesn't present that talent that drew has and we hope Clarke will display. I wouldn't sleep on him is all I'm saying. He would be a Durzi like surprise though in terms of probabilities.

I would suggest that Byfield and Clarke are completely off the table. Vilardi's value is low, but id certainly part with him. Something around 1st, Turcotte, and? Bjornfot?

This situation doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Presumably coyotes are either looking to completely reset everything, and/or shed all salary they can because they are completely ****ed. Chychrun isn't old, so i dont see AZ wanting anything but prospects/picks here, or else why are you even trading this guy?

Clarke for Chycrun would be the basis of the trade, and it would be a sensible hockey trade. Kings get the more known commodity and Phx, will get the extra qty whatever that is. I'm not totally sold on Chrycrun as an arrived player but I agree swinging for that fence makes a heck of a lot of sense.

I would suggest that Byfield and Clarke are completely off the table. Vilardi's value is low, but id certainly part with him. Something around 1st, Turcotte, and? Bjornfot?

This situation doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. Presumably coyotes are either looking to completely reset everything, and/or shed all salary they can because they are completely ****ed. Chychrun isn't old, so i dont see AZ wanting anything but prospects/picks here, or else why are you even trading this guy?

Bjornfot, plus, plus, was my first thought too. But then I remembered Clarke... I agree with jammer.

And I would hate to lose Toby right now.

Faber has incredible offensive vision. I'd say he's going to be a remarkable transition Dman for someone. I agree though that he doesn't present that talent that drew has and we hope Clarke will display. I wouldn't sleep on him is all I'm saying. He would be a Durzi like surprise though in terms of probabilities.
I think he's going to be a solid NHL player, possibly top pairing even and he's got good vision and passing skills. But he's not going to be a PP quarterback or a guy who puts up a ton of points. Really looking forward to watching him in the WJ.

Bjornfot, plus, plus, was my first thought too. But then I remembered Clarke... I agree with jammer.

And I would hate to lose Toby right now.
I can't imagine a deal which would not involve someone we'd hate to lose. Something like Bjornfot/Anderson (assuming they even want an NHL player back, otherwise possibly Faber), a 1st, Turcotte/Kaliyev.

I would make everybody except for Byfield and Clarke available. Kid is too good a player to pass up

page_1.jpg

Looks like he's already a fan of wearing purple. Advantage: Kings.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back