If Quick wins the Cup...

fiveholio

F'ing Peter Merkin!
Can we trade for him before June 30 so he can retire a King without a cap hit next season? You'd have to think he's going to seriously consider retirement if he goes out on top.

A-mart was on NHL Channel after the game and sounded pretty bitter how Quick was treated.

I didn't hear that one, but neither were stoked about it at the time it happened. I'm still sort of upset. Seeing AMart and 32 raise it tho was good feels. At least we got Gavrikov to sign so it's not a total wash. Awesome gesture by AMart. He clearly went out of his way to make Quick feel welcome there, Quick got that cup pretty early. I love his little "waggle" at the end like "whoooo wants it?" lol. Glad he could end the season with a celebration.

Will Quick get his name on the Cup?

I was wondering the same thing. I had a feeling VGK was gonna win it pretty early and looked it up. I think I read that he won't unless he played half regular season (obv not) or at least a full playoff game? I have no idea if he played in POs. I think dressing as backup counts, so.. yes?

Last edited:
Reactions: RoS
wrong jersey's and everything but.. still,

and i'll be damned if amart's not one of my favorite former kings. hockey's poetic. VGK HFboards cup winning game thread is 6 pages - lol. Funny lil fan base.

Attachments

• gettyimages-1498298419-2048x2048.jpg
    gettyimages-1498298419-2048x2048.jpg
    404.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
Atta Boy Quick and Marty. Didn't care too much about amadio or McNabb lol.

Can we trade for him before June 30 so he can retire a King without a cap hit next season? You'd have to think he's going to seriously consider retirement if he goes out on top.
I hope they ask to do it and Quick says no. I'm still bitter about it. And while he will always be a King, I wouldn't give Blake the satisfaction of making everything look fine between them. Guy gave everything to the franchise and in the end, when he didn't have it anymore, yes I get we couldn't play him out of sentiment, but don't tell me it couldn't have been handled better. I've been pro-Blake for a while, but nothing anyone can say is going to make me think that the way he was treated (not the being traded part - how he was told, where he was sent etc.) couldn't have been handled much better.

I also think the goalie we got was a dud when it mattered, BUT I can at least say that I understood targeting that particular goalie, so hard for me to crap on that decision.

Talk about right in the feels, that cant be the tiny little girl that choked on an m&m in the post game presser...
Wow. Yea who kicked up all this dust in here?? So happy for him and Amart.

Talk about right in the feels, that cant be the tiny little girl that choked on an m&m in the post game presser...

I thought the same when I saw that picture. Made me realize just how long ago those cup runs were.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back