Kempe, RFA

Play GMRB

• Total voters

aaron

RANGZ
TEAM LGK
Kings have over $13m falling off the books between UFA and Carter (adding in Petersen's raise), with Kempe . . . due for significant raises.
Is this the commonly held belief?

At $2M he's a cheap wing who can score 15-15-30, with good possession metrics. At age 25, he's probably reached full potential.
To me, he's trade bait.
If re-signed, I'm not going over 2 years, $3M/per.

I'm not in the Kempe business long term.

Is this the commonly held belief?

At $2M he's a cheap wing who can score 15-15-30, with good possession metrics. At age 25, he's probably reached full potential.
To me, he's trade bait.
If re-signed, I'm not going over 2 years, $3M/per.

I'm not in the Kempe business long term.

I went with Qualifying Offer or Similar. Not quite ready to give up on him, despite his inconsistency. Frustrating as he is, Kempe is the least of our problems.

I'm with RoR...Qualifying offer is best in my opinion. If he was a better finisher, and if he would stop taking inane penalties, I'd be in the keep camp, but with his flaws, it's QO or trade in my book. Of course, trade depends on return.

you guys are unbelievable. We finally look like we're going to have that 30g scorer and you're ready to send him packing for picks. Like, no need to park the brinks truck at his house, but lock him up and be done with it.

you guys are unbelievable. We finally look like we're going to have that 30g scorer and you're ready to send him packing for picks. Like, no need to park the brinks truck at his house, but lock him up and be done with it.

UQef7JpJG5xgmJTfqPsM7h.gif

mad-max-mediocre.gif

Considering that he is ARB eligible, I went with trade at deadline since I think the Kings will be nowhere near the playoffs. Kempe is going to rightfully want more than his QO. If he goes to ARB, he will probably get it too.

We have plenty of kids who should be able to provide what Kempe does coming up soon, and we need to make space for them too. It never hurts to have an abundance of potential talent in the wings, as long as we get around to doing something with that potential talent.

Kempe in my mind is the perfect bridge player deal. There is no point to locking him in to any guarantees. He's absolutely the kind of player whose security is 1-2 years max until he's UFA eligible and then if some wants to be stupid :

BYE_FELICIA.jpg

Bridge deal is not one of the listed options. But that is what will happen. TM is a Kempe believer - as are his teammates.

I'm with RoR...Qualifying offer is best in my opinion. If he was a better finisher, and if he would stop taking inane penalties, I'd be in the keep camp, but with his flaws, it's QO or trade in my book. Of course, trade depends on return.

No doubt.

I mean if a Josi or Pietrangelo or Hedman or Ekblad or some other elite defensemen were on the table, I'd jump at the offer...but barring that it would have to be quite a package. I DO NOT want to trade Kempe for a bunch of draft picks.

Bridge deal is not one of the listed options. But that is what will happen. TM is a Kempe believer - as are his teammates.

Tiniest hill willing to die on: Kempe, meh.

I'm waiting before i'll call for Kempe to be dealt. If he continues his good play I'll want to keep him. But if he does another of his classic disappearing acts...I'll want to deal him around the deadline. And he's likely to be the teams' most likely to be traded player

Unless he’s packaged with picks/prospects for a Bertuzzi-type player, and I don’t see that happening, the team is absolutely worse without him. There’s not a prospect nearly close at the moment to make Kempe expendable.

I don't really like Kempe, but as others have said, he's one of the better players right now, which is troubling.

I'd like to see the Kings lock up Kempe for the next 3+ seasons, but at the right price. QO makes sense to give him one more year to prove this season isn't a fluke and determine a fair price for a longer term contract.

Back
Top Bottom