***Kings vs. Coyotes Global Series GDT 9/22/23 9:00pm PST on NHL Network & ESPN+ ***

Honestly I see his projectory as more Brett Hull in Calgary and I think this year he figures it out playing with Dubois and Fiala instead of Grundstrom and Lizotte. The training wheels are off now and with so much attention going towards #22 and #80 Kaliyev will have more opportunities than he's ever had.
I am not sure that Kaliyev has the ability to consistently play in the top 9. His shot is great, the rest of his game is mediocre. Also, he has had a few years to get his game in order and not be a one dimensional player. How much longer does he get? Kings are looking to win now, so I am not sure he is going to have that much time to build on his "one dimension". Someone like Fagemo, or Turcotte might be an option if Arty cannot get it done.

One thing I do not like, is they have Arty on the right side on the PP. He puts his back to the halfwall and he is just not capable of holding, then moving the puck from there. I hope he succeeds, but I am not holding my breathe.

Last edited:
I am not sure that Kaliyev has the ability to consistently play in the top 9. His shot is great, the rest of his game is mediocre. Also, he has had a few years to get his game in order and not be a one dimensional player. How much longer does he get? Kings are looking to win now, so I am not sure he is going to have that much time to build on his "one dimension". Someone like Fagemo, or Turcotte might be an option if Arty cannot get it done.

One thing I do not like, is they have Arty on the right side on the PP. He puts his back to the halfwall and he is just not capable of holding, then moving the puck from there. I hope he succeeds, but I am not holding my breathe.
I'm old enough to remember Hull in Calgary and he just looked so much like Kaliyev in terms of the one dimension huge shot and not much else. Unfortunately for Calgary Hull found his groove in St Louis. With this being the last year of his ELC I think the excuses are over as now he's with 2 pretty elite players in Fiala and Dubois and not Grundstrom(who I love),Lizotte or Lemieux. In one sense there was really nowhere for him to go as our Top 9 the last 2 seasons has been pretty good but now it's on for him and Byfield to prove it.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom