***LA Kings @ Anaheim Ducks Too Early GDT 11/24/23 12:30pm on BSW***

D2502B2C-E781-422A-A456-60FD422BF93C.jpeg

Lizotte, or anyone other than JAD soon. Maybe a trade deadline move to shore up whatever hole exists (like in our Cup years), and we might be a real contender. Arvidsson back maybe (pun intended)? Goaltending is still the long term question mark, but this has the makings of a good run.

fwiw, hayward was begrudgingly giving the Kings their flowers. You could feel the pain in his voice, but he had to acknowledge that they are a pretty good team right now.

I just watched the Kings broadcast, and now for dessert I’m going to go back and watch the ducks broadcast so I can savor all of the whining from Hayward.
You know... in the last couple years Hayward has gotten much much better at not being a Homer. He will always favor the Ducks, as he should, but he's much more even keel in his calls. Alex Faust was as homer-like as all get-out.

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed within +/- 2 of 41 combined hits for both teams:

41 (3 points):
puckoff
Cross Traffic
randdog
beady eye
Clif

40,42 (2 points):
rinkrat
Rusty
forum gold
symbology
Guinevere
CIrvine
cokingsfan
empire
KHenry14
Nyssa42

39,43 (1 point):
Sevenhole
VCRW
dannybuoy1
Jerram

Way to take care of business boys. That was a wonderful afternoon experience. 9 in a row on the road, moving up on the top of the league in points, lets just hope they can put it all out there tomorrow since they have a big break coming up with only 1 game in a week to follow. Other interesting tidbits, Kopi is currently on pace for 40 goals, and Kempe is on pace for 91 points. Actually I can't remember the last time the kings were almost to the quarter point of the season with 3 players over 1 ppg pace. My best guess would be the LAPD line days. Enjoy it folks!

The Andreas Englund effect.. seeing how much more confidently this team plays with a guy like him on the active roster. Lots of Kings diving right into that scrum in the second period when vatrano the rat kicked out PLD’s skates, and things got nasty.
I admit in the preseason and early season I saw no value in Englund but he has provenly that I am no GM. He has solidified the defensive corp along with Gavrikov. Everyone wants to talk about the Kings scoring but their defense is winning games.

I admit in the preseason and early season I saw no value in Englund but he has provenly that I am no GM. He has solidified the defensive corp along with Gavrikov. Everyone wants to talk about the Kings scoring but their defense is winning games.
He can develop into a McNabb. Great kid. Met him at meet the players. Has like 6 fights this season already

Lizotte, or anyone other than JAD soon. Maybe a trade deadline move to shore up whatever hole exists (like in our Cup years), and we might be a real contender. Arvidsson back maybe (pun intended)? Goaltending is still the long term question mark, but this has the makings of a good run.

There's little doubt that Lizotte is a special fourth-line center, and his absence is notable. But in JAD's defense, I will say that his game yesterday was a fair bit better than his first.

You know... in the last couple years Hayward has gotten much much better at not being a Homer. He will always favor the Ducks, as he should, but he's much more even keel in his calls. Alex Faust was as homer-like as all get-out.

As much as it pains me to say it (about Hayward), I have to agree.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom