Full Moon Friday Game | Giveaway: Black Rally Towel
Reverse Retro Jerseys for BOTH Teams

Previous Meeting

12/01/22 - Coyotes 3, Kings 5

**Game Time 6:30pm**

MEDIA.jpg

TV:BSW

Radio: LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

G37P1.png

Check out articles on LA Kings Insider Here

Blake Lizotte (video), Adrian Kempe, & Todd McLellan 12/22 Post Game Quotes

Click Here for Blake Lizotte Video Interview

Adrian Kempe on the game-winning goal tonight and how he saw the play progress
Yeah, I caught a loose puck in our d-zone and knew I had Arvy with me for a 2-on-1. I tried to make the pass over the d-man early and obviously I was expecting him to shoot but I was staying at the back post in case the puck ended up there and he made a great play back to me for an easy tap-in. Fun goal.
Kempe on the importance of winning a division game and beating Calgary specifically
Yeah, that was huge. It’s a divisional game, first of all, and they’re a couple of points behind us, it was an important game. They came back late in the third period, so I think we showed some good character to get the two points from them in OT. Obviously we wanted to win the game after 60 minutes, and I think that’s something we should have done, but they’re a good team, they have some good lines up front. I think it showed some good character from us to come away with the two points.
Kempe on the positives from tonight taken from style of play
Yeah, I think so. It was two good teams out there, both teams had a good game I felt like, we played well, they played well. Bad things are going to happen when you play a team like that, they have a lot of offense up front and they’re going to create their chances, but overall I think we were pretty happy with our game. We could have cleaned it up a little bit at the end, in the third period, but other than that, there are a lot of things we can take with us.

Todd McLellan on if he felt tonight was a character win for the Kings
I think that’s fair. I thought there was a well-played game by both teams, it was tight checking, not a lot of space, the odd breakdown and then the goaltenders played well, special teams were dangerous on the powerplay, but yet the penalty kill was pretty good. It felt like a playoff game, that’s sort of what it felt like.
McLellan on Blake Lizotte elevating his game tonight, playing with Arvidsson and Vilardi
He elevated his game, he was all over the rink. I thought physically he received but he also gave back and that’s important. Good in the circle, his tenacity is hard to handle. The size advantage doesn’t always go to the bigger guy when you’ve got [Lizotte] buzzing around all the time, in your equipment and stripping pucks. He was a really effective player tonight.
McLellan on Gabe Vilardi’s play tonight, when elevated back to the third line
It’s interesting, I think Gabe is still a top-three, top-six player in my mind. He needed a little rejuvenation with the gas tank and a little bit of confidence. He scored tonight, so obviously that’s a real big thing for him, but he had a heck of a night I thought. Going out there and being ready, never knowing when your number is going to get called a little bit more than it has been, it’s important. He passed that test.
McLellan on elements from tonight he believed led to a playoff-like atmosphere
I thought checking was tight, there wasn’t much space in it, from that perspective it felt playoff-like. You had about three feet of ice to work in and then somebody else got three feet. The stick-on-stick bottles, the body positioning, faceoffs to net play to corner work, it felt a little [tighter], a little heavier, a little quicker, faster. I’m not sure if the players about that felt that but we did be behind the bench
McLellan on areas he feels the team can still improve in, despite a night they were solid overall
Structure was pretty good, but if I could wave a wand, I think we have to learn to play a little bit better with the lead. I thought that shift length got a little long, there were some risk plays that we didn’t need to deploy. I thought we played 1-on-1 standing still and that’s often a dangerous thing, especially against that team but win is a win, we’ll take it. Get some rest and play tomorrow.

G37P3.png

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject To Change

FORWARDS
G36KF.png

G36KD.png

G28KG.png

Kings Injuries

Arthur Kaliyev (D2D)

Coyotes Probable Lineup
courtesy of dailyfaceoff.com

FORWARDS
G37CF.png

G37CD.png

G37CG.png

G37CI.png

Former King

Troy Stecher
8479442.jpg

GOALIE STATS

G37GSK.png

G37GSC.png

PLAYER STATS

Click Here For More Stats & Rosters

G37PSK.png
G37PSC.png

PACIFIC DIVISION STANDINGS

G37-Standings.png

Tonight’s Poll Question:

Part 1 - When these teams last played on Dec 1st, the Kings had 32 SOG, while limiting the Coyotes to just 21 shots. What will be the SHOT DIFFERENTIAL in tonight’s game?
You can take 2 guesses
+/-1 = 1 point, dead on = 2 points

Part 2 - Which Kings player will take the first Kings penalty of the night?
You can take 3 guesses

Previous Game’s Winners

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed the first period would have two goals and/or that the first goal scorer would be Huberdeau in last night’s game:

Both (2 points):

pray4mojo

First goal (1 point):
dannybuoy1

Two goals first (1 point):
Kurisu
CIrvine
Dr. Tran
notbob
DRice
randdog
srm1105
JayWells24
LeftyKing
sonnyboy11
KHenry14
AngelEyes
VegasHockey
JETS GARAGE
SirJW
John a90
Bill Hicks
Shackleford
Sevenhole
Chateau Bow Wow
Liz4LA

Poll Win Totals

King Of The Mountain
with 29 points:

VegasHockey

27 Points

Kurisu
srm1105

26 Points

25 Points

Bill Hicks
DRGinLBC
LeftyKing

24 Points

23 Points

randdog
Rusty
sonnyboy11

22 Points

beady eye
hornman
John a90
Liz4LA

21 Points

AngelEyes
SirJW

20 Points

forum gold
Helvetica
pray4mojo

19 Points

18 Points

Drice
RoS

17 Points

Clif

16 Points

Chateau Bow Wow

15 Points

empire
jammer 06
KHenry14
Nyssa42

14 Points

TooCool

13 Points

hihocarp
Sevenhole

12 Points

dannybuoy1
JETS GARAGE

11 Points

CIrvine

10 Points

Busted Chops
Dr. Tran
notbob
waynet

9 Points

kingsmen93

8 Points

kopinator
Rogie-Vachon
Shackleford

7 Points

6 Points

beedee
Byron

5 Points

kingrussell

4 Points

Dirtweazle
JayWells24

3 Points

HTK
salami
STONE

2 Points

05/29/93
Dexter
PuckMaster

1 Point

Rinkrat

***Get, Give, & Bet your karma in geogirl’s KARMA BETTING THREAD HERE***

G37P2.png

Last edited:
Part 1 ~ 13 or 5
Part 2 ~ Fiala, Danault or Lemieux
Thank you Nyssa. Go Kings Go!!! Let’s go for 5 straight!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank you Nyssa!
Shot diferential 8, 14
Penalty : Fiala, Kempe, Lemieux

Woohoo an hour earlier

Last edited:

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back