***LA Kings @ Arizona Coyotes GDT 10/27/23 7:00pm on BSW***

The thing with this team is that you know they have the firepower to come back from those deficits, so as bad as they looked early, we all knew it wasn’t over.

And the second best moment on the Doughty shift (aside from the goal) was that drive to the net and the great move he made around a guy to set up a great chance. He hit a pipe, made a great move to set up a chance, and scored a goal. Amazing shift.

Great team win, especially on the road. Talbot played really strong. Lots of positives after that rocky start.

Also, it’s so inconvenient how the Bally’s app cuts the postgame off and makes me wait to rejoin the feed. I always miss a bunch and have to rewind it.

The Kings defense and PK was terrible last season. We all saw what happened in the playoffs. Did they add a top 6 to improve the defense. They did not lose anyone except for Durzi and Walker. I believe they actually had a better defense last year than this year. They can’t keep playing Doughty those minutes due to being an elder. Without a defense, no goaltender will be good enough on the Kings.
I kind of disagree. Kind of a wash. Edler was bad last year. Englund, while he has issues is a huge improvement. We do miss having Durzi on PP2 though. Hope Spence gets some confidence and gets things going there.

Great comeback win by the boys. Helluva game by number 8..

I don't want be negative but do you guys think PLD is playing hurt? He's been off for the last couple games... Kinda floating out there

Wow, Fox broke down that late Doughty shift and it was like a cat playing with a mouse.

So patient and so much better than the occasional frustrated, forcing sh*t Doughty.

Great comeback win by the boys. Helluva game by number 8..

I don't want be negative but do you guys think PLD is playing hurt? He's been off for the last couple games... Kinda floating out there
I don’t think he’s hurt. I think the type of game the Coyotes play forces him to play a more conservative style. They are a counter-attacking team who pounces on turnovers and PLD’s game 5 on 5 is all about cycling and holding onto the puck in the offensive zone which is prone to turning the puck over.

Meaning in games against teams like this he has to sit back a bit and let his wingers carry the puck more so he looks like he’s floating or disengaged.

This is the downside to putting a pure offensive talent like Fiala next to him 5 on 5. Neither one of them plays much defense so they’re going to get burned occasionally.

What PLD will have to do is contribute on the PP. Since the 1st PP unit is still working out the kinks PLD is kind of in limbo.

This was a great comeback win! When Copley got pulled & Talbot allowed that goal on the 1st shot I almost wanted to turn the game off. But I saw they actually played better at that point. Then they started scoring. It's great that we have enough offense to make a comeback like this. I was going to say that Byfield had the best game. That was until Doughty had that shift & that goal. He was so dominant. As far as the goalie race, Talbot is by far in the lead. If this holds up, he's the #1 starter. But Copley has to start playing better so that they can give Talbot enough rest to get him through the season & through the playoffs. And the team needs to start playing better in front of both guys. Anyway, great win & this team doesn't quit.

Also, I was going to ask, did I hear a very loud "Go Kings Go" at the start of the game? I would've thought with such a small arena they would've kept all the visiting fans out. I guess not.

Go Kings Go!

After D8ghtys 2nd goal, on the bench, Spence was sitting next to him chatting, asking questions... Perfect....

8: " Be patient my young padawan, you too will accomplish great things, in time. You will learn the ways of the Force."

Someone in background: "But there is another!" Que up the Clarke goal tonight.

Another thing they said in the broadcast. Carrlyn was talking about the students sitting on bleachers. I would actually prefer that to the seats at Crypto. I went to the last game & my legs don’t fit in the seats. And with my knees it’s pretty painful. They’re supposed to be doing arena renovations. I hope they redo the seats. At least take out the arm rest so people can spread their legs to get more leg room.

Wow, Fox broke down that late Doughty shift and it was like a cat playing with a mouse.

So patient and so much better than the occasional frustrated, forcing sh*t Doughty.

At home we kind of commented that Doughty kept seeing the rebounds going towards the corner where the 2 Kings down there (I didn't see who) were flubbing the puck a bit, and by the ~3rd time Doughty got the puck back you could see a hard flash of that 2012 playoffs Doughty take over, and he just carried it down the left side of the net by himself. It was quite glorious that he got the puck back and just banged it home. 10/10 would recommend.

This was a great comeback win! When Copley got pulled & Talbot allowed that goal on the 1st shot I almost wanted to turn the game off. But I saw they actually played better at that point. Then they started scoring. It's great that we have enough offense to make a comeback like this. I was going to say that Byfield had the best game. That was until Doughty had that shift & that goal. He was so dominant. As far as the goalie race, Talbot is by far in the lead. If this holds up, he's the #1 starter. But Copley has to start playing better so that they can give Talbot enough rest to get him through the season & through the playoffs. And the team needs to start playing better in front of both guys. Anyway, great win & this team doesn't quit.

Also, I was going to ask, did I hear a very loud "Go Kings Go" at the start of the game? I would've thought with such a small arena they would've kept all the visiting fans out. I guess not.

Go Kings Go!

There was a very loud Go Kings Go at the start.

Todd said the Kings let Copley out to dry. I fear that the "letting the winner play" is kind of bad in these close game situations, as Copley looked better the first game - and won - so I'm not sure how rested they'll be sometimes following that logic. I also think the Kings D looked horrible. But yeah, Copley let in 3 on 5 shots.

I don’t think he’s hurt. I think the type of game the Coyotes play forces him to play a more conservative style. They are a counter-attacking team who pounces on turnovers and PLD’s game 5 on 5 is all about cycling and holding onto the puck in the offensive zone which is prone to turning the puck over.

Meaning in games against teams like this he has to sit back a bit and let his wingers carry the puck more so he looks like he’s floating or disengaged.

This is the downside to putting a pure offensive talent like Fiala next to him 5 on 5. Neither one of them plays much defense so they’re going to get burned occasionally.

What PLD will have to do is contribute on the PP. Since the 1st PP unit is still working out the kinks PLD is kind of in limbo.

Not hurt, though I'd say he does look a little lost sometimes. Could be a system thing. I still see Fiala zip off passes that people aren't ready for. Dubois had 2-3 great chances from Fiala that he whiffed on. I don't know how good a combo they are, or how well he fits on the PP1.

All I know is that Byfields goal was exactly what the Kings need - the big body in front. They scored I think twice like that, and when they aren't doing it, they don't score when they should, especially on the PP. It used to be an identity thing with Brown. Good D and a big body in front of the net, to get tips and garbage goals. It's been a lot more sporadic in the crease offensive wise for us. Though I mean what can I say I guess we're the top scoring team in the league right now but the 4 in the 1st thing definitely has to be cleaned up.

Last edited:

Go Kings Go!
Yes.
And portions of the 3rd. They showed a lot of Kings fans in the crowd

Yes.
And portions of the 3rd. They showed a lot of Kings fans in the crowd

I wasn't aware of their arena circumstances - Daryl said a capacity crowd of 5000 and I was very confused.. but what? They share the place with ASU? Is that permanent? And with 5000? I guess.. that'd be cool. I did read it has sent ticket prices sky high. I'm surprised they're able to hold onto the Coyotes in the literal desert to be honest, so whatever works.

I wasn't aware of their arena circumstances - Daryl said a capacity crowd of 5000 and I was very confused.. but what? They share the place with ASU? Is that permanent? And with 5000? I guess.. that'd be cool. I did read it has sent ticket prices sky high. I'm surprised they're able to hold onto the Coyotes in the literal desert to be honest, so whatever works.

It is not permanent . . . but there is not yet an alternative venue / city / state / country on the horizon. Uncle Gary, for whatever reason, continues be in the service of the State of Arizona.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom