***LA Kings @ Columbus Blue Jackets GDT 12/5/23 4:00pm on BSW***

Can't turn off the game on the team this year.
Nope. I remember watching one of the national broadcasts this year where we were up by 3 (and I mentioned it in that GDT but I forget the game due to oldness). The announcer was so surprised that the Kings were still going all out for more goals being up 3 with under half the game to go. I commented to the TV (dumb, I know) "do you not watch this team, no 3 goal lead is safe in a Kings game." It's true and it really makes the games fun to watch because nobody is ever out of it.

I'll say it again that this team reminds me a lot of those 90s Pens who won back-to-back Cups. This team can score almost at will due to the exceptional scoring depth. IMO it is easier to tighten up and play defense in the playoffs than it is to be able to develop a scoring touch. I'm really starting to believe in this team having a good shot at going deep and competing for the Cup.

My quick thoughts:

After 2 periods, I turned off the game. Just got alert on my phone, we won in OT, WTF. This team is unbelievable. And what I love most, is that they dont give up.

Everyone should go read this entire thread over again starting around Page6. Myself included. I need to do better going forward.
Haha glad you admit it most haven’t learned to not to turn it off, I think we are all going to learn that lesson this season as painful as it may be during the game. This team has an identity…. No win is out of reach

This wasn’t even the type of loss I was going to be mad at. Then they pull this off. And is Kempe currently the best set-up guy on the team?

Wow, and I just gave up watching after seeing Columbus score their third goal against LA. Didn't ever expect the Kings to come back with 3 unanswered goals to tie it and eventually win the sucker in OT. That's what happens to fans like me that don't stick with their team to the end. So sorry, and I'm definitely going to eat a lot of crow for this one and owe it up for my giving up too soon...

Anyways, the Kings are really on a pace to outdo their record on the road after witnessing their 2011-12 performance back then. Go Kings Go!

i never had a doubt
Season 9 Nbc GIF by The Office

lol I turned the game off after the second. checked the score on my phone and it was 3-3 turned the game back on and started the game form the start of the third watched the first 7 minutes went back to the live feed at the start overtime just to watch Doughty finish off the comeback. the moral of my story is I gave up when I shouldn't have and our Kings are a very sedulous team. Well done boys,I apologize and will never turn you off again.

Seriously it can not be stressed enough how important these mid game seasons games are. Appears the typical December slide has not started but consistent play will continue through a post season. The focus has been getting in now it is getting the most advantageous matchups. Maybe a new thread we have not discussed in a decade

Last edited:
To all those who "turned it off" after period 2...

YFWFF....this team has heart & especially they love to do that celly dance in the room after the game.

Living in Sweden this game started in the middle of the night, so I got up at 4 in the morning to see the replay before work.

After two periods I turned it of, shame on me since I obviously forgot that this team is like cockroaches again… :)

I obviously forgot that this team is like cockroaches again… :)
That's what I'm hoping. Even if the other teams are up... they'll have this nagging doubt in the back of their mind... AND the Kings will have the confidence and experience to never give up! We're playing the Rangers on Sunday... (back-to-back for us... sucks!) hopefully it will be deja vu!! 😀

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom