***LA Kings @ Edmonton Oilers GDT 3/28/24 6:00pm on BSW***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Teams that give us problems ie; Dallas and EDM have a few things in common. They are gritty teams that assert their dominance with big bodies that are super aggresive on Defense and give us no time or space. We can only beat this strategy by driving to the middle to create opportunities or dumping and chasing, retrieving pucks and driving to the high scoring spots. Instead, we were slow, passive on the parameter and unable to win puck battles in offensive zone.

Our entire offense including PP was a giant game of hot potato. Moore had a particularly bad game. He did not drive to the net and was a non threat.

The only one with courage was Blake Lizotte. He tried his best and gave his all.

A third straight round 1 playoff exit at the hands of the Oilers should result in the immediate dismissal of Blake. He made zero moves at the trade deadline...his one job was to ensure this team could advance in the playoffs, and he flat out failed. Inexcusable.
Kings won't be playing Edmonton. We'll fall to the last WC position and play either Dallas, Colorado or Vancouver. Let Edmonton and Vegas duke it out. It's very clear that there are certain contenders we match up well against and others we don't. I like our chances playing Vegas, Winnipeg or Vancouver. Will be tough to get through anyone else. Just resign yourselves that this will be a short playoff run and hope they make changes over the offseason that will improve the team.

A third straight round 1 playoff exit at the hands of the Oilers should result in the immediate dismissal of Blake. He made zero moves at the trade deadline...his one job was to ensure this team could advance in the playoffs, and he flat out failed. Inexcusable.
What moves would you have liked him to do? The team is completely capped out. We've got 2 goalies basically making league minimum with Rittich as an emergency call-up. The PLD signing (along with Gavrikov) pretty much put the financial handcuffs on the Kings.

Teams that give us problems ie; Dallas and EDM have a few things in common. They are gritty teams that assert their dominance with big bodies that are super aggresive on Defense and give us no time or space. We can only beat this strategy by driving to the middle to create opportunities or dumping and chasing, retrieving pucks and driving to the high scoring spots. Instead, we were slow, passive on the parameter and unable to win puck battles in offensive zone.

Our entire offense including PP was a giant game of hot potato. Moore had a particularly bad game. He did not drive to the net and was a non threat.

The only one with courage was Blake Lizotte. He tried his best and gave his all.
Teams that give us problems; Any team that plays physical. Kings too small too soft. They can play a "physical" game for one game but will never get through a 7 game series. Last night was just more of the same. Wash, rinse, repeat. Get rid of Luc and Blake.

What moves would you have liked him to do? The team is completely capped out. We've got 2 goalies basically making league minimum with Rittich as an emergency call-up. The PLD signing (along with Gavrikov) pretty much put the financial handcuffs on the Kings.
Exactly. They would have had to move a significant contract out which wasn't going to happen. PLD is what has really handcuffed this team...and of course the Kopi and Dewey contracts.

I agree with all of this. LAK seem intimidated most nights against Edmonton as soon as the puck drops.
I know Moore has had some highlight reel sharp angled goals this year but he tries that low percentage shot far too often now...

Kings won't be playing Edmonton. We'll fall to the last WC position and play either Dallas, Colorado or Vancouver. Let Edmonton and Vegas duke it out. It's very clear that there are certain contenders we match up well against and others we don't. I like our chances playing Vegas, Winnipeg or Vancouver. Will be tough to get through anyone else. Just resign yourselves that this will be a short playoff run and hope they make changes over the offseason that will improve the team.
Given the Kings’ schedule still a very good possibility they play EDM.

For all Gavrikov brings to this team his salary is hard to stomach, and impossible to imagine growing larger if he truly “bet on himself” with a two year deal per Hoven’s report last summer. If he’s looking for even more you trade him this summer.

If Roy is doable at 5M you do it. Could possibly get Chychrun for Spence. But that’s all more lofty. Worth the cap to trade Gavy.

Given the Kings’ schedule still a very good possibility they play EDM.
They definitely have the easier schedule but...Kings might still find a way to Kong :)

They could easily go 7-3 (or heck, even 10-0) but at the same time I always get concerned when they play Calgary, Minny and Winnipeg. That's 5 of the last 10. And then there is their nemesis, San Jose. This team can be so unpredictable at times. If they finish with the 8th seed, I'm ok with that.

And while I don't think the Kings miss the playoffs, it's also concerning that St. Louis has the next easiest schedule for the remainder of the year. If the Kings falter big time and St. Louis doesn't, they could push us out of a playoff spot altogether. That would be a total disaster.

Last edited:
If someone bet me a triple decker Pastrami, Turkey & Swiss from Brent’s on which team won the total faceoff battle tonight I’d be coughing up $25 because the Kings won the faceoff battle 31:23. Shocking.

Skinner was excellent tonight and if that’s the real Brian Skinner then, sorry to say, the Oilers are winning the Cup.
You must live near me. :)

Maybe! I used to live in Northridge for years and ate at Brent’s as often as I could. Hell of a sandwich. Now I’m in Burbank. Still looking for a good pastrami sandwich…
I live Northridge-adjacent (Winnetka). I'm not a fan of pastrami, so don't have any recommendations for you. Have you tried this place? I have had really good sandwiches from there Menu | Tony's Italian Deli

They definitely have the easier schedule but...Kings might still find a way to Kong :)

They could easily go 7-3 (or heck, even 10-0) but at the same time I always get concerned when they play Calgary, Minny and Winnipeg. That's 5 of the last 10. And then there is their nemesis, San Jose. This team can be so unpredictable at times. If they finish with the 8th seed, I'm ok with that.

And while I don't think the Kings miss the playoffs, it's also concerning that St. Louis has the next easiest schedule for the remainder of the year. If the Kings falter big time and St. Louis doesn't, they could push us out of a playoff spot altogether. That would be a total disaster.
Only a fool doubts the Kings’ ability to Kong! All valid concerns here.

Taking off my Kings’ tinted glasses, which run darker than they do bright, I’d still place the best odds on them finishing 3rd. Won 4 in a row including dominating a desperate Wild team and a very gutsy effort against Tampa. They played well against VAN. Winning record under Hiller including now at home. Dominated CHI as they had to. And the SJ loss was with Todd coaching, of course.

Their season series against EDM was actually pretty tight, so I’d be interested in seeing what they can possibly muster against these goons in another round. Not confident they’d win, but would like to see how Hiller adjusts.

A lot of teams made moves. He didn't do anything at all. Kings need a LHD...there were a few that got moved. Blake.Did.Nothing.

No way the Kings get past Dallas either. Did you even watch the last two games against them? And Colorado is much better than the Kings too. If the Kings drop to the second wild card, hopefully they face Vancouver. I don't think they beat Dallas or Colorado.

No way the Kings get past Dallas either. Did you even watch the last two games against them? And Colorado is much better than the Kings too. If the Kings drop to the second wild card, hopefully they face Vancouver. I don't think they beat Dallas or Colorado.
I never said we get by them...yes, I watch every single game. I've said multiple times that I'm afraid of Dallas...but if we're going to lose, I'd rather lose to them that the Oils. I was hoping we'd face Vancouver and let the others slug it out. I think the Nucks are our best chance to advance.

Well, considering that the Kings are too injured to practice today, and too injured to send Moverare back to the Reign, perhaps we don't have to be quite as worried about last night's loss. Assuming everyone is only slightly banged up and will be healthy in a couple of weeks, that is.

Here's more info from Mayor's Manor Part II: Kings Reverse Course, Have to Recall Moverare

Last edited:
Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed 5 on 5 and or 4 goals for the winner:

Both (2 points):
Kurisu
notbob
Madness20721
Drum4Pigs
beady eye
mugs
puckoff
JayWells24
DRGinLBC
katydid213
SaltyPuck
Liz4LA
Bill Hicks
AngelEyes

A 5 on 5 (1 point)
Rusty
Guinevere
JETS GARAGE
hornman
empire
Chateau Bow Wow

4 goals winner (1 point):
jammer06
VegasHockey
randdog
Cross Traffic
pray4mojo
forum gold
fake_it_make_it

Sorry for the late post, we were in the grand canyon this morning and there's stuff to do there without internet. Last nights game was one of those frustrating ones where let's face it ..they won. Team wasn't good enough....sucks

Last edited by a moderator:
I also just think there is a psychological factor at play here. The Oilers are in the Kings heads and it makes them play not to lose instead of playing to win. The Kings I watched Monday night against arguably a better team were nowhere to be seen. Edmonton gives them the yips. If we get them in the first round again...it's rinse...repeat.

And the Oilers announcing was an absolute embarrassment. An official meeting of the Connor McDavid ball-washers club. (Like the dude needs any more stroking? Yeah....he's super good....we get it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom