Last Season’s Meetings

01/30/22 – Kings 4, Penguins 3
01/13/22 – Penguins 2, Kings 6

G6P3.jpg

**Game Time 4:00pm Pacific**

MEDIA.jpg

TV:**BSW**

Radio: LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

Check out articles on LA Kings Insider Here

Cal Petersen & Todd MacLellan 10/18 Post Game Quotes

Cal Petersen
 on the comeback win on the road
It’s huge. We’re going to inevitably have situations like this again throughout the season and we can reach back and know that we’ve done it before. It’s part of our identity now and it was part of it last year, so now we have the confidence that we’re never out of it and we can find ways to come back and get points, win games.
Petersen
 on building confidence throughout the evening, into the third period and overtime
Yeah, granted, we blocked a ton of shots, you know, Mikey had a game-saving block there, it would have been over in overtime but I mean, it was just trying to build through each of these games with confidence. I haven’t felt like I’ve been getting the results that I wanted in these games, so that’s been challenging. Right now, it’s just building with each game, so this is huge personally for my confidence, but, it just feels good to get rewarded with the win.
Petersen
 on seeing Matt Roy, a regular shot blocker, contribute with two goals
Yeah, I went back and started to squirt my water bottle when he got it alone in the slot because I know he always scores those. It was awesome. Another guy that it’s awesome to see get rewarded offensively, because he does so many things well defensively.

Todd McLellan
 on completing the comeback and coming out of Nashville with two points
Very thrilled. Guys are excited and happy for each other, back-to-back early in the year, in this building, it doesn’t happen often but our guys had a good mindset going into third. I didn’t think we were bad throughout the night, a lot of momentum swings again because of penalties, both our team and their team, but I didn’t think being down two was a disaster. We did some good things, stuck with it and found a way to win a game.
McLellan
 on if tonight classifies as a “character win” for the group
Certainly. It’s hard early in the year to play back-to-back. We’ve played five games already, we played every second night and if you think about exhibition season even, when we started to play all the veteran players, we played every second night for two and a half weeks. That’s taxing both mentally and physically. Character with the comeback.
McLellan
 on Matt Roy chipping in with two goals in the third period to force overtime
It’s not often that we’re talking about Matt scoring two, to tie the game in the third period, but he has that ability. He’s got tremendous legs, he’s strong, he went to the net and he knows the score, he can gamble a little bit more and he did a real good job.Big night for him.
McLellan
 on Cal Petersen’s play down the stretch to secure the victory
At the end of the night, he had to make outstanding saves in overtime and he was excellent in the shootout and he’s won two games for us. So, for as much it’s been talked that he’s got to find his game, he’s won two twice and that’s a real good thing. I think he started to settle in. We talked about the disruption of his training camp and the fact that goalies take a little while to find their game, but all he’s done is won. He should be confident, he should feel good about himself and was a big part of the win.

G6P2.jpg

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject To Change

FORWARDS
G6KF.jpg

G5KD.jpg

G1KG.png

Kings Injuries

Alexander Edler
Alex Iafallo

Penguins Probable Lineup
courtesy of dailyfaceoff.com

FORWARDS
G6PF.jpg

G6PD.jpg

G6PG.jpg

No Penguins Injuries

Former Kings

Jeff Carter
8470604.jpg

GOALIE STATS

G6GSK.jpg

G6GSP.jpg

PLAYER STATS

Click Here For More Stats & Rosters

G6PSK2.jpg
G6PSP.jpg

G5-PP3-Kempe-Stats.jpg

PACIFIC DIVISION STANDINGS

G6-Standings.jpg

Tonight’s Poll Question:

Part 1 - At what time of the game will the FIRST KINGS GOAL be scored?
Use the min:sec INTO the __ (1,2,3,OT) period format, or you can also choose SHOOTOUT or “it will be a shutout”
YOU CAN TAKE 2 GUESSES
+/- 1 minute will get 2 points, +/- 3 minutes (or correct guess of shootout/no goals) will get 1 point.

Take your best guesses in your post below.
The only prize is the glory of seeing your name in the next GDT if you get it right.

Previous Game’s Winners

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed the final score would be recorded as 4-3:

Clif
Chateau Bow Wow
hornman
AngelEyes
KHenry14
Rusty
Helvetica
BustedChops
VegasHockey
John a90
RoS
Kurisu
randdog
Liz4LA
Sevenhole
LeftyKing

Poll Win Totals

King Of The Mountain
with 6 points:

RoS

4 Points

AngelEyes
John a90
Liz4LA
Rusty
VegasHockey

3 Points

Bill Hicks
hornman
Kurisu
LeftyKing
Sevenhole

2 Points

05/29/93
beady eye
beedee
Chateau Bow Wow
Clif
empire
forum gold
Helvetica
Nyssa42
randdog
salami
srm1105

1 Point

Busted Chops
CIrvine
dannybuoy1
Dexter
DRGinLBC
Drice
HTK
KHenry14
kopinator
notbob
pray4mojo
PuckMaster
Rinkrat
SirJW
sonnyboy11
TooCool
waynet

***Bet your karma in geogirl’s KARMA BETTING THREAD HERE***

G6P1-Cal.jpg

Pittsburgh has been scoring at home. This could be another football score they way our D has looked.

Kings first goal -
9:00 into the first or
15:01 into the first

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks, Nyssa!

Part 1: 6:38 INTO the 1st period
Part 2: 15:12 INTO the 1st period

Go Kings Go!

Pittsburgh has been scoring at home. This could be another football score they way our D has looked.

Nashville game with Cal making the start was an obvious choice to take the over. This one has over potential too once I looked up Pittsburgh's last 5.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back