11/19/22 -- Kings 2, Kraken 3 (OT)
10/13/22 -- Kraken 4, Kings 1

2023-G27-Team-Stats.png

**Game Time 7:00pm**

MEDIA.jpg

TV:**KCAL Ch9**
Radio:
LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

Check Out More Articles & Video on LA Kings Insider Here

Todd McLellan 12/13/23 Post-Game Quotes:

Todd McLellan
On what he felt changed tonight between the first period and the final 40 minutes

I think your assessment is real accurate. The first period was a little bit of feeling out, we were fortunate to get the lead. I thought we played the second period lackadaisical, not focused, not driven, played with a lot of hope in our game, played in pieces. The first goal, Phil Danault’s the fresh guy who steps on the ice, the rest of the guys are tired. He’s got to manage that puck until we can get guys off, we turn it over, it goes the other way. Reminds me a little bit of the goal in New York against the Islanders, you’re up 2-0 and you’re lackadaisical and you’re sloppy and then you allow the other team to gain some momentum. You know, we didn’t really have our game going in the first either. It was good, but it wasn’t great.
On the performance of Winnipeg’s top line in tonight’s game
They played an outstanding game. They were good, we didn’t have an answer for them tonight. There’s nothing wrong with admitting that because they deserve the praise and the three of them played really well, four or five of them, I guess, when they got their pairs out there.
On the game management mistakes and how to correct those
We’ve got slapped here a couple of times, maybe our team needs it a bit. I’m concerned about game management again, I’m concerned about playing in pieces. Four fresh guys and one tired guy, I don’t know how many times tonight somebody missed a shift because somebody couldn’t get off. Sometimes that’s due in large part to what the other team is doing to you, hemming you in, but I don’t think we’re playing as units of five right now, I don’t know if there’s a little selfishness creeping in, but it’ll be addressed and it will be fixed.
On what a team can find out about itself by learning from adversity
We’re not going to roll through and win 41 road games. We’re not going to play at a .750 or .780 percentage, it hasn’t been done. Boston was the closest team to doing it. It’s not humanly possible, the rest of the teams are pretty good, so we’re going to go through rough patches. It’s been a while since we had a rough patch. You could look back to the beginning of the year, where we played like this and gave up five goals a night or whatever it was and we had to figure out ways to fix it. We’re capable of doing that and we expect the group to respond to it.
On the distribution of minutes between centers and lines
I’ve tried to lay this out for everybody, when you come and you have the three types of centermen – four because I appreciate what Lizzo does – somebody has to give something up. I think Kopi got to 21 minutes tonight, a lot of it was the last four minutes, he barely came off the ice, but we’ve consistently played at about 19, 17, 14 and a half, 15 if you want that and then 10 and we’re not changing. I don’t care who plays 19 17, 14 and a half or 11, I don’t care. They decide it.
On if there’s a point in the season where he can make judgement about Pierre-Luc Dubois’ production
No, I don’t think so, because he’s also playing on a team that, it’s hard for me to say this right now because we didn’t play real well tonight, but we’ve had some success and he’s played a big part in that. We will write and we’ll want unreal stats from every individual on our team, but the most important one is the wins and the losses. We can all be better and we’ll all push towards that.
On if he feels that Dubois’ has had less consistency with his linemates than other players
I would disagree with you. The only line we haven’t tinkered with was Kopi’s line. Really, Fiala moved up from PL’s line, he was playing with our leading scorer, and we just flipped those guys around. Grunny and JAD have moved around a little bit, so it hasn’t been dramatic. PL gets to play on the on the power play, our second-unit power play, and people around him have to help him out, but he’s also here to make other people better as well.

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject to Change
Lineups Courtesy of DailyFaceoff.com

2023-G24-KF.png

2023-G27-KD.png

2023-G26-KGI.png

KRAKEN PROBABLE LINEUP

2023-G27-KRF2.png

2023-G27-KRD.png

2023-G27-KRD2.png

NO Former Kings

_____________________________________________________________________________________

2023-G27-Goalie-Comp.png

2023-G27-Players-To-Watch.png

PACIFIC DIVISION STANDINGS
2023-G27-Standings.png

*VBookie BETTING THREAD HERE*

**Today’s Poll Question**

Part 1 - Who is going to score the GAME WINNING GOAL?
You can take 4 guesses per team
Part 2 - In what period will the GWG be scored? (1,2,3,OT,SO)
(one guess only for part 2)
Take your best guesses in your post below

the only Prize is the glory of seeing your name in the next GDT if you get it right.

PREVIOUS GAME’S WINNERS
Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed the traded players would total 5 points on the night:

rinkrat
rfischer
Nyssa42

Kings of the Mountain with 16 points -
CrossTraffic, notbob, Rusty

15 points = clif, Nyssa42

14 points = hornman

13 points = hihocarp, Kurisu

12 points = Angel Eyes, beady eye, Dr Tran, Jerram, KHenry14, mugs, Randdog, SirJW, VegasHockey

11 points = Chateau Bow Wow, CIrvine, empire, forum gold, JayWells24, Liz4LA, waynet

10 points = Byron, DRGinLBC, Guinevere, puckoff, Rinkrat, VCRW

9 points = DRice, katydid213, pray4mojo, Salty Puck, TooCool

8 points = dannybuoy1, KernCoKingsFan, Shackleford

7 points = jammer06, Madness20721, Rogie-Vachon, Sevenhole

6 points = Busted Chops

5 points = Bill Hicks

4 points = beedee, cokingsfan, Dexter, Ice24, sonnyboy11, symbology

3 points = rfischer

2 points = JETS GARAGE, Ragbone

1 point = Drums4Pigs, PuckMaster, STONE

2023-G27-Pic1.png

photos courtesy of LA Kings twitter

Last edited:
Kempe
Kopi
Grundstrom
Moore
Eberle
McCann
Bjorkstrand
Wennberg

3rd period

Kempe
Kopitar
Moore
Byfield
Eberle
Tanev
Larsson
Beniers

2nd

Mooore, Grundy, Lewis, PLD, Larsson, Eberle, Benier, Dunn

In the Second

Part 1: Bernie’s, Bjorkstrand, McCann, Tatar
Kempe, Fiala, Danault, Lizotte
Part 2: 1st period

Kopitar
Kempe
Moore
Fiala
McCann
Bjorkstrand
Yamamoto
Tatar

2nd period GWG

Thank you nyssa!
PLD
Kempe
Moore
Kopi

Yamamoto
Dunn
Beniers
Tanev

Second period

Also I'm convinced Nyssa wanted us to learn a few players on their team and that's why she had that question

Kemper
Kaliyev
Kopitar
Moore
Tolvanen
Bjorkstrand
Yamamoto
McCann

2nd

Gourde
McCann
Yamamoto