12/28/23

7:00pm Pacific on BSW

2023_G32_Kings_Logo.png
2023_G32_VGK_Logo.png

Los Angeles Kings Angeles Kings
T-mobile Arena | Paradise, NV

Previous Meetings

11/08/23 -- Kings 4, Golden Knights 1
10/28/23 -- Golden Knights 4, Kings 3 (SO)

2023_G32_TeamStats.png

**Game Time 7:00pm**

2023_G32_Pic5.png

MEDIA.jpg

TV:**BSW at 7:00pm**
Radio:
LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

Check Out More Articles & Video on LA Kings Insider Here

Trevor Lewis & Todd McLellan 12/27/23 Post-Game Quotes:

Trevor Lewis
On what he felt changed tonight between the first 20 minutes and final 40 minutes

Having three days off, I think, we tried to get our legs under us in the first and then obviously got a little rust out and we got back to our game. Skating, forechecking and playing in their end a lot more.
On if winning a game like that is a sign of a good team
Yeah, I think so. I think after the first period, we came in and talked, said everybody let’s calm down and simplify things a little bit and then get back to forechecking. I thought we did that and we did a good job of it.
On his goal tonight and how he saw that play develop
Yeah, it was a great win by Lizzo and he just chipped it in and I just tried to get after it on the forecheck and turn pucks over. Fortunately we did and fortunately it went in.
On if he felt the two goals in 13 seconds were a turning point in the game
I think so. I think Kevin’s goal, it was a big response for us and then we went out and we scored again. I think that was a big momentum swing in the game and it got us going.

Todd McLellan
On what the message to the group was after the first period

A lot of times we’ll go in and try and give them something systematically or structurally to help them. It was simply they were faster, harder and more committed to doing things the right way than we were and there was no other adjustment we could give them. If they wanted to recover and pull themselves back into the game, they were capable of it and we saw it.
On the differences he saw in the team between the first 20 minutes and the final 40
Well, the exact opposite of what we didn’t see in the first period. I thought we were faster, I thought we were harder, we let the forecheck do some work instead of trying to be pretty going into the zone. Everybody got involved, more of a North/South game, a heavier game.
On how he felt Kevin Fiala responded to being benched in the first period
I thought it was a real good response, but we shouldn’t be put in that situation where we have to do that. We talked about it and we talked about it, those players have to play with risk in their game, we understand that, especially a creative guy like Kev, but it’s happening a little too often. It’s water under the bridge now. We all learn and I think he, for not having played a few shifts, he actually woke our team up, which sometimes it works in our favor too.
On the play of the Dubois and Lizotte lines tonight and as of late
Kopi’s line and Danault’s line, for the most part, other than moving Kev up there about 20 games ago, they’ve been able to stay together and play together for a long time and there’s a benefit to that. PL’s line, with injuries, as well as Lizzo being out, those two lines were in flux. They’re starting to gain some traction again and knowing how to play with each other is really important, chemistry as you said, they’re developing it.
On Adrian Kempe being drawn into tonight’s game and responding with two goals
I’ve said this to Juice, I think you're better when people are mad at you, not me, but the opposition and I’m sure there were a few guys mad at him tonight, he played physical. Sometimes the glorious chances you have don’t always go in, it can be the ugly ones like his second goal tonight.

2023_G32_Pic2.png

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject to Change
Lineups Courtesy of DailyFaceoff.com

2023-G28-KF.png

2023-G31-KD.png

2023-G31-KG.png

GOLDEN KNIGHTS PROBABLE LINEUP

2023_G32_VGKF.png

2023_G32_VGKD.png

2023-G32-VGKGI2.png

Former Kings

Michael Amadio
PS4-Amadio.png

Ben Hutton
PS4-Hutton.png

Alec Martinez
PS4-Martinez.png

Brayden McNabb
PS4-Mc-Nabb.png

___________________________________________________________________________________
2023_G32_GoalieComp.png
2023_G32_Pic1_Rittich.png

2023_G32_PlayerstoWatch.png

PACIFIC DIVISION STANDINGS
2023_G32_Standings.png

*VBookie BETTING THREAD HERE*

**Today’s Poll Question**

What will be the final score of the game?
(doesn't matter which team, just the score)
You can take 4 guesses

PART 2 FROM THE PREVIOUS GAME IS STILL IN PLAY - KINGS HAD 43 SOG IN YESTERDAYS GAME

Take your best guesses in your post below
the only Prize is the glory of seeing your name in the next GDT if you get it right.

PREVIOUS GAME’S WINNERS

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed Fiala for the first Kings goal:

CIrvine
Rog or Reg?
AngelEyes
Rusty
dannybuoy1
mugs
katydid213
randdog
Bill Hicks
Shackleford
Dr. Tran
VCRW
Kurisu

King of the Mountain with 21 points - Rusty

19 points = notbob

17 points = Angel Eyes, Cross Traffic

16 points = clif, forum gold, Nyssa42, VegasHockey

15 points = hornman, Randdog

14 points = CIrvine, hihocarp, Jerram, Kurisu, mugs, puckoff, SirJW

13 points = beady eye, Byron, Chateau Bow Wow, Dr Tran, Guinevere, katydid213, KHenry14

12 points = empire, JayWells24, Liz4LA, pray4mojo, VCRW, waynet

11 points = KernCoKingsFan, Shackleford

10 points = dannybuoy1, DRice, DRGinLBC, Rinkrat, Salty Puck, TooCool

9 points =

8 points = Bill Hicks, Madness20721

7 points = jammer06, Rogie-Vachon, Sevenhole, symbology

6 points = Busted Chops, rfischer

5 points = sonnyboy11

4 points = beedee, cokingsfan, Dexter, Ice24

3 points = Drums4Pigs, JETS GARAGE

2 points = Rog or Reg?, Ragbone

1 point = PuckMaster, STONE

2023_G32_Pic4.png

photos courtesy of LA Kings twitter

Last edited:
Can't believe this is already our last meetup with the VGK for the regular season. Pretty sure everyone is hoping for like 20 SOG by the Kings tonight? lol

Sorry for the late GDT posting - postimages website wasn't working last night so I couldn't insert the photos.

Going to be interesting to see who we get in goal tonight for the VGK. Thompson played vs. Ducks last night, so will we get Petera? Couldn't find out much info on their goalie situation other than Hill went out a couple games ago. Their "Morning Skate Report" is slim pickings.

Thanks Nyssa
5-2
2-1
4-1
4-0

Go Kings Go! Time to gain ground on the Golden Boys and give me bragging rights in enemy territory!

Back
Top Bottom