Lewis

gdtougas

Prospect
I watch every game. And every game I see the same thing w Lewis. Nothing. He is never a threat on the ice. I know, he is a “responsible player.” I know he doesn’t cost us games (except for Vancouver), But when a player brings nothing to the ice, I wonder what his purpose is. Killing penalties is not enough. Would like to see Kaliev. Especially when the team has a hard time scoring. Is he on the team because he is so close w Doughty. I hope not. Would like to see him start sitting.

I watch every game. And every game I see the same thing w Lewis. Nothing. He is never a threat on the ice. I know, he is a “responsible player.” I know he doesn’t cost us games (except for Vancouver), But when a player brings nothing to the ice, I wonder what his purpose is. Killing penalties is not enough. Would like to see Kaliev. Especially when the team has a hard time scoring. Is he on the team because he is so close w Doughty. I hope not. Would like to see him start sitting.
Problem with Kaliyev is he is one dimensional currently and when he isn't scoring he is contributing a whole lot - and this season he hasn't been scoring with a 6.3% shooting percentage which is even lower than Lewis'.

Additionally Lewis kills penalties and is one of only 5 forwards on the team averaging a hit or greater per game. He really does most things right, except finish.

Kaliyev needs to improve his overall game and give the Kings a reason to put him in the lineup even when he is not scoring. This season Lewis has done that, Kaliyev has not, and with Turcotte in the lineup (who also struggles at finishing but plays good 2-way hockey and creates scoring chances) there really isn't a spot for Kaliyev.

I was curious what a bad +/- is on a real pos team so I checked out the Ducks and Cam Fowler is -30. And Dubois is ever on his trail.

Lewis is not the same player he was 10 years ago, that's for sure! I've noticed the same thing with his play, certainly not a threat anywhere on the ice. He used to have a ton of speed, now it looks like he's skating in mud. Early in the season, his line had some great forecheck, low rotation, puck control, TOI shifts. I missed last night's game, but I'm hoping to see that line get back to that forecheck again. I think it took Blaze more than a few games to get back to being himself after injury, so now I'm hoping they get back to their style of play.

Lewis is who he is. He looks almost exactly the same as his first time around, albeit a tad slower from age. He plays a complete game and if he had any finishing skill whatsoever he would have been a star in the league. I'm sure he's one of the last players on the ice the coaches worry about.

Lewis played with a good bit of jump the first third of the season. That -- like many of the other Kings -- has fallen off. I doubt that we'll see improvement throughout the remainder of the season.

Lewis is where offense goes to die. For both teams. He plays his role well for league minimum. He isn't the reason the Kings do poorly; no more than Englund or Spence. He's responsible and will throw the body and is probably a pro in the locker room.

I feel like they only brought in Lewis to make Doughty happy through the divorce.

Kings are getting exactly what they want from him, otherwise he'd be a healthy scratch more often and one of the kids would be playing in his place.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back