Lewis

If you don't understand the value of quality role players, you might be missing so much more of this terrific sport than you know. It takes time to pick up on nuance.

If you rated every single King from expectations to results, Trevor Lewis would be perennially be at the top of the list.

If you don't understand the value of quality role players, you might be missing so much more of this terrific sport than you know. It takes time to pick up on nuance.

If you rated every single King from expectations to results, Trevor Lewis would be perennially be at the top of the list.
Whoa, pump the brakes. Lewis is good for cheap. Don't get carried away though and act all pseudo-intellectual. :)

Whoa, pump the brakes. Lewis is good for cheap. Don't get carried away though and act all pseudo-intellectual. :)
Lewis has been a vital piece to the bottom six and the PK. I can’t speak to his locker room presence but he’s long had the reputation of a great teammate and a role model for young players coming up through the system.

His leadership filled a void that was present on last year’s team.

If he really wants to hit that 1,000 game mark he should do it as a King.

Bring him back.

Lewis has been a vital piece to the bottom six and the PK. I can’t speak to his locker room presence but he’s long had the reputation of a great teammate and a role model for young players coming up through the system.

His leadership filled a void that was present on last year’s team.

If he really wants to hit that 1,000 game mark he should do it as a King.

Bring him back.
Trevor Lewis has the team's lowest Goals against per 60 minutes on the PK - a group posting the best numbers in the league.

He is an outstanding penalty killer.

His board work, forechecking angles and back pressures are the best on the team. He never cheats, always competes hard.

Essentially, fans who want to fill their fourth line with scorers spend too much time playing video games.

I watch every game. And every game I see the same thing w Lewis. Nothing. He is never a threat on the ice. I know, he is a “responsible player.” I know he doesn’t cost us games (except for Vancouver), But when a player brings nothing to the ice, I wonder what his purpose is. Killing penalties is not enough. Would like to see Kaliev. Especially when the team has a hard time scoring. Is he on the team because he is so close w Doughty. I hope not. Would like to see him start sitting.
Kaliyev over Lewis? It has been about 15 months since Kaliyev has contributed enough to this team. He was a healthy scratch during the last half of the season last year, and has been a healthy scratch off and on this year. You do remember that he kind of lost his spot this year because he was out played by a rookie? I feel that people remember the Kaliyev that was scoring and playing well through the first 2 months of the season (last season), but we have not seen that player since early December 2022.

Lewis, while not the perfect bottom 6 player on this team is the best option the Kings currwently have for a wing/center on the 4th line. No small improvement in offense is worth the larger loss of defense, leadership etc.

Kaliyev over Lewis? It has been about 15 months since Kaliyev has contributed enough to this team. He was a healthy scratch the last have of the season last year, and has been a healthy scratch this year. You do remember that he kind of lost his spot this year because he was out played by a rookie? I feel that people remember the Kaliyev that was scoring and playing well through the first 2 months of the season (last season), but we have not seen that player since early December 2022.

Lewis, while not the perfect bottom 6 player on this team is the best option the Kings have for a wing/center on the 4th line. No small improvement in offense is worth the larger loss of defense, leadership etc.

Yup, Kaliyev needs to outperform Lewis at this point to have a roster spot

They aren't competing for the same spot though.

Kaliyev's competition here is Laferriere, Turcotte, Moore, Fiala, Kempe and Byfield. By no means will he be killing penalties or be put in a momentun/forechecking role. Its score or sit, he offers nothing else.

Maybe you can argue that he deserves a shot over Turcotte, but the team needs to give him a run in order to see what they have in him. If Kaliyev wasn't coughing up pucks left and right between the dots and the blueline, or denting the glass, or dogging it on the forecheck and backcheck maybe he would get a longer leash.

Kaliyev's competition here is Laferriere, Turcotte, Moore, Fiala, Kempe and Byfield. By no means will he be killing penalties or be put in a momentun/forechecking role. Its score or sit, he offers nothing else.

Maybe you can argue that he deserves a shot over Turcotte, but the team needs to give him a run in order to see what they have in him. If Kaliyev wasn't coughing up pucks left and right between the dots and the blueline, or denting the glass, or dogging it on the forecheck and backcheck maybe he would get a longer leash.

Cant see Kaliyev outperforming Turcotte let alone the list u mentioned. Thus, Lewis, but I hear u

Nice to see someone else chime in about this. I was bringing that up early in the season and most folks here thought I was crazy and all was fine with his game. Obviously, all is not fine with Kaliyev's game or he would be playing night in and night out.

Last edited:
Kaliyev is a black hole. He’s clearly outclassed at the NHL Level. Watching him tonight, and he can’t stay with his check when they change direction.

Better to part ways and get an asset and give the kid a change of scenery, and maybe that will kickstart his career.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back