Lizotte

I’m wondering what the organization has in mind for Eric Portillo. A 23 years old first year pro but he’s definitely opening eyes after a slow start with the Reign. If Blake and Co. sees him as a potential NHL starter within 2 years it creates a slew of scenarios where older goalies are more attractive than prime aged and you’re going to find excellent value if older goalies with 2-3 years on a contract is on your shopping list.

Just thinking this through a bit, if a team wants off a contract like Gibson in Anaheim, have them eat 50% of the cap hit send back a prospect or two and a pick and you’ve got a guy who has a pedigree looking for a new opportunity on at a 3.2M cap hit for 3 seasons.
I think Portillo has to be the future. He's put up good enough numbers for a first year pro. I like the idea of pairing him with an older vet.
I'm probably in the tiny minority but I'd really like to bring Roy back. Our defensive style works because he is such a strong defender.

If he was about 6" taller he'd be the best player in the league. He's also really, really nice - met him at TSC when he was heading into the Keck Medicine area for treatment about 2 years ago.
I've been saying that exact same thing for the past two seasons. If he were six inches taller, he would dominate. As it is, he has relentless energy and the kid can take a hit as well as any player his size I have ever seen. He got hit so hard a few times I thought he'd end up over the glass in the stands.

Lizotte is the ultimate human Weeble. He always pops right back up.

In fact, they should make a Blake Lizotte Weeble. They already have a Nikolai Khabibulin Weeble, why not Blake? It makes sense and would sell like hotcakes.

shopping

I’m wondering what the organization has in mind for Eric Portillo. A 23 years old first year pro but he’s definitely opening eyes after a slow start with the Reign. If Blake and Co. sees him as a potential NHL starter within 2 years it creates a slew of scenarios where older goalies are more attractive than prime aged and you’re going to find excellent value if older goalies with 2-3 years on a contract is on your shopping list.

Just thinking this through a bit, if a team wants off a contract like Gibson in Anaheim, have them eat 50% of the cap hit send back a prospect or two and a pick and you’ve got a guy who has a pedigree looking for a new opportunity on at a 3.2M cap hit for 3 seasons.
The Gibby to LA thing has been floating around a bit. I guess they have to decide if he's an upgrade over Talbs or Big Save Dave. As for Portillo, liking what I see. There's potential for sure, just gotta hope he doesn't turn into Cal Peterson part 2.

Ladies and Gentlemen....I give you!!...the One!!....The Only!!...Blaaaaaazzzzeeee!!! Lizotte!!!!
Ooooooo Yeeeeeaaaahh!, You want some?!!!!!

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom