New Kings 'official supporter' group ROYAL ARMY

R

Rogie-Vachon

Lurker
I hate Vegas and their stupid drum line (among other crap)

Now - it seems - our Kings are attempting to instill some sort of: Soccer Game / Vegas Drums / Support Group in section 303.

Questions: Anyone belong to this new group?
Is this going to be a positive?
Are we LA Galaxy on ice?
Is this spokesperson - DJ Baltazar - the same dude who sells Dodger themed 'Hooligan' gear?
Or is this another WE ARE UNITED theme song effort?

https://www.nhl.com/kings/news/la-kings-welcome-royal-army-to-staples-center/c-326184578

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember receiving an email reminding me that it was happening and if I want to move away from them, I can. I sit in 304. Ugh.

I mean, I don't know. How big is this Royal Army thing anyway? I'm sure they're trying to copy the Predators (which also started in section 303 for them). The Royal Army has always technically been around and whatever they chant will never get the casuals to join in anyway. So unless they expanded drastically, I'm not too concerned. But I am annoyed that they'll be in the next section.

200.gif

I have zero interest in this. The whole chanting and drumming is annoying enough at a soccer game, this could be really bad inside Staples. I hope it dies a quick death.

I was at the scrimmage on Saturday at TSC and they were there. It got pretty old pretty quickly, for me at least, and, frankly, gave me a headache after a little while.

Aaaand the in-game experience is taken to another level of suckage.

Hard to believe...."in-game experience" is what keeps me from attending games anymore. Loud, obnoxious and lame. I'm not sure how to apply an adjective to "another level" of this crap.

jom

Supports groups/sections.............for Ice Hockey?!?!?!!?!? lolz!!!!!

"......and we have reached a new low."

Supports groups/sections.............for Ice Hockey?!?!?!!?!? lolz!!!!!
They do this in some parts of Europe, as a carryover tradition from soccer. It makes for a great atmosphere because it is grass roots and spontaneous. This is... not.

They do this in some parts of Europe, as a carryover tradition from soccer. It makes for a great atmosphere because it is grass roots and spontaneous. This is... not.

9309b4875e9dd08a2aae3265de5d7eb0.gif

*for context in this episode they are bucket drumming so they can afford more drugs, which I wholly support but this **** is the worst.

Wait, Fire Blake, final answer.

LGK any time the in-game experience is mentioned:

FQg.gif

Yes, yes valid point and maybe we are all just being pills about the noise level. Acknowledged. But, remember the 2006 World Cup game were Zidane headbutted that midfielder from Italy in the Final of a tie game (receiving a red card) and all you could hear were those stupid plastic horns? That's how I feel an empty Staples Center with just bucket drummers playing is going to sound like: annoying, even at a crucial moment.

Claws: Did not know it was a web series but the Comedy Central version is on Hulu, so check it out. Fun fact: I'm totally as weird as Illana but fail like Abbi. My life is hard but the end results are hilarious. =)

Claws: Did not know it was a web series but the Comedy Central version is on Hulu, so check it out. Fun fact: I'm totally as weird as Illana but fail like Abbi. My life is hard but the end results are hilarious. =)
I checked it out and it's exactly like the web series. Has a little bit of an American Fleabag vibe.

The only time I liked the commercial break festivities is when they would put on the jumbo tron 4 songs and you would cheer for the one you like. Van Halen was one selection and won but they played the Sammy Hagar version of the song. Never heard Staples BOOOOOO so loud. :24smile:

Your join date suggests you might have missed this whole off-season:

Uh, chalk that up to the trappings of success, fan art. Dear lord. Someone's dad paid a lot for that studio in the basement and that guy was just trying his best. *eye roll*

Claws: It took me a minute to figure out what "America Fleabag" was, thought it was a Philip Roth book I did not read. Got it now. Yes, the sophistication level is a tad different (probably due to the 10 year age difference-both are having age appropriate life shenanigans) but yes, I can see where you are coming from. Nice. Glad you liked it.

4aa7daed16b102ace32f17cb6dafc560389fb70c.jpg

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back