***Playoffs Rd 1, GM 4 GDT - Oilers vs. Kings 4/23/23 >>6:00pm<< on BSW & TBS***

Kurisu

O Captain, My Captain!
This just gave me another reason to cheer for a win in this game:

"Korpisalo on finally getting to play in the playoffs in front of a full crowd
That crowd was electric. We just fed off of it and just seeing the building erupt on the last goal, it was pretty cool. I had never played playoffs in front of a crowd before, so it’s really good, it’s fun. You’ve got to enjoy that."

You going tomorrow Nyssa?

This just gave me another reason to cheer for a win in this game:

"Korpisalo on finally getting to play in the playoffs in front of a full crowd
That crowd was electric. We just fed off of it and just seeing the building erupt on the last goal, it was pretty cool. I had never played playoffs in front of a crowd before, so it’s really good, it’s fun. You’ve got to enjoy that."

You going tomorrow Nyssa?

yes, I loved that quote, too. And, yes, I am going tomorrow! Hopefully get to stay for the whole game this time - my daughter got a terrible migraine last game & we had to leave after the 1st period.

(I told her I am going to use that against her for the rest of my life, lol! I get bad migraines, too, so I know how much she really needed to leave, though.) It was super weird & surreal watching the 3rd period & OT on TV after having been there for the 1st period.

Oh, and, not sure if they showed it on TV, but Bob Miller started the game off by banging on the "Go Kings Go" drum in the arena. I'm hoping it's Brownie for tonight's game!!

Last edited:
Thanks Not Melf for the GDT!!!!!

It would be cooler if the Oilers didn't score half the time they are on the PP with how little calls they think they are getting.

Thanks Nyssa!!!

With a long break between games 5 and 6*, could Fiala be ready for game 6*?

Thank you Nyssa!!

Was there any word on if Lizotte could return for this one?

lakings.com has no link or news of any injuries; espn.com lists Lizotte as day to day, but Fiala isn't listed as injured on that same exact page, so the Kings apparently not updating the NHL or anyone else as to the status of injured players. Why doesn't lakings.com even have a note on the roster page for day to day injuries? all they have is an asterisk to annotate injured reserve, and nobody has the asterisk. Frustrating.

Note: what used to be lakings.com is actually nhl.com/kings

Thanks Nyssa!!!

With a long break between games 5 and 6*, could Fiala be ready for game 6*?
Is Fiala out tonight? I read on NHL.com Fiala could return for game 4.
Either way LET'S GO KINGS! KEEP IT ROLLING!

Thank you, Susan et al!

Moore scoring the winning goal meant so much to our Thousand Oaks community, providing badly needed relief from the shock and sadness that gripped us after the tragic events at Westlake High School.

GKG!!!

Really need this one.

I love our chances of advancing if we win tonight.

Thank you Nyssa!!

Was there any word on if Lizotte could return for this one?

Dennis Bernstein
@DennisTFP
from LAK AM skate:
- Fiala red no-contact jersey but skater with main group
- Lizotte red no-contact jersey skated after main group

Thanks , Nyssa!!

BIG GAME - Super stoked to feel the energy again @ Crypto this evening!

Here's to getting ANOTHER lead, and building on it! Cheers! GO KINGS GO!!!!, GO KINGS GO!!!!, GO KINGS GO!!!!

Thank you, Susan et al!

Moore scoring the winning goal meant so much to our Thousand Oaks community, providing badly needed relief from the shock and sadness that gripped us after the tragic events at Westlake High School.

GKG!!!

100% :grouphug:

They are a frustrated, 2 line team with a rookie in goal.

WE GOT THIS.....

GO KINGS

Scoring the 1st goal will set the tone of the rest of this game. You can’t expect to come from behind every game. Get a quick one and build off it. Win this game and you win the series.

I’ve seen some comments from Oilers fans about Kings players diving. I’m genuinely confused. Who do they think is diving on the Kings and which penalties have they drawn from the dives???

I’ve seen some comments from Oilers fans about Kings players diving. I’m genuinely confused. Who do they think is diving on the Kings and which penalties have they drawn from the dives???

From what I have read, the most complaints were about the Nurse tripping Arvy incident - accusing him of impersonating a soccer player.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back