***Playoffs Rd 1, GM 6 GDT - Oilers vs. Kings 4/29/23 >>7:00pm<< on BSSC & TBS***

Nyssa42

jammer's overlord
Staff member
TEAM LGK
***Playoffs Rd 1, GM 6 GDT - Oilers vs. Kings 4/29/23 >>7:00pm<< on BSSC & TBS***

LGKCrown2.png

Playoffs-Logo-Kings-Edited-Small.jpg

PLAYOFFS Game Day Thread
Round 1, Game 6
4/29/23

TONIGHT’S GAME IS ON BALLY SPORTS SOCAL & TBS
at 7:00pm Pacific

2023-Playoffs-Rd1-G6-Oilers-Home-Logos.png

R1-G6-Team-Stats.png

Edmonton Oilers vs. Los Angeles Kings

at
Crypto-logo-175-for-real.png
| Los Angeles, CA

Fan Fest Starts at 4:00pm at LA Live

R1-G6-Fan-Fest.png

OILERS LEAD SERIES 3-2

Previous Meetings

04/25/23 — Kings 3, Oilers 6
04/23/23 — Oilers 5, Kings 4 (OT)
04/21/23 — Oilers 2, Kings 3 (OT)
04/19/23 — Kings 2, Oilers 4
04/17/23 — Kings 4, Oilers 3 (OT)

**Game Time 7:00pm**

MEDIA.jpg

TV:**BALLY SPORTS SOCAL & TBS**

Radio: LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

Round-1-Schedule.png

Check out articles on LA Kings Insider Here

Anze Kopitar, Adrian Kempe, Sean Walker & Todd McLellan (video) 4/25 Post Game Quotes

WatchTodd McLellan’s Post Game Interview Here

Anze Kopitar on the message coming out of tonight, heading into Game 6
Certainly not the game we wanted to play tonight. You know the result, it is what it is now, but we’re still going home, obviously down 3-2, but we are going to play a lot better than that.
Kopitar on getting to the first intermission 3-2 and the feeling in the game at that point
Yeah, a couple of errant plays and a penalty that we certainly didn’t need and they were able to score a couple goals. Coming in at 3-2, we felt like it was anybody’s game.
Kopitar on what the Kings can do better to halt Edmonton’s momentum when they start to roll
I just think we’ve got to play more assertive, right from the start of the game. It’s the start that we didn’t want tonight and didn’t need tonight. More desperate and a lot more assertive.

Adrian Kempe on his assessment of what went wrong tonight
We’ve got to clean up some stuff from tonight. I think our play in our own zone wasn’t good from the start. [We have to] try to stay out of the box as much as we can, it’s a big factor, they got two tonight on the power play, so that was a big factor as well. Other than that, I think we’ve got to keep playing aggressive. I haven’t really thought about the game too much right now, but we’ll go back and look at it tomorrow and then see what we can do better.
Kempe on how the group tried to make in-game adjustments to change the game’s momentum
It’s been going back and forth all series. I think the energy was still there, I think we responded pretty well after the first couple of goals in the first period and obviously then when they got another one on the power play, the momentum changes and goes back to their side. It’s tough to go back and forth that way, but I think overall we’re not happy with the game tonight.
Kempe on showing more aggression when Edmonton turns over shifts in the offensive zone
Yeah, I think so. I mean, they’re a good team, they have some really skilled players, so it’s hard when they have it, but I think we showed last game when we played our best, that we can be aggressive and we can turn pucks over and go the other way. That’s something that we have to continue to do, but it wasn’t there enough tonight.

Sean Walker on making his postseason debut tonight
Yeah, it’s great [personally], obviously it would have been nice to be with the guys last year, with the injury and all I couldn’t, but I was happy to get in there. Hopefully, next game I can contribute a little more to helping the team get a win.
Walker on the jump in intensity from his last game in the regular season to tonight’s Game 5
Yeah, it was obviously pretty intense, pretty big game. Coming into a building like this, the intensity is pretty high playing against a team like that, pretty tight-checking, pretty physical. I felt like I handled it well, me and Durz played pretty well I thought, we read well off each other, but, obviously we’ve got to be better.
Walker on how he can rely on his skating ability to match the high pace of the game
Yeah, for sure. I think there were some times tonight when I was trying to keep it a little too simple. I haven’t played for four games, so just trying to be a little bit simple. Going into next game, make some more plays and hopefully have a better outcome.

R1-G6-P3-Kopi.png

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject To Change

FORWARDS
R1G6KF.png

R1G6KD.png

R1G1KG2.png

R1G5KI.png

Oilers Probable Lineup
courtesy of dailyfaceoff.com

FORWARDS
R1G6OF.png

R1G6OD.png

R1G1OG.png

R1G2OI.png

Former King

Jack Campbell
8475789.jpg

GOALIE STATS

R1G6GSK.png

R1G6GSO.png

PLAYER STATS

Click Here For More Stats & Rosters

2023-R1-G6-Oilers-Home-Player-Stats.png

***Give, Get & Bet your karma in geogirl’s KARMA BETTING THREAD HERE***

There are also betting threads for all the other series in Home Ice

R1-G6-P1-Iafallo.png

Last edited:
Thanks once again Nyssa for the wonderful Game Day Thread. I sure hope it's not the last of the season!

Beat the dirty, greasy Oilers. I'm sensing a big game from Kempe.

Go Kings Go!

I would absolutely love to see the 22-13-19 line step up and be the difference maker in this series. Because it absolutely has the talent to do so.

Thanks Not Melf for the GDT!!!!

I hope it's not the season finale for the Kings.

Thank you Nyssa!

Gonna be the reverse retro tonight, if we go down at least Ill look good.

I'll be there! Bookies don't seem to think we have much of a chance tonight, but to heck with em. Oh, and since I didn't get a chance in previous threads, will take this opp to say a big congrats to VegasHockey for the excellent first place finish in our regular season GDTs. Nicely done!

Go Kings!

Lineups updated - still feel like that's probably not what TMac will go with, but it's what Daily Faceoff has listed, so I'm running with it. Probably won't have time to make any other changes should other lineups surface.

Switching out to plain white undies tonight. And different clothes that the previous 2 games. I'll be rocking 315 with my Trevor Moore "Thousand Oaks Native" shirt and I think I'll go with the Doughty jersey.

GO KINGS GO!!!

take it to 7!

GKG! It ain't over till we say its over!
Kempe and Fiala with big bounce back games...Korpisalo comes up huge, take it back to EDM for game 7!!!

remember that time we were down 0-3 in every series

well that team was a lot better

but we only down 1. gkg.

remember that time we were down 0-3 in every series

well that team was a lot better

but we only down 1. gkg.

I had this thought the other day too for some reason - but it didn’t happen. We’re down 0-3 for one series and three series went to seven.

I had this thought the other day too for some reason - but it didn’t happen. We’re down 0-3 for one series and three series went to seven.

you know i honestly have no idea why i always think they were down 0-3 3 times. i literally lived thru it, and have looked it up many times, but for some reaosn i always go back to thinking they were all reverse sweeps. lol.

you know i honestly have no idea why i always think they were down 0-3 3 times. i literally lived thru it, and have looked it up many times, but for some reaosn i always go back to thinking they were all reverse sweeps. lol.

I just thought it was so weird that I literally just thought it and had to correct myself lol.

Maybe, I don't know, maybe hit Bouchard a few times?!?!?!
Dude is skating carefree and he is the lynchpin of their D.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back