***PLAYOFFS Rd1 Game 5 GDT Kings @ Oilers 5/10/22 7:00pm on BSSC & ESPN2***

Let's finish this Thursday and put an end to the embellishment lolers

The way it ended made that horrible Oilers comeback so worth it. The commentary buzzing around was that this was classic McDavid, possibly his greatest playoff game, putting the team on his back and willing them to tie it up and go for the win. Then Kempe beats him up the boards and puts it away before the Oilers could even get a shot.

Special teams are what they are right now but for this team to dig in like this and not fold is so inspiring. It’s what you want your team to do in spite of flaws, injuries, and gaps in talent. That’s the character of a winner and with that in place the rest of the players and special team fixes and development will get there. Close it out Thursday now and really show you have what it takes this round Kings!

I am laughing so hard picturing you running around a hotel room trying not to scream with 6 cats all looking at you like you're insane :lol:

Yes, this happened. I felt bad for a second when they ran to the corner of the room and stared. It's a surprisingly big room at least so I had room for laps.

Anybody else have trouble getting on right after the game ended because the server crashed? Must have been a lot of happy Kings fans!!

Great game by Juice. I was in the car to my game for most of the first. Got to hear Nicks call on the Stecker goal. Then it was dark until we were off the ice (we won 2-1 in OT, Yay) where I checked my phone and saw the third had started and it was 3-2. Told the boys I had to jet and got into the car in time for the double minor and the PP goal by Danault. Then is was nervous times on the road for the comeback. Made it home during intermission where I turned on the game and caught the game winner by audio as I was putting out my gear. Great way to end the night considering it was a **** day at work.

Trying to temper whatever level of expectations I'm getting. There was always a chance the Kings could win a series against this team and the way they've been winning was part of the script. It's great to see Kempe get on track again and alleviate some of the pressure from Danaults line. Lizzotes crew is chipping in with some very timely work. The back end is doing just enough. If you remember some Sutterisms he used to talk about how each victory in a series is harder than the last one. They can't play the same game and expect to win a third game in a row against this team. It's going to get harder. Here's to hoping the team finds enough to close this thing out. Getting Juice on track is a big help. If their PP can negate the 1 goal advantage edmonton special teams is putting up that will go a long way (and stop giving up shorties!).

Good luck to all of you at the crypt on Thursday.

One con from the game was the bad game management with 3-1 lead. Specifically, AA was really lazy on backchecking and taking McDavid?s time and space away and no excuse there as AA can keep up with McDavid skating. I don?t think I saw AA after that shorty.

Anyway, he scored a goal and contributed but he has to know those types of things are critical.

All good, just one more game. Stick to your game, Kings. The oilers despise a 5 on 5 grinding game. They are so uncomfortable in that setting and are literally saved by special teams.

Let?s get this done!

Wonderful rollercoaster ride! Lizzotte, to me, is the spirit of this team. Lunch pail guy with an exceptional work ethic. DB had the occasional derp moments, but was actually seeking contact and with a great assist to AA. Edmonton is special teams personified, but a rather ordinary 5x5 team. We can do this...stay outta the box and get ready for the next series.

Interesting footnote to the series:

Zero lead changes and two ties so far.

So we need to score the first goal again Thursday. We do not want to go back to Edmonton Saturday.

Still can barely talk...voice is trashed from screaming all night. Got a last minute invite to a watch party...a catered affair with BBQ from Woody's. What a night!

I don't know how Dominic Moore could talk with McDavid's dick in his mouth the whole game. That was the most lopsided commentary I have ever heard on a game even including the early years of Hayward. All he could say was what Edmonton would do to come back and if the Kings would score it would be because Edmonton gave them that one.

I don't know how Dominic Moore could talk with McDavid's dick in his mouth the whole game. That was the most lopsided commentary I have ever heard on a game even including the early years of Hayward. All he could say was what Edmonton would do to come back and if the Kings would score it would be because Edmonton gave them that one.

Tonight Dallas and Calgary get the **** show known as Moore and Hextall. They are beyond incompetent. Her call is just awful. It shows how spoiled we were with decades of true pros like Bob and Nick where they can convey so much with a mild inflection in their voice. Leah has only 2 speaking levels-- normal and maximum shouting. Could Moore be a bigger clown? He was clearly trying to push the McDavid and Draisaitl narrative. It was like he was trying to set the stage for calling his own "Instant Classic" game except: 1) he totally was forcing it and 2) Kempe had other plans.

After Ottawa let Pierre go this week, I'm thinking you add McGuire as the ice level guy with Hextall+Moore and then have them call a Kings-Penguins game which is only on ESPN+. Listening to that would be worse than the nine circles of hell.

Trying to temper whatever level of expectations I'm getting. There was always a chance the Kings could win a series against this team and the way they've been winning was part of the script. It's great to see Kempe get on track again and alleviate some of the pressure from Danaults line. Lizzotes crew is chipping in with some very timely work. The back end is doing just enough. If you remember some Sutterisms he used to talk about how each victory in a series is harder than the last one. They can't play the same game and expect to win a third game in a row against this team. It's going to get harder. Here's to hoping the team finds enough to close this thing out. Getting Juice on track is a big help. If their PP can negate the 1 goal advantage edmonton special teams is putting up that will go a long way (and stop giving up shorties!).

Good luck to all of you at the crypt on Thursday.

Agree with you mostly jammer. I will say that Danault's line set the table on the Kempe GWG. That first shift was total domination and Kempe was the beneficiary of a worn out McDavid and old man Duncan Keith. Danault is so good, he makes the team better even when he is resting on the bench.

After Ottawa let Pierre go this week, I'm thinking you add McGuire as the ice level guy with Hextall+Moore and then have them call a Kings-Penguins game which is only on ESPN+. Listening to that would be worse than the nine circles of hell.

You're giving me nightmares!!!! (and I'm laughing so hard at this!)

This is such a weird series if you think about it. As bad as our PP is, theirs feels almost automatic. Even our PP feels vulnerable to their PK'ers because we're such a mess there.

And then 5 on 5 is the exact opposite. We can clearly frustrate them and control the game when playing within our system with everyone doing just enough small things.

And we've had so much line shuffling, I couldn't even tell you which ones are 1-2 or 3-4. It's just been generally top 6 and bottom 6.

But despite all that, probably the most enjoyable part has been seeing so many different people step up in key situations.

With a couple key acquisitions, all this seasoning is going to bake into an exciting team going forward.

E
Agree with you mostly jammer. I will say that Danault's line set the table on the Kempe GWG. That first shift was total domination and Kempe was the beneficiary of a worn out McDavid and old man Duncan Keith. Danault is so good, he makes the team better even when he is resting on the bench.

That first shift in OT was truly awesome. And you could sure tell that Juice enjoyed making the entire Oilers team look like mannequins.

The pairing of Danault and Moore completely changed the fortunes of this team. Those guys have clicked with every 3rd forward who has been added to their line. And when/if Arvy comes back, they will be back in their best possible combination offensively and defensively.

Hope the Kings can remain in these playoffs long enough for the most potent line to be whole.

Last edited by a moderator:
E

That first shift in OT was truly awesome. And you could sure tell that Juice enjoyed making the entire Oilers team look like mannequins.

That's been their problem. The Oilers (so far) can't play 5 on 5...they really look weak or rather the Kings make them look weak. The Kings problem, of course, are their "special" team play which is pretty bad as well.

BTW, the Oiler fans should be happy because if the Kings happen to win this we'll be doing them a favor. Their loss will mean they won't suffer the embarrassment of getting their ass kicked by the Flames.

jom

WORST commentating I have ever experienced. He also bashed drairsaitl the entire first two periods and then became his Hero and was so proud of himself for it. Even stating at the beginning of OT to Hextall: "You know you want to call a hat trick game winner." or something along those lines. I did however really like PK Subban on the intermission reports.

WORST commentating I have ever experienced. He also bashed drairsaitl the entire first two periods and then became his Hero and was so proud of himself for it. Even stating at the beginning of OT to Hextall: "You know you want to call a hat trick game winner." or something along those lines. I did however really like PK Subban on the intermission reports.

I really wanted PK to win a Cup in NSH. One of the great personalities in the league. Sorry his career is just about done now but he’s a shoe-in for a brilliant broadcast career ahead.

Back