GDT ***Playoffs Rd1 GAME 5 GDT LA Kings @ Edmonton Oilers 5/1/24 7:00pm on BSW & ESPN***

I stopped reading after they thought Durzi on his offside was better than Gavrikov. BTW, how's Toronto's rebuild coming along after 57 years? They are with the times right?
Maybe read it again? Not sure it states that. I just re-read it, or glanced through it. He said Durzi on his left side with Roy worked well. When Gavi came in he would have preferred to see Durzi still on his left side paired with Walker. He did not like them putting Edler in the lineup over Walker.

Please share where he said Durzi with Roy over Gavi with Roy. BTW, Gavi with Roy was good last year. This year, not so much.

BTW, I thought Durzi and Roy was a decent pair. Durzi with Edler was ugly.

Maybe read it again? Not sure it states that. I just re-read it, or glanced through it. He said Durzi on his left side with Roy worked well. When Gavi came in he would have preferred to see Durzi still on his left side paired with Walker. He did not like them putting Edler in the lineup over Walker.

Please share where he said Durzi with Roy over Gavi with Roy. BTW, Gavi with Roy was good last year. This year, not so much.

BTW, I thought Durzi and Roy was a decent pair. Durzi with Edler was ugly.
Durzi was terrible. QED.

Durzi was terrible. QED.
At times, yes he was awful. He was also young and inexperienced. Boy did he make some stupid decisions though. However, he also helped the PP tremendously.

Anyway, I guess the article did not say what you claimed it did?

Last edited:
I didn't agree with his criticism of Andreas Englund. I thought he brought some physical play and was the only King willing to fight and stand up for his teammates.
I realize that he has his limitations but I like what he brings to the table for the amount he is being paid.

~ArkyKingsFan~

I didn't agree with his criticism of Andreas Englund. I thought he brought some physical play and was the only King willing to fight and stand up for his teammates.
I realize that he has his limitations but I like what he brings to the table for the amount he is being paid.

~ArkyKingsFan~

Englund is very effective and good at what he does. I think the author would have preferred Blake get a different type of D. On the left side the Kings have 3 levels of mobile D. Not really mobile, less mobile than that, then even less mobile. Englund is the latter.

Englund made some good plays against the oilers, but he also lost the puck at the blueline a few times to many.

Dallas is a good team for a lot of reasons, but one of them is their D core. They are very mobile and skilled compared to the Kings. They are able to push the puck up quickly and help move the puck around the zone. Englund in the zone can only try to get the puck to the net, or dump it in the corner. No other options. Gavi is only a little bit better than that. Mikey offers a little bit more.

Last edited:
I’m definitely keeping an eye on Jim Montgomery in Boston. Bruins are on the brink of another first round disappointment. If that happens Jim will certainly get the ax and whoever is in charge of the Kings needs to get him in for an interview.

Good article re: his coaching style.

Reminder the 2022-23 Bruins were the highest scoring team in the league and won 65 games.

I’m definitely keeping an eye on Jim Montgomery in Boston. Bruins are on the brink of another first round disappointment. If that happens Jim will certainly get the ax and whoever is in charge of the Kings needs to get him in for an interview.

Good article re: his coaching style.

Reminder the 2022-23 Bruins were the highest scoring team in the league and won 65 games.
The article also provides some indirect praise for Berube since he was the bench boss when Montgomery was the assistant and they remade the Blues from LA Kings Central (i.e. a heavy team) to a movement-based team generating chances off the rush.
What would the Kings offense and PP do when Montgomery bad mouths their favorite shot?
Low-threat attempts include an unscreened fling from the half-boards or a shot from the point with no traffic. Montgomery considers these examples a waste of time. They are turnovers if the goalie catches the puck and hands it off to a teammate.

Remember the beginning of the season when the Kings were competing with the Rangers for best record in the league, and The Oilers looked like they’d miss the playoffs??

Yeah, me neither.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom