Playoff Series Stats

2022-PO-Game-3-Oilers-Home-Stats.jpg

**Game Time 7:00pm**

MEDIA.jpg

These start times are for the pregame
Playoffs-Broadcast-Schedule.jpg

TV:**BSSC & TBS**

Radio: LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

POG3-P2-Kopi.png

Check out articles on LA Kings Insider Here

Anze Kopitar, Matt Roy, & Todd MacLellan 5/4/22 Post Game Quotes

Link to Anze Kopitar Post-Game Video

https://twitter.com/i/status/1522081409556525057

Matt Roy
On the struggles on special teams tonight in Game 2

Yeah, they’ve got a good power play and they were cashing in on it tonight. We took a penalty right off the hop in the second and they got a goal there. It’s tough to come back from that. Any game you play in, giving up a shortie is tough. We’ve got to look at those.
On the line between being physical and taking too many penalties
I mean, I think we’re finding that out as we go. I think everyone knows what crossing the line is in the playoffs, but we just need to keep playing hard and see how the refs are calling it.
On the team’s excitement to get home for Game 3 with a 1-1 split
Yeah, for sure. We know that we can play, we know that we can win. We’re a confident group and we’re excited to head back home. We obviously wanted this one, but getting one is huge and we’re excited to get back to our fans and play in front of them.
On moving beyond tonight’s game quickly
It’s a seven-game series. I think we knew going in we weren’t going to go 16-0 in the playoffs. We just need to put it behind us and move forward.

Todd McLellan
On if the Kings can have a learning opportunity at this time of the year, or if it’s just a lopsided loss

It’s both. First, sometimes you tip your hat to the opposition, they played a really good game. Secondly, that’s called experience tonight. A lot of guys had their eyes opened up as to what playoffs are all about and others were reminded of what playoffs are all about. It happens in series, it happens more often than you think. We’ve got to go home now, recover, get some rest and we can play better than that.
On where the Kings fell short in playing to their identity tonight
There are some things that have to happen to win games. We have to win faceoffs, we have to pass, our passing was horrendous tonight, it was as bad as I’ve seen it in a long time. We know that we can fix that. Then, just playing with a bit of pace and your pace comes through your passing, so those are areas that I think we can fix. We can talk about it and discuss, and when you don’t have that going, you usually don’t have a lot of your game going.
On the start tonight and his thoughts on the opening 20 minutes
Yeah, our best chance was probably Iafallo’s opportunity on the power play, where it hit the post and the crossbar, but we did have two power plays that didn’t gain us a lot of momentum. Where the game changes is they get their power play and score and then they get the shortie and that shortie was a tough one to swallow. It’s a puck we should have been able to keep in on the half wall, all the momentum is going up with some of the best players in the world on the ice. If we just keep that puck in we have an opportunity to attack down low, but we don’t. That certainly changed the flow of the game, but they were the better team. It didn’t matter what we did in the second or the third, they were the better team.
On potential tweaks that can be made on the power play
With the power play, we’ll sit down and we’ll look at it. We moved Dubs in there a little bit, we had Lizzo on the ice with Brownie, so there were some things. Our power play is what our power play is. If anybody in this room, or anywhere else, thinks we’re going to reinvent the wheel on the flight home tomorrow, we aren’t. They have to execute and get the job done. If we execute at 16 percent like we did during the year, that might even be good enough, but operating at zero and giving up a goal is unacceptable.
On the small picture of tonight’s loss but the big picture of the 1-1 series split
We’re in the playoffs, we feel damn good. You used small and big picture, we don’t feel real good right now, we just got drilled on the road, but we’re man enough to admit it and we’re going to try to go and fix things, but we’re getting the chance. There’s a lot of teams right now that wish they had this opportunity to recover from a 6-0 loss and we have it. I think I said this morning, we’re not just here to gain experience, we’re here to try and win this thing. We have to fix some things and give them a game in Game 3.
[/I]​

POG2-Pic3-Durzi-Kane.png

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject To Change

FORWARDS
POG3KF.png

POG3KD.png

G80KG.png

Kings Injuries

Drew Doughty (IR)
Sean Walker (LTIR)

Oilers Probable Lineup
courtesy of dailyfaceoff.com

FORWARDS
PG1OF.png

PG1OD.png

G73OG.png

PG1OI.png

NO Former Kings

GOALIE STATS

POG3GSK.png

POG3GSO.png

PLAYER STATS

POG3PSK.png
POG3PSO.png

WESTERN CONFERENCE WILD CARD STANDINGS

Screen-Shot-2022-05-01-at-11-07-59-PM.png

***Bet your karma in geogirl’s KARMA BETTING THREAD HERE***

There are also betting threads for all the other series in Home Ice

Last edited:
I hate to say it but I see a major blown lead at some point in this series due to the inexperience of the players. 1998 Game 3 against the Blues and 2011 Game 3 against the Sharks come to mind. I already predicted a butt kicking to happen. Hopefully by sharing my thoughts on it, I just jinxed it from happening.

LOL [MENTION=2706]NastiMarvasti[/MENTION]! I was at that game in 98 and and if it wasn't for that fool Koharski, the major would have never been called!

Thanks, Nyssa!!!

I see a good bounce back from this team, just like we have all season long after a blowout.

GO KINGS GO!!!

Where the F is ARVI!?!?!

Out of the loop. Has Luc created a playoff theme for today? Are we BROWNING* out the Oil? If we're not, key-rist man, I'm doing your job.

*wearing brown would be funnier but brown gear will do in a pinch.

Me: Brown (color)shirt, nut brown ale (bonus points: being latina) and not making a feces joke.

Good Luck tonight guys! Right this ship!
Go Kings!!

call me crazy but i think we get a big game out of Q tonight ... though it could be the pot of coffee talking .. or the excitement that my oldest boy wore my dwight king signed jersey to school today .. haha

Thank you Nyssa! I'm hoping the Kings rebound and get a win tonight!

Only non zero stat for Kopitar is a -1 on the +/-. If that doesn't improve, likely gonna be a short series. Here's hoping for a Kings PP goal, otherwise their goon squad will run rampant...again.

Swap Vilardi for you know who tonight please.

We can only hope.

Coach Todd sure makes some head-scratchers at times. Like not changing up personnel on what may very well be the Worst Power Play in NHL History. But I digress...

...we need to score some goals to win. Even if Quick only allows one goal, zero goals losses every time. Simple math.

And please make life hard on The Flopper. I know that's Smith's modus operandi, but man that flop Wednesday was bad. Watching the replays, it's actually borderline slapstick comedy. How could the refs not see that??

I saw on twitter last night that they are bringing back Black Parade. Meh..... How about something NEW for our NEW team???
Anyway, I hope it's a good game. 1st ever playoff game for my daughter to go to, and my only other 3 playoff games in person were the "Geoff Courtnall Ruins Jamie Storr For Life" game, a win over the Sharks in 2013 (game 3, I think), and then the final game of the 2018 debacle against Vegas, so my track record is not very good.

Last edited:
Close, tight game tonight....Go Kids.

GO KINGS

:brown::brown::brown::brown::brown::brown::brown::brown:

:bmario::bmario::bmario::bmario::bmario::bmario:

I?m praying they win because Paul Bissonette is a douchebag. That?s all.
GKG

I saw on twitter last night that they are bringing back Black Parade. Meh..... How about something NEW for our NEW team???
Anyway, I hope it's a good game. 1st ever playoff game for my daughter to go to, and my only 3 playoff games in person were the "Geoff Courtnall Ruins Jamie Storr For Life" game, a win over the Sharks in 2013 (game 3, I think), and then the final game of the 2018 debacle against Vegas, so my track record is not very good.

I wish I could go tonight...my playoff record is stellar: Miracle on Manchester, Frenzy on Figueroa, 1993 Calgary elimination game (9-6 Kings!)...unfortunately, I saw that Game 3 debacle in the Finals against Montreal, but all-in-all, I'm way above .500.

Still hoping I can make it Sunday. Hard to believe I haven't seen a Kings game in three years, the longest drought ever.

For everyone going tonight:

Be As Loud As Humanly Possible!

It's Oaks day, been gambling already for 3 hours, gonna be a mess by the time this one starts. Yall might wanna put me on mute for this game.

Thank you Nyssa!!!

Well the Mayor just said the Raz is in, in-place of QB. Which is good because Raz is super physical and fast af! Especially when he's been on the bench for a few! GO KINGS GO!!!

Well the Mayor just said the Raz is in, in-place of QB. Which is good because Raz is super physical and fast af! Especially when he's been on the bench for a few! GO KINGS GO!!!

This is good to hear. The kids hustle has gotten noticeably better throughout the season.

Back to a tight game tonight which I think bodes well for the Kings if the refs don't call too many penalties on us!

Since I live out of state I won’t be attending I can suggest a silver dome theme for the crowd. Paint your hair or head silver to match the teams chrome domes.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back