Pliny the Elder!

GoEz

Prospect
I know it' recently been tapped earlier this month and I know of a few places here in the South Bay that has it (Naja's in Redondo), but wondering if I could find it at say Yardhouse or somewhere else by Staples? Or if you know some other good spot to have a taste feel free to share that as well.

Pliny the Younger is the harder one to try. Piny the Elder is tapped ofted at Beachwood BBQ in Seal Beach and other places.

I think you are referring to Pliny the Younger, which was tapped earlier this month. Pliny the Elder can be found at many Craft Brew places. Beachwood is having a charity raffle for Pliny the Younger, with tickets being sold through tomorrow. A few of the places that regularly sell Russian River beer will probably have a limited release of Pliny the Younger in the next couple of weeks, but it will go quick.

What they said.

You can also drive up to Russian River today...but you better hurry. Today is the last day.

WOOT!

Tuesday, Feb. 19 - Mohawk Bend. Tapping Pliny the Younger and doing RRB flights of both PTE and PTY as well as Blind Pig (which is my favorite). I am probably going to make a point of taking a business trip to LA that day just to drop in....Only been here twice and I've been able to overlook the hipster element to be able to enjoy the buffalo style cauliflower, poutine, and a few pints of outstanding craft brew. I kinda like this place.

About | Mohawk Bend

Tuesday, Feb. 19 - Mohawk Bend. Tapping Pliny the Younger and doing RRB flights of both PTE and PTY as well as Blind Pig (which is my favorite). I am probably going to make a point of taking a business trip to LA that day just to drop in....Only been here twice and I've been able to overlook the hipster element to be able to enjoy the buffalo style cauliflower, poutine, and a few pints of outstanding craft brew. I kinda like this place.

About | Mohawk Bend

I haven't tried Pliny the Younger, but I do rate Blind Pig above Pliny the Elder. I won't turn either one down, when I see them on tap.

That's awesome. I prefer Pig to Elder as well. It seems like most true craft beer drinkers have that opinion. Just an observation.

The Whole Foods by my house has both Pig and Elder in bottle. I'll have to give them a try.

Thanks for the recommendation.

D

Been looking for anywhere in HB area that taps either BP or The Elder, I know Hollingshead deli in Orange gets the Younger now and then, but have not been by lately.

That's awesome. I prefer Pig to Elder as well. It seems like most true craft beer drinkers have that opinion. Just an observation.

I like 'em both, but I prefer Blind Pig b/c it's just a tad bit more balanced IMO. Plus, the lower ABV makes for a longer afternoon/evening of imbibing......:19smile:

Eureka Burger in Claremont rotates between Blind Pig and Elder pretty frequently, so usually one of them is on tap. I have info that they have a keg of Younger in the cellar, but they are being very hush hush on when they will tap it. I'm hoping that because of all the cookies I bring to the bartenders I might get at least a little notice.

539829_466696036731426_1997544415_n.jpg

hardcores started lining up for the PLY at Haven Gastropub in Pasadena this morning, at 6AM. the pub opened at 11AM. photo courtesy of Haven.

Last edited:
539829_466696036731426_1997544415_n.jpg

hardcores started lining up for the PLY at Haven Gastropub in Pasadena this morning, at 6AM. the pub opened at 11AM. photo courtesy of Haven.

How ridiculous. No beer is worth a 6 hour, much less a 1 hour, wait. I say this as a hardcore beer lover. And I'll repeat - NO BEER is worth that sort of wait.

Stormy, you are much of a beer aficionado as I am, but when I say hardcore, I mean it.

I went to 38 Degrees at 9:30 the other day and what did I see? a line, 100 deep. fuggeddit.

Stormy, you are much of a beer aficionado as I am, but when I say hardcore, I mean it.

I went to 38 Degrees at 9:30 the other day and what did I see? a line, 100 deep. fuggeddit.

I'm with you there - fuggeddit. I'd head to the nearest local and find another well deserving crafty to imbibe. Puh-lenty of great beers out there to be had for no wait and not too many ducats.

There is no wait to get into my cellar and my beer fridge, both of which are fully stocked.

Well, I was just notified that I won a pint of Pliny the Younger at Beachwood Barbeque. I have until March 3rd to redeem my winning ticket. Much better than a 6 hour line.

How does that work? Kegs of PtY blow the same afternoon they get tapped.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom