Pliny the Elder!

Finally got to try the Younger today and even with all the hype, it is a delicious beer. Gotta love living in a small town that loves beer!

10984601_899935553361826_4313605704562613131_n.jpg

i just got back from the bay area and i visited the russian river tap room. had white lies, salvation, STS pils and blind pig on tap.

brought this home:
IMG_6118_zps1a0a0266.jpg

missed the boat on younger, but oh well. all of the above are/were pretty good!

LOL. i was in a hotel and that was the only game/channel i got. that was actually a good game against the caps. :)

LOL. i was in a hotel and that was the only game/channel i got. that was actually a good game against the caps. :)

nice...i love 21st Amendment when I am up in the bay area. One of my girls goes to Cal, so i can go on many road trips!!

nice...i love 21st Amendment when I am up in the bay area. One of my girls goes to Cal, so i can go on many road trips!!

ya, great beer, wish it got any kind of distro down here. i actually didn't have time to visit the brewery. i can only take my 5 yr old to so many, lol, so we only visited russian river. we go to the bay area at least once a year, so i will probably do 21st amendment next time. it is otherwise, super easy to buy at any grocery store up there. :)

ya, great beer, wish it got any kind of distro down here. i actually didn't have time to visit the brewery. i can only take my 5 yr old to so many, lol, so we only visited russian river. we go to the bay area at least once a year, so i will probably do 21st amendment next time. it is otherwise, super easy to buy at any grocery store up there. :)

yup hard to find in so cal. Bev mo will have it sometimes. I think the restaurant was kid friendly. Also go across the street to The American Grilled Cheese Kitchen across the street. =)

yup hard to find in so cal. Bev mo will have it sometimes. I think the restaurant was kid friendly. Also go across the street to The American Grilled Cheese Kitchen across the street. =)

well, every single time i go to SF, i eat at the slanted door in the ferry building. i usually fast all day and then pig out on a family style meal there, lol. and 21st amendment IS indeed super close by. it just so happened that the one day we spent in the city, we drove across the golden gate bridge (first time in 18 years and first time for my kid) to go to santa rosa for russian river. then we drove down the coast from half moon bay to santa cruz and went to sacramento for business. if i end up in SF for more than a day, i will for sure check out the american grilled cheese kitchen because i LOVE me some cheese. :)

oh and i never shop at bevmo anymore because i kind of hate how they keep all their beer on warm shelves. :-/
and the guy who works the whole foods beer dept has gotten to recognize and know me enough to put aside bottles of pliny for me so he's won me over. lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Had it the other weekend over at Lucky Baldwins in Pasadena. It was pretty good... not as good as some have been making it out to be.

Finally got my hands on some Younger this year at 38 Degrees in Alhambra. I know many have said no beer is worth waiting that long in line for, but I had to do it. It was a tasty triple IPA but certainly not earth shattering.

But that's okay, I can finally say I've tried it, and I'm good with that. Funny thing is, I got there early in the morning (8:00 am) just to get a ticket that would allow me to come back later and get a flight of RR beers including the Younger. But when I came back a few hours later to get a table and the flight, people were just showing up and getting the flight without a ticket. Lesson learned for next year, if I choose to do it again.

I DEED IT! I finally got to try Pliny The Younger. Slater's 50/50 in Anaheim Hills has it today. They're selling flights of Younger, Elder, Blind Pig, & Row 2 Hill 56. I got here about 2 hours before the tickets went on sale, which was early but OK since it's my day off. Anyway, I know it's close to the point where the hype overtakes the reality. But it's really an excellent beer. I thought it would be super hoppy but it's not. It's actually pretty smooth with a bit of fruitiness. Not that I mind hoppiness. But anyway besides this flight I also had Damnation, Elder, & Pig on tap. And all of them are terrific . But Pliny the Younger wins & is definitely worth it.

Lucky Baldwin's three locations will have the Younger on tap at three subsequent dates.

There right now. This year's seems a little better than last year's.

Back
Top Bottom