***Preseason Game #4 LA Kings @ Vegas Golden Knights 9/27/23 7:00pm on NHL Network***

Great win by the Baby Kings. I was listening to the game at work from XM. But right after Thomas scored his 2nd goal it cut out. So I didn’t even know they won or that he got a hat trick until I got home. I’m so glad the Kings came back & I’m so happy for Akil. I think he was forgotten about because of his injury. But I’m hoping he makes the team or gets called up a lot.

Did anyone catch that quote from Stone about the hit from Hodgson? He said “That’s probably the last time I’ll ever play against that guy. He’s not much of a player.” What a classless thing to say. I hope next time we play Vegas in the regular season Hodgson gets recalled just for that game & crushes him again.

Great win by the Baby Kings. I was listening to the game at work from XM. But right after Thomas scored his 2nd goal it cut out. So I didn’t even know they won or that he got a hat trick until I got home. I’m so glad the Kings came back & I’m so happy for Akil. I think he was forgotten about because of his injury. But I’m hoping he makes the team or gets called up a lot.

Did anyone catch that quote from Stone about the hit from Hodgson? He said “That’s probably the last time I’ll ever play against that guy. He’s not much of a player.” What a classless thing to say. I hope next time we play Vegas in the regular season Hodgson gets recalled just for that game & crushes him again.
A hattrick against that lineup puts Akil in the conversation, as of now anyway, for the 13th forward. He needs to clear waivers just like JAD and Fagemo and neither have done enough in their careers so far to have a significant edge. Really going to come down to the best camp for these three.

Was at the game and the biggest takeaway that I noticed was Brandt Clarke. He looked good out there, and should only get better. He took on a leadership role and was calling plays each time he was out there. Watching him play reminded me of Scott Niedermayer.

I didn't watch but wow did the rookie Kings beat a full VGK roster? Or were they like a half squad?

Reactions: HTK
I didn't watch but wow did the rookie Kings beat a full VGK roster? Or were they like a half squad?
It was typical preseason so probably 2/3 to 3/4 the real squad. They had Brisson on the top line so that was a bit unusual but the point of preseason is for teams to audition their first round draft picks. Meanwhile the Kings had their AHL squad or worse. That was an interesting comeback and then great victory.

lol, Stone's face as he gets back up
I replayed it a few times and even made my wife look up from her book to check out Stone's face. That guy was extremely mad about getting hit in a preseason game.
The other funny clip from the same sequence was Stone locked up with Clarke. Stone was still steaming mad and just absolutely barking at Brandt. Meanwhile Clarke is there with a sheepish look trying to make himself as small as possible.

Wow, I was able to listen till the end of the 2nd... I was pleasantly surprised that our B/C squad was not getting crushed when I went to bed... Checking the score I saw the OT results, and my brain just assumed we lost, but I was impressed we forced the overtime nonetheless...When I watched the game summary on youtube, I was *genuinely* shocked that we had actually won!!!

What an unexpected gift of a morning! lol

I replayed it a few times and even made my wife look up from her book to check out Stone's face. That guy was extremely mad about getting hit in a preseason game.
The other funny clip from the same sequence was Stone locked up with Clarke. Stone was still steaming mad and just absolutely barking at Brandt. Meanwhile Clarke is there with a sheepish look trying to make himself as small as possible.
Yeah, Clarke looked a little scared but of course baby Stone trying to intimidate a 20 year old because he got rocked by another kid.

After so many months of no hockey, a great comeback with a little bit of everything was a treat, especially for a pre-season game!
Worth losing my VBookie $1000 bet for VGK lol

I was at the game with my wife and it was simply the BEST to watch the Reign beat the defending champs in their own barn!!
I felt like T-mobile arena was a bait and switch, it looks great from the outside, but it felt cheesy and cheap on the inside. The sound is awful. The 200 section's vantage points remind me of the SAP Center, no bueno.

They had most, however it wasn’t a full NHL squad. Barbashev, Karlsson, Amadio, Roy, Carrier, Theodore, Whitecloud and Hague did not play

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom