***Preseason Game #8 San Jose Sharks vs. LA Kings in UTAH GDT 10/05/23 6:00pm on BSW***

I had just typed, "Great save, Copley!" into the Chatbox right before the Not great save.
I questioned if I really wanted to tempt fate. Oh well, looking like another Copley 1-goal game. Is there any other kind?

Blinked & I missed it! Yay, Kempe!

“Beat LA, Beat LA” Bwahahah what happened teal guppies??

That "Curve" on Kempe's stick will get him in trouble....eventually

Byfield gets less and less benefit of the doubt with every game. I just don’t see the high end skill we were promised.
Byfield had a good game and is showing positive progress. He also looks much more aggressive when it comes to taking the shot instead of just passing it off. That said, he still lacks a scorers touch.

Granted he is currently the weakest member of the top line, but he looks like he belongs on the line which is a huge step forward in itself and shows a high degree of skill. There were a couple plays with both him and Kopi posted up in the crease with the defenders unable to clear them out while either Doughty or Kempe acted as facilitator from the high point which made me smile in anticipation of what that line combination can do this season. They won't be an easy line to play against.

Clarke looks out of his depth on NHL ice at this point. Probably needs at least a full season in the AHL, maybe even two.. his skating is definitely suspect and he’s not going to win many foot races if he bobbles the puck at the blue line.

Byfield.. what can I say? I’m pretty both Grundstrom and Lizotte will score more goals than him this season.

It’s a noticeable difference to have more of an ‘energy’ type forward like Laferriere out there with PLD and Fiala. Turcotte might look good at there bird dogging for them, as would guys like Grundstrom or Lizotte. I’m not sure kaliyev is a great fit for them.

I'm really liking PLD & his chemistry with Fiala. I also think Laferriere is better with them than Kaliyev. And he might not score as much as the other 2 but Byfield belongs on that top line as much as anyone else would. On defense I always thought Spence should get RD3 over Clarke & I'm more sure now. OTOH, I thought Bjornfot would get the LD3 spot over Englund but now I think the opposite. Although from what they said on the broadcast, Bjornfot might stay up regardless since they don't want to lose hime to waivers. And I'm not too thrilled with Copley's performances so far. But if he allows 1 goal less than his opponent that should be OK. But Talbot looks more like the #1.

Anyway, great win by the Kings. Even if it doesn't count. I hope this carries over into the regular season. Not just the wins but the individual performances. Kempe especially looks like he's becoming a superstar & should be mentioned with all the other top players in the league.

Byfield.. what can I say? I’m pretty both Grundstrom and Lizotte will score more goals than him this season.

I was thinking this exact thing….if it were Grundstrom playing on the top line with prime ministers- how many points would he have had?

here's the thing with Byfield... everyone wants the Kings to put guys in a position to succeed. Then when they don't immediately light it up, everyone wants them swapped to the 4th line with grundstrom. Just let the guy play and stop worrying about whether he turns into Stutzle.

PLD in person is giant and fast. I think we are all going to like him a lot. He had a couple of great rushes in Tuesday's game, and he wasn't even trying that hard
its the not trying very hard part of his game that has us worried.

its the not trying very hard part of his game that has us worried.
At least twice last night I noticed he stopped playing once someone hit him. Concerned me a bit.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom