12/19/23 -- Kings 4, Sharks 1
2023-G31-Team-Stats.png

**Game Time 7:00pm**
2023-G31-Pic1.png

MEDIA.jpg

TV:**BSW**
Radio:
LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

Check Out More Articles & Video on LA Kings Insider Here

Alex Laferriere & Todd McLellan 12/23/23 Post-Game Quotes:

Alex Laferriere
On if he felt his goal was a result of making his own luck with his play before that moment

Yeah, you could say that. I think I’m just trying to get pucks to the net right now and and try and get my linemates the puck and stuff like that. I think just being direct and obviously that was a pretty lucky bounce, but those happen every once in a while, so I’ll take it for sure.
On the developing chemistry and performance of his line with Dubois and Kaliyev
I think me and PL have been together pretty much the whole year and then obviously our other other linemate has been switching up. I think Arty fits in really well and for me and PL and Arty too, I think we’re just trying to be direct and focus on getting pucks on the net. We all like to score goals, so I think that’s something that our line can do especially well, but I think as dynamic of a player PL is, I think just trying to get him the puck too coming through the zone, is something that I’m focusing on too.
On if he feels like his line has generated more chances, overall, than the production may show
Yeah, definitely. I think the points and that stuff will come, but I think as long as we keep creating those those chances, I think we’ve definitely out-chanced our opponent when we’re on the ice the past couple of games, so I think just trying to try to keep that going.

Todd McLellan
On the penalties taken in the third period and how it impacted the third period

We don’t want to play it like that. I don’t know when it was, but from the 7, 8 minute mark of the second period on, I think we took six minors or five minors. It really, for as good as our penalty kill was, and we gave up on, it took a lot of players out of the game and it overtaxed others.... At least we paid the price to get it done and we’ll move on.
On his assessment of the power play in tonight’s game
PL’s goal is a real good power-play goal in my mind, because there was a hunt mentality, there was a strip, there was a directness, there was some attack to the net, with the deflection there was a screen nearby. That’s often how it happens. You don’t just it set up and move pucks around. After that, I was disappointed in the power play. To give up that shorthanded goal the way we did, they really didn’t have to earn it, we gifted it to them. So, our power play has to sharpen up in my mind if we want to have future success.
On how he feels Dubois has handled himself when going through a scoring drought
He’s been pretty even keel since he’s been here. It’s not too high, it’s not too low, which is a sign of a veteran-type player. The team has had a good chunk of success while that was going on, so he handled himself well, but he’s had numerous chances. Tonight, he had scored on the deflection, but some of the shots he had, the breakaway, the rebound, the re-attack to Laf could have been multiple points just in that scenario. He had a quick a couple of quick wrister from the slot area that just missed by an inch or two. He, in my mind, looks dangerous right now offensively and that’s a good sign.
On an impressive empty-net goal from Byfield
Well, he did what he does now, he skates. We saw him win the race, but it was also off an icing, so some of those players were tired. I’m not sure, initially, that he thought he should be in that race and then when he decided, he won the race. It’s an asset of his, he uses it all over the rink. He also used his reach and length there and got body position. So, those three elements on an empty-net goal, basically those are character traits of his right now.
On heading into the holiday break coming off a win vs a loss
This is going to sound strange, but win or lose, I want them to go and enjoy their families. They deserve that, they’ve earned the right. They’re human beings, they’ve got little ones that are going to know that Santa arrived, families in town and that is really important an we promote that, we want that. It’s a little easier to do with a win, but if we were standing here [after a loss], I’d still tell you the same thing. I want them to go enjoy their families. It’s important.
On what he’s learned about his team from Game 1 through Game 30 tonight
We were talking in the coaches room that tonight was a good win for us. It was a tough, hard game, it didn’t go necessarily the way we wanted it to the whole night, but we won that. I felt, early in the year, we were winning some games where we didn’t have a lot of adversity in them, it wasn’t a lot of situations where you’re you’re biting your nails and that type of stuff. So, I think these some of these games are good for us to play, it reminds us how hard it is to win.

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg
Subject to Change
Lineups Courtesy of DailyFaceoff.com

2023-G28-KF.png

2023-G31-KD.png

2023-G31-KG.png

SHARKS PROBABLE LINEUP

2023-G31-SF2.png

2023-G31-SD.png

2023-SGI2.png

NO Former Kings

___________________________________________________________________________________
2023-G31-Goalie-Comp.png

2023-G31-Players-To-Watch.png

PACIFIC DIVISION STANDINGS
2023-G31-Standings.png

*VBookie BETTING THREAD HERE*

**Today’s Poll Question**

Part 1 - Who is going to score the FIRST KINGS GOAL in tonight's game?
You can take 4 guesses

Part 2 - TWO GAME QUESTION -
How many TOTAL SHOTS ON GOAL will the KINGS get in TONIGHT AND TOMORROW night's games combined?
TWO GUESSES ONLY

+/-3 = 1 point, +/-2 = 2 points +/-1 = 3 points, dead on = 4 points
ONLY YOUR CLOSEST GUESS WILL COUNT FOR POINTS

Take your best guesses in your post below
the only Prize is the glory of seeing your name in the next GDT if you get it right.

PREVIOUS GAME’S WINNERS
Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed 7 pts
by all the European born players in the previous game:

Chateau Bow Wow
Jerram
Byron
rfischer
KHenry14
puckoff
JayWells24
forum gold
notbob
CIrvine
Nyssa42
Clif
Bill Hicks
randdog

King of the Mountain with 20 points - Rusty

19 points = notbob

17 points = Cross Traffic

16 points = Angel Eyes, clif, forum gold, Nyssa42, VegasHockey

15 points = hornman

14 points = hihocarp, Jerram, puckoff, Randdog, SirJW

13 points = beady eye, Byron, Chateau Bow Wow, CIrvine, Guinevere, KHenry14, Kurisu, mugs

12 points = Dr Tran, empire, JayWells24, katydid213, Liz4LA, pray4mojo, waynet

11 points = KernCoKingsFan, VCRW

10 points = DRice, DRGinLBC, Rinkrat, Salty Puck, Shackleford, TooCool

9 points = dannybuoy1

8 points = Madness20721

7 points = Bill Hicks, jammer06, Rogie-Vachon, Sevenhole, symbology

6 points = Busted Chops, rfischer

5 points = sonnyboy11

4 points = beedee, cokingsfan, Dexter, Ice24

3 points = Drums4Pigs, JETS GARAGE

2 points = Ragbone

1 point = PuckMaster, Rog or Reg?, STONE

2023-G31-Pic2.png

photos courtesy of LA Kings twitter

Last edited:
Thank you Nyssa!

First Goal
no goals
Kempe
Moore
Lizotte

Part two

Hope everyone is surviving this week.

Kempe
Fiala
PLD
Lizotte

69 or 70

Thanks Susan!

On a side note, looking forward to a more 'condensed' hockey schedule. At this point the Kings have played the least amount of games of any team in the West. With five games in hand on the teams ahead of them in the division, the Kings need to make up some ground and this is the opportune time to do it.

It's time for the Kings to put the pedal to the metal and find another gear.

Kempe
Kopitar
Moore
Grundstrum

64, 68

Back
Top Bottom