***Seattle Kraken vs. LA Kings GDT 12/20/23 7:00pm<< on TNT & BSW***

My concern is they are losing to good teams besides the Kraken. They have played three teams over 500 in the past two weeks and have lost them all, one in OT. A team that is on the border of being a good team took them to a SO and then beat them in regulation on the road.

And he’s a -1.
Connor McDavid is -1, Jack Hughes is -2 and Artemi Panarin is -4. I seriously doubt the fans of Edmonton, NJ and NYR are saying that they are what’s wrong with their team…

Yes, Fiala takes A LOT of unneccesary penalties, but he is far from being ”the problem” with this team IMHO!

Last edited:
My concern is they are losing to good teams besides the Kraken. They have played three teams over 500 in the past two weeks and have lost them all, one in OT. A team that is on the border of being a good team took them to a SO and then beat them in regulation on the road.
They ran in to a red-hot goalie, that happens!

Being a fan since 92, if I would be worried about this team I would have to have serious dementia and not remember all the long years when we really had reason to be worried…

They’re having a fantastic season so far, enjoy!!!

It wasn't about effort. It was about execution, or lack thereof, and coaching. The Kraken were anticipating every careless cross-ice pass the Kings tried making in center ice or the o-zone. They were especially attuned to Fiala's penchant for making lazy plays in the middle of the ice.
I totally agree execution is the issue. Kraken looked much more like the Kraken of last year than they did on Saturday. They made adjustments and the Kings did not after the first period.

The effort comments from me are addressing the poster in this particular conversation. His initial post called the “Kings” lifeless. I thought that was over the top. Though again, I did overshoot just how much of the game the Kings were goalied vs. failing to get to the net and consequently get second chances. That didn’t happen.

Connor McDavid is -1, Jack Hughes is -2 and Artemi Panarin is -4. I seriously doubt the fans of Edmonton, NJ and NYR are saying that they are what’s wrong with their team…

Yes, Fiala takes A LOT of unneccesary penalties, but he is far from being ”the problem” with this team IMHO!

They are recovering from a horrible start. It’s not comparable.

They are recovering from a horrible start. It’s not comparable.
Yes, the start of the NYR has really been terrible…

My point is that the plus/minus stats are a crappy and shallow way to judge players!

I agree it can be, if player is good but team is terrible or he mainly plays against top line of other team. Neither apply to Fiala.

Creative and risky players like Fiala are gonna have turnovers. It’s the price of doing business. But it can hit a point where the risk outweighs the reward.

Also, I only brought up plus/minus to point out that being the top scorer doesn’t always mean you’re not a detriment out there.

The Kings woes are not all on Fiala. It just seems he’s a massive liability this season.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back
Top Bottom