***Seattle Kraken vs. LA Kings GDT 12/20/23 7:00pm<< on TNT & BSW***

Daccord with 79 combined saves vs. 82 shots against the Kings in the last two matchups. You hate to see it.

Sigh. We aren’t playing bad at home, just this inability to win at home is becoming a thing. Frustrating.

We just got playoff hockey from the Seattle Kraken.....one more time, the Seattle Kraken and we couldn't keep up. I don't care if it's a back to back.
They wanted revenge and we bowed. Literally lifeless and owned until there were 4 minutes left in the game.

How do you not get pissed?

Tanev singlehandedly killed that power play. Just a poor effort all around, and no support at all for Talbot. They should be really embarrassed with that effort tonight.

We just got playoff hockey from the Seattle Kraken.....one more time, the Seattle Kraken and we couldn't keep up. I don't care if it's a back to back.
They wanted revenge and we bowed. Literally lifeless and owned until there were 4 minutes left in the game.

Bowed at 40+ shots? No, goalied hard. Wanted to see more net crashing but that’s an after game correction. Plus the hockey god goal of a bouncing puck off a faceoff win to a rookie’s skates for the Kraken’s first. Happens.

There are losses that really p*ss me off but this isn’t one of them. Daccord won that game in the first period and sometimes that’s just hockey. But Kings win more games than they lose playing like that so that’s why I’m not mad.

I do think it being a back-to-back matters, but I hate the uncertainty the Kings play with in the offensive zone. No grit whatsoever, just perimeter play all night long. Dubois is on an island by himself and looks completely lost out there. Fiala . . . what the hell happened to him? His play is atrocious. He just outright loses the handle on the puck now and I’m starting to consider him a greater liability than Durzi. As it stands, Dubois and Fiala are like novelty items: it’s kinda cool that they are here but they don’t actually do anything useful, and if anything they hurt the team.

Bowed at 40+ shots? No, goalied hard. Wanted to see more net crashing but that’s an after game correction. Plus the hockey god goal of a bouncing puck off a faceoff win to a rookie’s skates for the Kraken’s first. Happens.

There are losses that really p*ss me off but this isn’t one of them. Daccord won that game in the first period and sometimes that’s just hockey. But Kings win more games than they lose playing like that so that’s why I’m not mad.
100% spot-on.
Just like the Caps game in November this is all about a goalie single-handedly winning the game. I'm not remotely upset either. It's hockey. It happens.

I'm beginning to think Fiala doesn't seem to gel with Danault and Moore out there, what with Arvidsson out on LTIR. Maybe putting him back with PLD could help him recapture the form he had earlier this season. But Todd won't do that until Arvy is back at 100% health. So for now, we'll have to endure Fiala and PLD toiling away with their sloppy and uninspired performances. Also, the loss of Durzi, Vilardi, and Kupari has really negatively affected the Kings performance on the PP this season. Sure, the PK has improved thanks to Lewis being back, but that's the price Blake paid in order to retool this team.

Back
Top Bottom