MEXICAN HERITAGE NIGHT

Previous Meetings

03/04/23 — Blues 2, Kings 4
10/31/22 — Kings 5, Blues 1

**Game Time 7:30pm**

MEDIA.jpg

TV:BSW

Radio: LA Kings iHeartRadio app

Please remember, DO NOT post links to Live Game Streams in the GDT or anywhere else on LGK

Check out articles on LA Kings Insider Here

Joonas Korpisalo (video), Drew Doughty, & Todd McLellan 3/25 Post Game Quotes

Watch Joonas Korpisalo’s Post Game Interview Here

Drew Doughty on beating Winnipeg by playing Kings hockey tonight
Yeah, we talked about it before the game, they’ve scored a lot of goals against us this year and we wanted to tighten that up. There’s a chance we can play them in the playoffs, you never know, so we wanted to tighten that up and we did a great job and I thought Korpi played amazing in net.
Doughty on the importance of maintaining that style and approach into the postseason
Yeah, most definitely. I think that for the majority of these games we’ve won, we’ve kind of outplayed the other team for almost 60 minutes and that’s an important thing to be able to do, to take into playoffs. That’s not the only way you can win in playoffs, but that’s a big part of it. I really like the way we’re playing right now, but we got to keep it going as the playoffs approach.
Doughty on his goalscoring production here over the last five games
I mean, I definitely looked at my goal total and was like I’m not going to be worse than my first year in the league. I definitely haven’t been happy about it all year, it’s been something that’s been frustrating me and the puck is just going in, you know how goals are you know, you get hot at times and obviously I’m a little bit hot right now with scoring goals. It feels good to finally get back on the score sheet, but I don’t want to waste them all before playoffs come, that’s for sure.
Doughty on the PK late in the second and starting the third period strong
The guys that started the third, that was an important part of the game actually. Right off the bat, they got the puck in the zone and I think they might have gotten a scoring chance and they had some offensive-zone time and we got the offensive-zone whistle. That was a critical part to the game. Going back to Lizzo’s penalty, that’s one that we would’ve loved to kill off all five minutes, but our PK was stellar tonight. I was really proud of our PK, it’s unfortunate they got one goal, but when a guy like Lizzo gets a penalty like that, a guy who does everything for us, we were very determined to kill that one for him. It’s unfortunate we didn’t get it done.

Todd McLellan on the team’s approach in winning today’s game against Winnipeg
[Important] to beat any team, but I thought tonight we played pretty much the game that allows us to have success. The penalty kill got a little too much of a workout, but it did a really good job against a power play that’s one of the top ones on the road and we were able to find a way to score one on a very good goaltender. Our team play, as a whole, was where it needed to be.
McLellan on if he felt the Kings “got the engine going” right off the bat
I think for the most part we did, yeah. We were on our toes, we were aggressive, winning some races to the puck and the impressive thing is we didn’t try and extend it out and stay too long, we handed off a good shift. When our team is playing well, we can stay ahead and do that. We scored first, which always favors us, but then the penalty kill had to go to work and that’s where they got a little bit of life. Maybe they didn’t score but they got back into it energy wise at that at that point.
McLellan on the progress of this group over an extended stretch, leading into this winning streak
I think our progress is just a reflection of what’s always been there. That type of play, that we’ve been playing with lately, was in us earlier in the year but we just didn’t quite want to grasp it. We wanted to try it a different way, sometimes it takes a while to figure it out, but right now we’ve figured it out to this point and it’s going to get a lot tougher going forward.
McLellan on filling in for Lizotte after the penalty and getting the kill for him
Yeah, we talked about that. Losing Lizzo is hard to begin with, because he’s energizes our team. He does a lot of really good things and I thought he energized our penalty kill tonight, everybody wanted to kill for him. We talked about dismantling some of the lines, obviously Quinton can play in the middle, Gabe can play in the middle, Mooresy’s played in the middle, but we also wanted to run Kup a little bit more, get his minutes up to see if he could handle it. He did a really good job. We juggled around a little bit and got through it.
McLellan on if Doughty is doing anything differently leading to 4 goals from 5 games
I think it’s shooting it more, he’s hitting the net more, he’s shooting it. Interestingly enough, when you think of Drew’s shots, normally you think of him scoring with that big slapper and [now] they’re quick wristers, quick snappers, a foot off the ice through traffic, hitting the net and making the goaltender work. It’s going in for him right now.
McLellan on the pride taken from the stretch of allowing two or fewer goals this month
That is something that we can hang our hats on and that we’re pleased about. Again, I don’t go in and trumpet it in the locker room, but we take a lot of pride in that. We feel like we’ve got to protect the goaltenders and help them out, the D and the forwards, and a lot goes into that. Shot blocking, faceoff coverages, breakouts, shift length, you can go on and on, it goes into defending. That we will acknowledge and that we will keep preaching for sure.

showimage.php

Probable_Lines_zpsswj8xudo.jpg

Subject To Change

G73KF.png

G73KD.png

G73KG.png

Kings Injuries

Blues Probable Lineup
courtesy of dailyfaceoff.com

G73BF2.png

G73BD.png

G73BG.png

No Blues Injuries

Former King

Brayden Schenn
8475170.jpg

GOALIE STATS

G73GSK.png

G73GSB.png

PLAYER STATS

Click Here For More Stats & Rosters

2023-G73-Blues-Home-Player-Stats.png

WESTERN CONFERENCE STANDINGS

G73-WConf-Standings.png

Tonight’s Poll Question:

Part 1 - in which period will the Game Winning Goal be scored? (1,2,3, OT, SO)
One guess only for this part

Part 2 - Who is going to score the GWG?
You can take 4 guesses per team

Previous Game’s Winners

Yesterday’s questions are 2-game questions, but there are more questions for tonight’s game above.

Poll Win Totals

King Of The Mountain
with 56 points:

VegasHockey

52 Points

srm1105

51 Points

50 Points

Kurisu
Rusty

49 Points

LeftyKing

48 Points

sonnyboy11

47 Points

AngelEyes

46 Points

DRice
hornman

45 Points

Bill Hicks

44 Points

John a90

43 Points

forum gold
randdog

42 Points

pray4mojo

41 Points

beady eye

40 Points

Chateau Bow Wow
DRGinLBC

39 Points

Helvetica
jammer 06
Liz4LA
SirJW

38 Points

CIrvine
TooCool

37 Points

36 Points

35 Points

34 Points

33 Points

Nyssa42

32 Points

31 Points

30 Points

hihocarp
Rogie-Vachon

29 Points

dannybuoy1
JETS GARAGE
notbob

28 Points

empire

27 Points

26 Points

Clif

25 Points

KHenry14

24 Points

JayWells24

23 Points

kingsmen93
Sevenhole

22 Points

21 Points

kingrussell

20 Points

waynet

19 Points

Dr. Tran
Shackleford

18 Points

RoS

17 Points

Byron

16 Points

Cross Traffic

15 Points

14 Points

13 Points

12 Points

11 Points

Busted Chops

10 Points

kopinator

9 Points

Dirtweazle

8 Points

beedee

7 Points

6 Points

5 Points

Dexter

4 Points

3 Points

HTK
salami
STONE

2 Points

05/29/93
jneol67
KingzLA
PuckMaster
SaltyPuck

1 Point

cokingsfan
HiFi
Ice24
Joe Laviguer
mugs
puckoff
RagBone
Rinkrat
twistedwrister

***Get, Give, & Bet your karma in geogirl’s KARMA BETTING THREAD HERE***

Last edited:
2nd

Kopi, Kempe, Vilardi, Moore

Kyrou, Buchnevich, Saad, Thomas

Last edited:
GWG in the 2nd

Wiktor
Kempe
Danault
Grundstrom

Thomas
Saad
Vrana
Toropchenko

2nd period

Arvidsson
Kempe
Kopitar
Iafallo

Kyrou
Buchnevich
Thomas
Saad

2nd period

Kopitar
Kempe
Arvidsson
Moore

Kyrou
Schenn
Buchnevich
Saad

3rd period

Kopitar
Kempe
Vilardi
Danault

Kyrou
Buchnevich
Thomas
Schenn

Thank you Nyssa!

Gwg in third

Kempe
Arvidsson
Kopi
Kupari

Kyrou
Schenn
Buchnevic
Thomas

3rd period

Kopitar
Kempe
Arvi
Danault

Kyrou
Schenn
Buchnevich
Saad

2nd period
Arvi
Kempe
Grundstrom
Vilardi

Kyrou
Schenn
Saad
Buchnevich

2nd period

QB
Kempe
Arvidsson
Moore

Kyrou
Schenn
Buchnevich
Saad

3rd period

Kopitar
Kempe
Arvi
Danault

Kyrou
Schenn
Buchnevich
Saad

GKG!!!

PERIOD TWO

Byfield - Danault - Arty - Thousand Oaks Native

Thomas - Saad - Blais - Leddy

3rd period

Iafallo
Vilardi
Moore
Kupari
Kyrou
Kapanen
Schenn
Scandella

GWG. Third Period.
Neighbours. Kapanen. Blais. Parayko.
Byfield. Danault. Grundstrom. Doughty.

Part 1: 1st period
Part 2: Kyrou, Saad, Parayko, Schenn
Vilardi, Grundstrom, Kempe, Byfield

Go Kings!!

can't have a let down on this one. Since no team is losing in regulation, Kings need to win.

Now Chirping

• No one is chatting at the moment.
Back