***St. Louis Blues vs. LA Kings GDT 3/26/23 7:30pm on BSW***

That game ...

airplane-lloyd-bridges.gif

b3uVFT.gif

airplane-glue.gif

Last edited:
One of the traits of a really good team is that occasionally they play a very bad game and still find a way to win. Case in point...

It’s so funny that people are upset with a win. I guess that’s how good this team has been lately. I think when you’re up 4 goals after the 1st it’s only natural to take your foot off the gas pedal. But when it came down to it they got the win.

Go Kings Go!

The silver lining from this game is, your defense can play terrible and you still win. Giving up six goals was usually an automatic loss in this league, however not now.

Congratulations to the following posters who correctly guessed the game winning goal would be scored in the 3rd and/or that Drew Doughty would get the GWG

Both (2 points)
CIrvine
Shackleford
TooCool

GWG 3rd (1 point)
LeftyKing
jammer06
sonnyboy11
srm1105
randdog
kingsmen93
SirJW
beady eye

Doughty GWG (1 Point):
Dr. Tran
kingrussell
Chateau Bow Wow
Nyssa42
Liz4LA

Take the points and the win. Its nice that the fanbase is bloodthirsty and wants to step on necks but this team isn't there yet. They've got stuff to work out. But in the meantime that power play, just phenomenal. Keep that mojo. Expect more lineup shenanigans as well with the team signing some college players who are probably promised a game to burn a year off their ELC. The Toddsters got some work to do.

You don’t bring in a goalie like Korpi not to start him in the playoffs. Copley made the choice quite clear tonight.

I'm not throwing Copper under the bus after one bad game. That being said, I do believe that Korpi will be the starting goalie in the playoffs. Playoff experience does matter.

You don’t bring in a goalie like Korpi not to start him in the playoffs. Copley made the choice quite clear tonight.

Maybe. Most of the goals were directly from completely open players in the slot, with complete defensive melt downs or bone head penalty kills. I don't think any were necessarily bad goals. I think Todd would agree with me. He made big saves. IDK if Korpi would have fared better, Kings were doing their early season score a ton and let in a ton thing, outscoring their problems as Faust said. They played about 25 minutes. I'm really not sure how Korpi would have done. I still think Copley is 23? and 4 losses.. I can't ignore that season. His experience is losing 4-1 in the playoffs. So. yeah. Not doughty-ing the guy but I think Copley saved our season and is.. still winning, and has earned a playoff berth. In my eyes, until Korpi totally steals it. I do know I'm in the minority here on the Copley train.

Last edited:
Drew Doughty's 48 points through 72 games is his highest season point total since 2017-18. He's got a good shot at breaking the 50 point mark for the 4th time in his career.

Maybe. Most of the goals were directly from completely open players in the slot, with complete defensive melt downs or bone head penalty kills. I don't think any were necessarily bad goals. I think Todd would agree with me. He made big saves. IDK if Korpi would have fared better, Kings were doing their early season score a ton and let in a ton thing, outscoring their problems as Faust said. They played about 25 minutes. I'm really not sure how Korpi would have done. I still think Copley is 23? and 4 losses.. I can't ignore that season. His experience is losing 4-1 in the playoffs. So. yeah. Not doughty-ing the guy but I think Copley saved our season and is.. still winning, and has earned a playoff berth. In my eyes, until Korpi totally steals it. I do know I'm in the minority here on the Copley train.

I'm with you on the Copley train. I'm willing to ride him until he gives me a reason to doubt him. Those weren't really bad goals (unlike Hofer who seemed to lose focus after giving up a couple). Copley has been amazingly good for us. Just because he doesn't have pedigree isn't reason to just toss him aside.

Following the game, Arvy was named first star of the week on nhl.com after posting 5 goals and 2 assists in 3 GP. Go Arvy!

The bottom 6 is going to get real interesting. I’d love to see Fiala and Vilardi on a line together but guessing Todd will be more likely to drop Vilardi down with Kupari than AI.

The analytics community is very pro Vilardi's D performance. He cleans up a lot of stuff it seems in their eyes. Probably because his board work is so good. Todd is very likely to insulate a 4th or 3rd line Center with him.

The analytics community is very pro Vilardi's D performance. He cleans up a lot of stuff it seems in their eyes. Probably because his board work is so good. Todd is very likely to insulate a 4th or 3rd line Center with him.

Gabe wins a ton of board battles. Almost the entire forward squad is above average in terms of board work. But Blake needs to lock Gabe down at a bargain price ASAP while he can still get a cheap bridge.

Yeah it’s awesome - his defensive numbers are way up there on player cards I’ve seen. I should clarify - I’d like to see Fiala down with Lizotte and Vilardi but figure that’s not going to happen. Although maybe Todd keeps Moore on the third. In that case you have to drop AI to the fourth line.

Exactly

Back