The Avengers/Marvel movies

FMv19p9VkAQmPAn

watched the new Spiderman last night... if it weren't for Tobey and Garfield that **** woulda been a snoozefest

Actually Ned's lola was awesome. It was like hearing my gramma talk again except I don't remember if she asked anybody if they were hungry, which would've been more accurate for a filipino gramma.

Is it too soon to be hyping Deadpool 3? I mean I'm totally buying it day 1 but damn that's like a year and a half away...

Is this valid? I think a lot of things have ruined comedy. Not sure I would put Marvel high on the list.
I think it's worth considering. Paul Rudd is Ant Man, the last two Thor movies are Taika Waititi comedies, there have been 2 r rated Deadpool comedies, The Guardians of the Galaxy movies are comedies.

The Marvel formula includes quips and laughs. Why am I going to go see Bridesmaids 2 when I can watch 18 marvel comedies a year?

Ok, Two questions

What did you think of GOTG3 and, overall...the trilogy in general. Be kind, these are deeply personal to me. Once again, tell me what you didn't like.

2) How are you guys feelimng about the MCU in general. What is working? What isn't?

btw, biased...but that hallway fight was a pretty badass scene
I think it's worth considering. Paul Rudd is Ant Man, the last two Thor movies are Taika Waititi comedies, there have been 2 r rated Deadpool comedies, The Guardians of the Galaxy movies are comedies.

The Marvel formula includes quips and laughs. Why am I going to go see Bridesmaids 2 when I can watch 18 marvel comedies a year?

I'm not sure I get that. I mean, EVERY SUMMER tentpole movies flood the market...usually full of quips and banter. Since as far back as I can remember. Comedies still were a thing. Everyone blames Marvel for their woes. Find another way. Innovate. Don't blame your failure on someone's success.

Ok, Two questions

What did you think of GOTG3 and, overall...the trilogy in general. Be kind, these are deeply personal to me. Once again, tell me what you didn't like.

I am pro GOTG.
2) How are you guys feelimng about the MCU in general. What is working? What isn't?
I'm pretty bored with it in general. The MCU has finally accomplished what I suppose it set out to do... replicate comic books and for all the reasons I stopped reading and collecting mainstream "Big Two" comics... there's too much and the stories aren't about characters anymore they're just about the lore.

I don't want to watch movies about the movies I've already seen. I like stories with strong themes, compelling stories and interesting characters. I don't like punchfests, 'splosions or fan service.

I'm not sure I get that. I mean, EVERY SUMMER tentpole movies flood the market...usually full of quips and banter. Since as far back as I can remember. Comedies still were a thing. Everyone blames Marvel for their woes. Find another way. Innovate. Don't blame your failure on someone's success.
I'm not blaming. I think another explanation might be "the golden era of television" and the number of opportunities it provides for creative funny people... BUT if someone wants to say that Marvel has played it's part I'm listening.

Think of the generation of SNL alumni comedies we might have had if Brooklyn 99, Barry, Ted Lasso and Last Man On Earth were never produced. Not to mention the Righteous Gemstones, Eastbound and Down, What We Do In The Shadows etc etc etc t

There's also the "death" of the "monoculture". As social media and the proliferation of entertainment opportunities splinters the audience the ability to make a "broad" comedy that will capture the imagination of audiences the way it did before YouTube, TikTok etc etc ... I dunno man. To everything turn turn turn there is a season turn turn turn.

I want to stress I'm not BLAMING Marvel movies but I probably laughed harder at Deadpool 2 than any "mainstream comedy" in theaters recently.

Back
Top Bottom