Home Cookin' The BBQ/Smokers/Smoked Meats Thread...

in preparation for St Patty's Day, I've got a brisket flat brining to make a corned beef out of it (hopefully). how about you?

in preparation for St Patty's Day, I've got a brisket flat brining to make a corned beef out of it (hopefully). how about you?

Same. Been brining mine for a while now (always a pain for me to find small pieces of brisket local to me, so found a 5 lb one and jumped on it - it'll be brining for about 2 weeks). I brine without curing salt though...outnumbered by folks who don't like to see red cooked meat. I don't usually smoke it for St. Patrick's Day, but may turn leftovers into pastrami.

Same. Been brining mine for a while now (always a pain for me to find small pieces of brisket local to me, so found a 5 lb one and jumped on it - it'll be brining for about 2 weeks). I brine without curing salt though...outnumbered by folks who don't like to see red cooked meat. I don't usually smoke it for St. Patrick's Day, but may turn leftovers into pastrami.

I saw some nice cuts of brisket flats at Ralphs today. too bad that 1) I already have the brisket in the fridge, and 2) it's too late to start curing. I got my cut at Stater Bros last week. it looked weird and isn't a flat cut, but it's a brisket, nonetheless. shoulda gone to Ralph's instead.

I'm out of town this weekend but plan to make corned beef and cabbage when we get back. I mean, you gotta. It's that time of the year. I won't be brining my own, though.

Fired up the smoker for the first time in a long time. Got a few racks of beef short ribs.
2lnv0wh.jpg

Has anyone here done a semi-boneless leg of lamb? Picked one up the other day, but i have never cooked one before. I Will most likely go with Meatheads lamb rub unless you guys have any suggestions.

Just picked up 5 racks of babybacks at Ralphs for the 4th of July. $1.99lb!

anyone have issues picking up short ribs at a Ralph's or Von's? sure they look thick and meaty in the package (twss?) but when you take them out, you'd end up trimming out more fat than there is meat.

9 month bump here!

Smoked these "Party Wings" from Pavillions yesterday. :)

91079056_10158474883309258_3842039685849284608_o.jpg

Took the new offset smoker on her maiden voyage for the 4th:

Ribs just getting started:
Bo4ReTc.jpg

Queso ready to go on the grill:
vyhBuH0.jpg

Almost there:
Ux5ohYC.jpg

The finished queso:
bdKa2VD.jpg

The smoke ring:
JdYchlk.jpg

Recently I've bought a small electric griddle for my kitchen and I believe it was pretty good purchase for the period of not active outdoor grilling. I've tried to cook some ordinary easy things like burgers and cheese, but I'd like to make some experiments with steaks and ribs.

Steaks should be fine but I'm not sure how ribs would work on a griddle.

I have a cheapo smoker from Home Depot that I've been using to make tri-tip, pork shoulder, and BBQ ribs. Tri-tip is easy because the cook time is short, and it's easy to regulate the heat using briquettes with wood for smoke flavor. My pork shoulder and ribs come out ok. I've been equally hit and miss with them. I still haven't built up the courage to cook a brisket, mainly because if I **** it up I will have $50 of bad meat. I'm not looking forward to that.

I still haven't done a pork butt or brisket in my Masterbuilt 30 because of how damn long it will take! I haven't smoked any ribs or wings or anything for quite some time. Maybe this weekend I'll come out of semi-retirement. :hungry:

Did you get the masterbuilt charcoal smoker?
if so how are you liking it?

Did you get the masterbuilt charcoal smoker?
if so how are you liking it?

Mine is the regular Masterbuilt Electric one. It's pretty good, but I find the bottom shelf is worthless because of how close the rack is to the heating element. Any food on that rack gets scorched more or less.

Sportsman1100_Lifestyle.png

Got this Sportsman 1100 from Pit Boss for Xmas. I would have preferred one a tad smaller...but oh well.

Broke it in with a shoulder, 3 racks of ribs and a tri-tip. So much easier than my old Masterbuilt Electric box.

Back
Top Bottom