Wrestling The Wrasslin' Thread of LetsGoKings

I really like Jay White and Juice Robinson in AEW. Nice storyline going on.

Agreed. I think if they were both riding solo, people might not really care about them. Juice is a prime example of this. When he first signed he was barely getting reactions and was always on Dark. The Ass Boys being part of Bullet Club Gold really helps them too.

I know mitchrock is a big fan of Luther. How do you like him being Toni Storm's Butler now? =D And they changed him name to "Lutha" lol

"AEW has agreed to terms with one of the world's best wrestlers, a pro who is known + respected by virtually every @AEW fan," Khan wrote on X (Formerly Twitter). "They'll come to LA to sign their contract THIS SATURDAY 11/18 on ppv at #AEWFullGear!

I'm going with:
1. Mercedes Mone
2. Will Osprey
3. Dolph Ziggler
4. Goldberg (I'll walk right out of Full Gear)

I'm excited for Saturday. The card is stacked.

* AEW World Championship Match: MJF vs. Jay White
* AEW World Tag Team Championship Match: Ricky Starks & Big Bill vs. La Facción Ingobernable vs. FTR vs. Malakai Black * Brody King
* AEW Women’s Championship Match: Hikaru Shida vs. Toni Storm
* AEW TBS Championship Match: Kris Statlander vs. Julia Hart vs. Skye Blue
* AEW International Championship Match: Orange Cassidy vs. Jon Moxley
* Texas Death Match: Swerve Strickland vs. Hangman Page
* ROH Tag Team Championship Match: MJF & TBA vs. The Gunns
* Sting, Darby Allin & Adam Copeland vs. Christian Cage, Luchasaurus, & Nick Wayne
* Kenny Omega & Chris Jericho vs.The Young Bucks

And do we find out that the devil is Adam Cole? Will my "I paid to see Abadon" sign get on tv?

My predictions:
MJF over White - it's gotta be Cole that he loses the title to. I just want to see the "sportsmanship" handshake followed by rake to the eyes. I say post-match the devil and gang appears and we find out it's Cole.
Ricky Starks/Big Bill - no idea who will win but Starks can use a push. So can Ingobernale so they're my backup.
Storm (it is time to watch out for the shoe)
Julia Hart - Statlander a bit stale, Blue a bit raw. Hart has been featured a bit lately and time for her to take it home to house of black.
Cassidy - there will be blood. But Cassidy has to exorcise the demon and get a victory over Mox.
Strickland - Page doesn't have much in the way of momentum at all. Strickland will win even if by outside intereference.
MJF & TBA - gotta hold the titles until Cole comes back. Perhaps Samoa Joe will be his partner (yes please) then put him to sleep, making his win over White that much more joyous.
Sting/Allin/Copeland - Wayne can eat the pin here and give fans a treat for their heroes.
Omega/Jericho - I did not see that tag team coming, but this should be a very fun match if Jericho can keep up.

Last edited:
My predictions:
MJF over White - it's gotta be Cole that he loses the title to. I just want to see the "sportsmanship" handshake followed by rake to the eyes. I say post-match the devil and gang appears and we find out it's Cole.
Ricky Starks/Big Bill - no idea who will win but Starks can use a push. So can Ingobernale so they're my backup.
Storm (it is time to watch out for the shoe)
Julia Hart - Statlander a bit stale, Blue a bit raw. Hart has been featured a bit lately and time for her to take it home to house of black.
Cassidy - there will be blood. But Cassidy has to exorcise the demon and get a victory over Mox.
Strickland - Page doesn't have much in the way of momentum at all. Strickland will win even if by outside intereference.
MJF & TBA - gotta hold the titles until Cole comes back. Perhaps Samoa Joe will be his partner (yes please) then put him to sleep, making his win over White that much more joyous.
Sting/Allin/Copeland - Wayne can eat the pin here and give fans a treat for their heroes.
Omega/Jericho - I did not see that tag team coming, but this should be a very fun match if Jericho can keep up.

Nice nice! Have a great time! Are you doing Collision/Rampage tonight as well? Or just Full Gear?

I thought about going to this one but there was too much going on with my mom just coming back from vacation and other family members being in town for Thanksgiving. I'll just stream this. I'm sort of "protesting" by not shelling out $50 for a damn PPV when they could have put all this on HBO Max by now. lol

- I'm not a fan of having the heel "steal" a title and then proceed to hold the damn title for like 1-2 months now? It would have had so much more impact if Jay White won the belt and then touched the World Title for the 1st time. So with that said.. yeah, MJF is retaining. We definitely find out who the devil is. The only confusing this is.. why did the Devil attack Jay White to start? They never really followed up on that, other than the fact that the devil has been taking out anyone close to MJF.

- I want to see Ricky Starks and Big Bill do more with the Tag Titles. I hope they retain. But it wouldn't surprise me at all if they gave the titles back to FTR.

- I also want to see Hikaru Shida have a longer and more meaningful title reign. The pandemic run she had wasn't fair for her and the two times she's held the title now in front of fans.. they're doing nothing with her. But Toni Storm and Mariah May have something really special cooked up. So I can understand it if they want to give Toni Storm the title back.

- Julia Hart is definitely winning this with the help of Skye Blue finally turning heel. They kept teasing it but never elaborated on it. Yet Skye Blue still has that "makeup" to show corruption. Kris Statlander's title run has been kind of a dud, but that's AEW booking for you. Every time someone is a champ, Tony Khan seems to be confused on what they want the champs to do.

- If Orange doesn't win this match, he's turning heel. We saw a tease of that when he seemed obsessed with the International Title. To the point where he almost forgot to hug his Best Friends. But now the story is that while he's the champ, he doesn't feel like a champ unless he beats the guy who beat him for it. And on Dynamite, Cassidy looked "shaken up" that he and Hook lost to Mox and Yuta. This match might steal the show IMO.

- I sort of disagree with you about Swerve/Page not having momentum. They do now. AEW's problem is that they have 12 weeks to book a PPV and they don't do anything about it until the final 2 weeks. I personally think it's a huge reason why people aren't really attending Dynamite or Collision (besides the fact that ticket prices are too high in general). This Texas Deathmatch will be something else. Swerve broke into Adam's house and Adam is out for vengeance. He even showed up to an Indy show yesterday in Glendale to attack Swerve, so that's fun. I think Hangman wins this one.

- MJF & TBA vs Ass Boys - Joe or Roddy will definitely be his partner. I think it would be funny though if Joe was the partner and did most of the work. That way MJF is "fresh" for his match against Jay White.

- Adam Copeland, Sting, Darby definitely wins here. I agree with you on Nick Wayne eating the pin. It's possible Luchasaurus can take it too, but it doesn't really matter I guess.

- Omega/Jericho vs Young Bucks... can't believe I'm saying this but I don't care for it. So the story is that the Young Bucks doesn't like Jericho hanging out with Kenny? And that Kenny is ignoring The Elite? That's it? Oh but wait.. the Young Bucks #1 contendership is on the line. Okay then. lol. I just know the match should be fun but story wise, I can't say that I care.

Anyway, it should be a fun time. Enjoy!!

Nice nice! Have a great time! Are you doing Collision/Rampage tonight as well? Or just Full Gear?

I thought about going to this one but there was too much going on with my mom just coming back from vacation and other family members being in town for Thanksgiving. I'll just stream this. I'm sort of "protesting" by not shelling out $50 for a damn PPV when they could have put all this on HBO Max by now. lol

- I'm not a fan of having the heel "steal" a title and then proceed to hold the damn title for like 1-2 months now? It would have had so much more impact if Jay White won the belt and then touched the World Title for the 1st time. So with that said.. yeah, MJF is retaining. We definitely find out who the devil is. The only confusing this is.. why did the Devil attack Jay White to start? They never really followed up on that, other than the fact that the devil has been taking out anyone close to MJF.

- I want to see Ricky Starks and Big Bill do more with the Tag Titles. I hope they retain. But it wouldn't surprise me at all if they gave the titles back to FTR.

- I also want to see Hikaru Shida have a longer and more meaningful title reign. The pandemic run she had wasn't fair for her and the two times she's held the title now in front of fans.. they're doing nothing with her. But Toni Storm and Mariah May have something really special cooked up. So I can understand it if they want to give Toni Storm the title back.

- Julia Hart is definitely winning this with the help of Skye Blue finally turning heel. They kept teasing it but never elaborated on it. Yet Skye Blue still has that "makeup" to show corruption. Kris Statlander's title run has been kind of a dud, but that's AEW booking for you. Every time someone is a champ, Tony Khan seems to be confused on what they want the champs to do.

- If Orange doesn't win this match, he's turning heel. We saw a tease of that when he seemed obsessed with the International Title. To the point where he almost forgot to hug his Best Friends. But now the story is that while he's the champ, he doesn't feel like a champ unless he beats the guy who beat him for it. And on Dynamite, Cassidy looked "shaken up" that he and Hook lost to Mox and Yuta. This match might steal the show IMO.

- I sort of disagree with you about Swerve/Page not having momentum. They do now. AEW's problem is that they have 12 weeks to book a PPV and they don't do anything about it until the final 2 weeks. I personally think it's a huge reason why people aren't really attending Dynamite or Collision (besides the fact that ticket prices are too high in general). This Texas Deathmatch will be something else. Swerve broke into Adam's house and Adam is out for vengeance. He even showed up to an Indy show yesterday in Glendale to attack Swerve, so that's fun. I think Hangman wins this one.

- MJF & TBA vs Ass Boys - Joe or Roddy will definitely be his partner. I think it would be funny though if Joe was the partner and did most of the work. That way MJF is "fresh" for his match against Jay White.

- Adam Copeland, Sting, Darby definitely wins here. I agree with you on Nick Wayne eating the pin. It's possible Luchasaurus can take it too, but it doesn't really matter I guess.

- Omega/Jericho vs Young Bucks... can't believe I'm saying this but I don't care for it. So the story is that the Young Bucks doesn't like Jericho hanging out with Kenny? And that Kenny is ignoring The Elite? That's it? Oh but wait.. the Young Bucks #1 contendership is on the line. Okay then. lol. I just know the match should be fun but story wise, I can't say that I care.

Anyway, it should be a fun time. Enjoy!!
Just Full Gear for me. It was too much (both time and money) to do both.

I'm changing my opinion on Shida/Storm after the segment Wednesday night. May could easily get involved and "accidentally" cause Storm to lose the match. Shida retains and you have the program with May/Storm.

I didn't think about Cassidy turning heel. I mean, whatever. (see what I did there). I guess he could turn on Hook either after losing to Mox or during, and start a feud with him.

Also on Dynamite, I think Ibushi riding a bike and doing joust was probably my favorite thing of the year. And the clothesline off it that Cage put on him? Good lord.

The only thing I could think of with the devil hurting anyone close to MJF, is that possibly it could be Wardlow? But I doubt it. Judging from the build of the guy they showed once, and overall arc it has to be Cole. It just makes too much sense.

Um Hangman's promo on Strickland on Dynamite? Wow. Going after this family, getting fired a couple years ago and buying weed from students? I sure hope that was scripted! But why wouldn't they let Swerve say something back to him before he beat up the dancing dude?

Bucks seem to be going heel, which is fine. I'd rather they have tag titles versus the thrown together team. I mean Kenny and Chris together is fine as inevitably one will turn on the other. But there are good tag teams together already.

What the heck happened to the trios titles?

And how do you have a pay per view in LA and not have Penta on it? I assume he'll be on the pre show.

Apparently Ronda Rousey showed up last night and took a belt hit from Athena at a Wrestling Revolver show. Now there's rumors she may be the big signing for Khan. I hope not.

Last edited:
What the heck happened to the trios titles?

And how do you have a pay per view in LA and not have Penta on it? I assume he'll be on the pre show.

Apparently Ronda Rousey showed up last night and took a belt hit from Athena at a Wrestling Revolver show. Now there's rumors she may be the big signing for Khan. I hope not.

Yeah, no idea what happened to the Trios Titles. I mean the Acclaimed have them and they were "injured" by the Devil and his goons so at least technically there's a story there. But even then, they didn't have any feuds going.

Yeah, again.. no Penta. At least he was on Collision?? Rey Fenix is still hurt too.

Agreed with you on Ronda. Not a fan of her. If she stays on Ring of Honor, I guess that's fine? What's really messed up is that if Ronda signs with AEW, Tony Khan is basically making sure Mercedes Mone stays away from AEW.

Now I'm ordering Full Gear. Damn it.. lol. Just got too excited and every match on the card just got better. Especially that 4 Way Tag Match that is suddenly a Ladder Match!

I went to Full Gear and was set to give it an A- with a cool Devil reveal but to me the end of MJF just walking out kind of fell flat so I give it a solid B+. To me the problem with the lack of Devil reveal is the long it goes on the bigger the payoff has to be and there are just not that many big surprises left so here are mine!
1-Danhausen
2-Tony Kahn as you know he wants to be evil heel boss like Vince BUT man is he brutal on camera
3-By the time the next PPV roles around all non compete clauses are gone so Ziggler could be a nice Devil

If they stick to whoever The Devil is is the actual person in the costume they are slender in build leading most people to think it's Britt Baker but that's not the big pop it now has to be. Mercedes would also be a cool reveal but The Devil seems to be smaller in stature so who knows?

All I’m gonna say is some of these in arena videos of Seth Rollins reaction are wild. If they’re legit and not part of a work that is

Punk's return to WWE was interesting. Obviously, big headlines everywhere and what not. And social media is as toxic as ever.

I think overall, his return to wrestling and AEW was more impactful. Selling out the United Center for Rampage vs a Survivor Series PPV at the All State Arena with all the drama attached doesn't quite compare. But it really goes to show you that when they use the term "Never say never" for wrestling, it's freaking true. lol

I remember when Punk was in WWE he didn't like that he was basically not the main event guy. With Roman Reigns never showing up, Punk will be playing second fiddle again with the World Heavyweight Title. Plus all the comments he made about unions, blood money shows in Saudi, etc. Oooh boy. All that should be fun.

Ratings for RAW will definitely be up tonight. Does this mean Jack Perry's suspension should basically be over? I'd have him show up on Dynamite as soon as this Wednesday if I were in charge.

Yeah I mean, Punk looked incredibly slow and back a step when he wrestled in AEW to me. I don't look for spectacular matches, but the interviews could be fun. But I imagine it'll be pretty white washed. It's a shame, we watched Survivor Series and I thought both war games matches were pretty good. Punk just totally overshadowed Orton's return. Entrance was cool but his returning to Dynamite seemed much more emotional. Internet is alive with whether Seth and Drew's reactions were legit. I don't know, or really care. But I did get a laugh of the video of Orton sitting on a chair in the ring, pointing to an imaginary watch on his wrist as a "I want to get out of here".

I never wrote about Full Gear. Once again a ton of fun at an aew event. Although for the first time ever I felt like a bad father because....

The Texas Death Match - yeah my 11 year old was not a fan and halfway through had to bury his head in my shoulder. At one point he asked to leave and get food. Yeeesh. He made it though, and was back to his super excited self by the Young Bucks/Jericho & Omega match. I am not sure what to say other than a joey styles "oh my god". I mean even I was in a bit of shock. I was never a huge Swerve fan but he earned my respect. And he is super over. Even I got into a few Swerve's House chants. Hangman drinking his blood? Geezus. The barbed wire getting stuck on their head, neck and back a couple times. Geezus. That was something. It made TMZ so I guess a win? I should also note my 9 year old and his 12 year old cousin loved it.
Chants heard during this match:
"you sick f***" (to both guys at points)
"we're sick f***s" (the crowd to itself for cheering the match)
"we want fire"
"no we don't" (okay that was a girl behind me in response to we want fire)
"fight forever, please don't die"

I didn't have any complaints really about any other matches. Even the pre-show matches were fun. I thought MJF angle was overbooked. If they wanted to have a "fight through injury angle" they could've just had him mistakenly hurt his knee on a fall during the White match. To have him go to the hospital and have Cole pretend that he'll wrestle, I mean nobody really believed it. I am more certain than ever Cole is the devil. A couple times during the match it looked like he was either going to turn on MJF or "accidentally" do something to help White win. It has to be coming. No one else makes sense. And White not being able to beat a guy with no leg doesn't do much for his stature. Also - I'd like to thank all the AEW fans for waiting around after the match for something else to happen. It made my walk to the car and exit of the parking lot in about 10 minutes super worth while.

Golden Jets/Bucks - everyone was pretty much out of breath after the Swerve/Hangman match, so took awhile for the crowd to get into this one. They did by the end. I thought a very cool match with the spots it needed and the tantrum by the bucks after sets up their heel turn nicely.

Moxley/Orange - great match. Knew Cassidy had to win and Moxley put him over. Having to take 6 or so orange punches before going down still makes Mox a bad, bad man.

4 way Tag Ladder Match - this might have been my favorite match of the night to tell you the truth. No real advanced story just lots of cool spots. And I was super into it. Everyone worked damn hard. My kid now wakes up and does the Stark pose before getting ready every morning. I think the right team won as Starks and Big Bill have plenty more to do. But eventually House of Black has to do something.

Shida/Storm - so the title changes again which is a little sketchy, but Storm deserves it. Her distracting aubrey with the shoe was great. Fun match that had Storm (and Luther) act as perfect heels to win. She's got a ton of potential......until DMD comes back :)

Statlander/Hart/Skye - fun match. Nothing spectacular but each woman got in some good spots. Statlander has been a bit stale, good to see Hart get a run. And at least someone in the house of black won something.

Sting et al/Cage et al - Copeland was legitimately touched that the crowd sang his song after the music stopped (well more like mumbled but a good effort). Cage is the ultimate heel and running away from Copeland into the crowd was classic. After the match, Darby got on the mic to remind everyone this was Sting's last ever match in CA. He got a tremendous standing ovation alone in the ring thereafter. I'm not crying you're crying!

Ospreay - crowd super into him coming out. Thought his interview was short and sweet and said all the right things. Looking forward to him being full time, but hope the booking is a bit better than Jay White's so far.

If I had only one complaint - it was again not having Penta at an LA event. I thought maybe in pre-show, but alas no. I compare this to Survivor Series, and if I had to spend money on one or the other I'd sure be glad it was Full Gear.

All I have to say in regards of Punk's promo on RAW last night was that... MJF was right when he mentioned PG Punk when they were feuding in AEW.

I tuned in (probably like everyone else) to see what he had to say. It was very... basic. I think the WWE fans that didn't watch any of AEW probably thought it was an insanely good promo. For everyone else though, if they're saying that, then they're lying.

All I have to say in regards of Punk's promo on RAW last night was that... MJF was right when he mentioned PG Punk when they were feuding in AEW.

I tuned in (probably like everyone else) to see what he had to say. It was very... basic. I think the WWE fans that didn't watch any of AEW probably thought it was an insanely good promo. For everyone else though, if they're saying that, then they're lying.
spot on. Not a bad promo by any means, but very tame. I was left with, that's it? At least in aew you never know what they're going to say.

And the "well not everyone" line indicates to me that Rollins' reaction was 100% a work after the wargames match.

Really loved the promo with Adam and Christian last night. Christian, with his kids injured at the hands of Adam... suddenly wants to team up with him now, and to do it for Adam's mom. I was hooked and it's so fun to see Christian be the weasel that he is. And when Adam turned away, Christian tried to attack him. :lol: Then Adam of course, knew it was coming so he even called Christian a dumbass and told him to F himself which TBS didn't censor until it was tooooo late.

The Swerve/Jay White match was great to watch too. When I saw the finish my first thought was, "That's how rollup finishes should be!"

Love the hometown pop Julia Hart got. She's really starting to be a fan favorite. But my complaint is... can we stop using Emi Sakura so she can lose title matches?

Where the **** is Konosuke Takeshita, Powerhouse Hobbs, or even Kyle Fletcher? Come on now. You need to keep these talents on TV on a more consistent basis. (The same applies for Miro and Andrade on Collision.) Granted, Andrade is in the tourney so at least he'll be on TV more.

Then let's talk about the Devil stuff. Loved how Wardlow didn't bother fixing his "mask hair" after that segment. I really wonder who the other guys are. We're all thinking it has to be the Kingdom if Adam Cole is the devil. But part of me hopes that it were members of the Pinnacle with FTR and Shawn Spears being the other dudes.

Yes every show that does not feature takeshita is a show that is severely lacking in takeshita.

I can't believe it would be Wardlow as the devil. They wouldn't have to have had him do promos on air about wanting to go after MJF. They should've kept him off tv longer and just had him appear when it's revealed. I think too from prior episodes, the build of the guy wearing the mask seemed to be smaller than Wardlow's body. I guess though if Cole really is going to be out for an extremely long time he'd be one that would make sense. I've seen Jack Perry mentioned too, but that just doesn't seem to jive well storywise.

Really loved the promo with Adam and Christian last night. Christian, with his kids injured at the hands of Adam... suddenly wants to team up with him now, and to do it for Adam's mom. I was hooked and it's so fun to see Christian be the weasel that he is. And when Adam turned away, Christian tried to attack him. :lol: Then Adam of course, knew it was coming so he even called Christian a dumbass and told him to F himself which TBS didn't censor until it was tooooo late.

The Swerve/Jay White match was great to watch too. When I saw the finish my first thought was, "That's how rollup finishes should be!"

Love the hometown pop Julia Hart got. She's really starting to be a fan favorite. But my complaint is... can we stop using Emi Sakura so she can lose title matches?

Where the **** is Konosuke Takeshita, Powerhouse Hobbs, or even Kyle Fletcher? Come on now. You need to keep these talents on TV on a more consistent basis. (The same applies for Miro and Andrade on Collision.) Granted, Andrade is in the tourney so at least he'll be on TV more.

Then let's talk about the Devil stuff. Loved how Wardlow didn't bother fixing his "mask hair" after that segment. I really wonder who the other guys are. We're all thinking it has to be the Kingdom if Adam Cole is the devil. But part of me hopes that it were members of the Pinnacle with FTR and Shawn Spears being the other dudes.
To me The Devil because of the prolonged reveal has to be someone like Ziggler at this point for it to pop and I believe his non compete clause is up mid December. Riddle would be cool I guess but in terms of the other guys it's interesting as the attack on Jay White they seemed smaller but when Bowens was thrown through the window and last week vs MJF one of them seemed pretty big. I just hope The Devil isn't Tony Kahn as afterall if they stick to the person in the actual costume they are slight in build and you know he's a fan and would love to give us his version of Evil Vince.

In terms of the other guys, I'll assume it's guys who just haven't been on tv in a bit so maybe O'Reilly and Spears?

417727903_890076619247211_5252141707133427049_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom